Franchute

Monthly painting challenge - June

Here are the images of my 155ss from this month... Hopefully this works???

IMG_20180618_094933.jpg

IMG_20180618_094855.jpg

IMG_20180618_095102.jpg

IMG_20180618_095138.jpg

Wow that's a painful way to get images uploaded. Will goo and put these in my painting blog now in case this doesn't work

• Like 8

Just now, Aa7 said:

Here are the images of my 155ss from this month... Hopefully this works???

155! 😱

5 hours ago, Franchute said:

155! 😱

Doh!!!!  Make that 15..... 155 would be nice but that's about a years worth of painting with the time allocation I get to paint each month 😨

• Haha 4

So here's my mid month update: 

35480000_10156611969870409_304870685774135525247_10156611969905409_227395059211835485189_10156611969940409_699101445349135472391_10156611969995409_7522916363208

Rat King 8ss, 3x Malifaux Rat 2each so a total of 14 so far... As usual I get sidetracked and starts other models than the ones I pledge, but I have at least got half of the pledged Rat Catcher done as well, so would probably be able to finnish it this month! But I also started on my other Rat King... 

• Like 9

Last month was very demanding, but... today I finished school :)

My pledge for the month of June is Miss Ery - another favorite model of mine :)

I already started working on her last month after I finished Mysterious Effigy.
The patches will be painted as children motifs fabric but with a twist - one has bananas on it, but one of those is rotten, another will have various balls, but one of those is going to be a skull, one has cats and a spider and such.
The claws will be NMM so it looks more like a construct it is.
And it will have one eye missing, because it actaully has a "scar" over it. The other one I would like to paint so it looks demonic. I wasn't able to find it on internet, but the pupil will look similar to the bottom left one rotated 90°.

Really looking forward to painting again :)

• Like 3

@Franchute that’s a very nice necropunk 

Im falling behind a bit this month, good early start finished Merris and scenery piece and halfway through Ulix, just need a bit more motivation to get him and a few other models done in month

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot!  It's actually a converted avatar model - I basically cut away most of the tree and made sure that Lilith fit into this smaller tree.

• Like 1

@Viruk, like a lot your Lilith. Very well painted to the point he looks alive. I'm impressed by how you finished the base with translucent effect.

Congrats.

@Franchute, the necropunk you painted looks great. Congrats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Burnin' Coal I think Izamu is 10ss, isnt he?

He turned out pretty amazing by the way. The contrast with primary colours is nice and these OSL are pretty cool 👍

I cant really see on the pictures, but the rusty blade seems great too

• Thanks 1

@Franchute Thanks for the kind words and yes - oops ! Izamu is indeed 10SS...so close to my pledge total...and yet so far...will launch myself at the Shikome tomorrow...considering how long ago Izamu had been started I was happy to see him finished...not sure I would choose that scheme a second time...one day I'll make another one because it's a great model to assemble and paint...the blade was originally all rust but then got a glowing edge as I started experimenting with dayglo colors last month

@Monkeyfist Rat King is superb ! Really tight brushwork and crisp lines - made me go "wow ! " out loud 👏

@Shock & Awe Very nice Will o'Wisps and nice contrast on Widow Weaver 👍

I completed my 2 Hunters (7ss) and the Mobile Toolkit (3ss). Pledge Value with them: 17ss. I have till the "Testosterone" model to add to my monthly production.

018s.jpg

058s.jpg

074s.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/24/2018 at 12:38 AM, Burnin' Coal said:

in th meantime for 7SS is Izamu

Unbelievable! No words to comment; just my congrats!

• Thanks 1

Hi all, as it’s almost month end I’ll call quits to getting anymore done this month

D9_A4884_B_83_DC_429_C_BEFB_131198_A530_

Ulix, Merris and a scenery piece finally complete for a total of 26ss

• Like 5

Purple Mist: I'm not sure if non-contestants can comment, so please forgive me. I do like the mottled metal (especially on the near-side leg of the second Hunter) and the unrelentingly grim simplicity of the bases: conveying something of the frontier wildness and hostility of the world Breachside. The Mobile Toolkit is a wonderfully strange model, a strange mix of steam-boiler and bird-like elegance.

• Thanks 1

After 4 weeks off of painting anything and 7 weeks off of painting Malifaux I got back to it this week and I've been hitting it with renewed interest and energy. So far I've finished Ashes and Dust, Pandora and a Nurse. Pics coming soon and might possibly complete more before the month is out.

• Like 2