What Factions Spook You?

DanteJH

I just saw a thread on the arcanist forum talking about masters who they won’t bring into a game if an opponent declares a certain faction. I’d be interested to see how this applies to us but also the opposite. So, what masters do you take or avoid dependent on the faction the other person declares?

I know I don’t take zoraida against the thunders because they have + flips out the wazoo which bypasses her defences and while a zoraida crew can usually function pretty well without her, I’d rather she not die

If I face neverborn, I ALWAYS take zipp, he flat out counters pandora, collodi and dreamer and does very well against all their other masters

As a final note from me, I like taking brewmaster against ressers a lot. They have a generally low wp, don’t function well if a few key models are taken out of the game, make moon shinobi too good to pass up with their models having hard to wound and most hand out poison which my tanuki like to heal and reactivate people with

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me its less the faction and more who I'm playing. :D We've got a small but talented crew here and if they're playing the top shelf for them, I know its going to be a bit of a bruising.  If they aren't playing their favorites, then I stand a chance.  I have Zipp and Zoraida and I'd say Marcus and Nicodem have given me the most troubles. Either devouring all of my models, or zombie apocalypse levels of summoning and then Asura in the mix...  Spooky.

Factions don't spook me as such however, there are certain masters that I don't enjoy playing against what ever I am using. Nicodem, Kirai and Ramos are the three masters that when I see across the other side of the table I know I am not going to have as enjoyable game. The fact that if they want to these masters don't need to interact with the opposing crew makes it frustrating to play against. At times it stops feeling like an alternate activation game as they don't need to react to anything I am doing unless I go for an alpha strike tactic and even then it doesn't necessarily force them to interact with my crew as usually they have some way of getting out of danger which I can do nothing against.

Neverborn - Cause they are Terrifying (Living) :D

No but seriously - I hate Neverborn. Their masters feel so powerful, and I always have a hard time with their many tricks. Also, I hate having to pick up Liquid Bravery 100% of the time I play against the faction (as a "Just-in-case" measurement)

Doesn't help that they seem to be the most popular faction in my country.