Duncan's Sonnia List Question

NickDub

8 minutes ago, NickDub said:

I am planning on using this list sometime before M3E but looking at the list, I am curious if Grimwell's 4" push is really required anymore, could spend 9ss elsewhere? Just looking for thoughts/opinions.

Thanks!

The nice thing about Grimwell is that you can chain activate into Sonnia with the "new" Cherufe upgrade. She might be stuck in melee: no worries, get her out of melee and then chain activate to blast everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Franchute said:

The nice thing about Grimwell is that you can chain activate into Sonnia with the "new" Cherufe upgrade. She might be stuck in melee: no worries, get her out of melee and then chain activate to blast everything.

Ah!!! I see the light now 😃 

I hope to use this soon! Anyone have any variations they use per specific Scheme/Strats? Or is the ultimate goal to destroy!

23 minutes ago, NickDub said:

Ah!!! I see the light now 😃 

I hope to use this soon! Anyone have any variations they use per specific Scheme/Strats? Or is the ultimate goal to destroy!

Yes, I thought about using 2 investigators but the thing is to chain activate. As I've always read Duncan's destroys everything and then he schemes what he can XD.

25 minutes ago, longfanz said:

Yes, I thought about using 2 investigators but the thing is to chain activate. As I've always read Duncan's destroys everything and then he schemes what he can XD.

I was initially thinking of a witchling handler only for the burning aura and applying expert slueth or 2x witchling stalkers, they can companion and each drop a marker to push sonnia 6" total. May risk pushing sonnias activation to late.

5 hours ago, longfanz said:

Having played against Duncan a few times (and attending 3 or 4 tournaments with him) you are correct. When he is playing to win, he kills everything turns 1-2, maybe into turn 3. Then he scores whatever points he needs after that

5 hours ago, Cueball said:

What does the list look like? Anything involving taking models off the table sounds fun :)

Something like this, don't know if he has tweaked it more since then.

50 SS Guild Crew
Sonnia Criid + 5 Pool
- Cherufe's Imprint (1)
- Counterspell Aura (1)
- Cherufes Parting Gift (1)
Malifaux Child (3)
Dr. Grimwell (9)
- Expert Sleuth (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
- Wade In (1)
- Hermanos de Armas (1)
Papa Loco (7)
- Numb To The World (1)
Guild Investigator (6)
Watcher (4)
Brutal Effigy (4)

The investigator and Francisco pushes her and Francisco + Loco buffs her. Don't remember the intricates of activation order. You keep her somethat safe and Grimwell does the last push. It is pretty tricky to stay safe from it since Grimwell will push her the last bit needed and she can chain activate after he goes.

41 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

50 SS Guild Crew
Sonnia Criid + 5 Pool
- Cherufe's Imprint (1)
- Counterspell Aura (1)
Malifaux Child (3)
Dr. Grimwell (9)
- Expert Sleuth (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
- Wade In (1)
- Hermanos de Armas (1)
Papa Loco (7)
- Numb To The World (1)
Guild Investigator (6)
Watcher (4)
Brutal Effigy (4)

The investigator and Francisco pushes her and Francisco + Loco buffs her. Don't remember the intricates of activation order. You keep her somethat safe and Grimwell does the last push. It is pretty tricky to stay safe from it since Grimwell will push her the last bit needed and she can chain activate after he goes.

That's perfect thank you, does the watcher scheme or set it's self up for LOS turn 2? 

2 hours ago, Cueball said:

That's perfect thank you, does the watcher scheme or set it's self up for LOS turn 2? 

Probably depends on the board and what the opponent does. It's a nice other los route. As long as you can hit lots of things and cheat the damage, the list is happy. 

14 hours ago, Ludvig said:

50 SS Guild Crew
Sonnia Criid + 5 Pool
- Cherufe's Imprint (1)
- Counterspell Aura (1)
Malifaux Child (3)
Dr. Grimwell (9)
- Expert Sleuth (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
- Wade In (1)
- Hermanos de Armas (1)
Papa Loco (7)
- Numb To The World (1)
Guild Investigator (6)
Watcher (4)
Brutal Effigy (4)

I heard somewhere about a student of conflict to give Sonnia fast first turn.

4 hours ago, longfanz said:

I heard somewhere about a student of conflict to give Sonnia fast first turn.

Yeah I had heard that too, Its definitely going all in on the alpha strike but I guess you are happy to sac the student for the flame as there is no way the student will keep up with Sonia.

18 hours ago, Cueball said:

Yeah I had heard that too, Its definitely going all in on the alpha strike but I guess you are happy to sac the student for the flame as there is no way the student will keep up with Sonia.

Yup, that is what you are supposed to do. You alpha, burn and kill as much as you can, then you summon a flame and use it to tie the best model you can that you couldn't kill.