Tanuki scoring Ours! GG18

Sneekydin0

Question

12 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Sneekydin0 said:

If tanuki use their ability to pass and count as 2 models for the purposes of schemes and strategies, does it count as 10 ss in one corner for Ours? I can see arguments for both for and against it, just looking for an official ruling

It looks like the "Take A Little Nap" ability allows the Tanuki to count as two models for the Strategy but not for Schemes.

It seems like it should be counted twice for Ours. What's the argument against it counting?

Just now, WWHSD said:

It looks like the "Take A Little Nap" ability allows the Tanuki to count as two models for the Strategy but not for Schemes.

It seems like it should be counted twice for Ours. What's the argument against it counting?

Ours states that "The crew with highest Soulstone cost within each table Quarter controls it." So the argument is that the Tanuki counts as two models but still only have a Soulstone value of 5. Its not two Tanuki models, it's one Tanuki counting as 2 models.

1 hour ago, l319h said:

I'm sure this has been brought up previously with big Jake but i'm not sure in the ruling.

I should pay more attention :D

If memory serves, Big Jake was ruled to count as two models, each costing 5. I don't think it was an official FAQ, thinking I saw @Aaron say it as a clarification in the gg2018 beta posts. I could be wrong.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

So?

Unless Wyrd’s policy has changed the only official rulings for those who care about such things are those that are actually printed in the GG Document or in the FAQ. Until that happens there is no official way to work this. 

I know there is no 'official' answer in gg document or faq but we still need a way to rule this. Otherwise you just can't play ours with tanuki because the game will be blocked.

For me rules it as 2*5=10ss makes more sense and at least one post from a wyrd guy said so in the beta. It's not 'good' but it's the only thing we've got until some faq adress this so i will personally rules it in my games.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2018 at 4:55 AM, Fetid Strumpet said:

So?

Unless Wyrd’s policy has changed the only official rulings for those who care about such things are those that are actually printed in the GG Document or in the FAQ. Until that happens there is no official way to work this. 

While not official, we do have some precedence for the 'intent' based on the Beta and the comment from Aaron. It may not stick, but it was there as I'm not the only one to remember it. This affects a number of models and both Strats and Schemes, so hopefully we can get an official resolution to put the argument to bed.