Mercs for Nellie

Beta

I tried and Anna and Hannah combo. Its 20SS + upgrades and its really matchup dependant. Hannah`s issue is the weak damage of 2 and that shee needs stuff to copy. I do think that Strongarm + Hannah +A Debt combo might be better as you can pimp her up to min 4. I also know some people had success with copying Look Out! from Phiona and making 4 attacks with Debt when she`s fast.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to throw in that I got some playtime with McTavish in a Nellie crew and he was definitely a solid pick. Being able to move to a Corpse, Scrap, or Scheme marker was extremely useful and with the ability to get a free attack out of it, I was easily able to get up to 3-4 shots a turn including the Fast from Nellie. The ability to shoot things that are engaged as well as ignoring cover, made him very useful. I had debt to the guild on him as well, which should be used on the first turn you think you'll get 4 shots off. I made the mistake of holding on to it too long and never getting any use out of it, but it's definitely something with potential. 

Aionus is one that when I first read Nellie I really wanted to run. Haven't gotten the chance yet, but I am looking forward to it. Ran with Strongarm Suit, McTavish, and Johanna last night to good success. I'm thinking about switching in Hannah for Strongarm and seeing how that goes. So far though McTavish does some work. 

• 3 months later...

Ok, ressering is thread.   My group at this point truly believes mctav and Burt are the devil.   Fast reckless burt with debt will always trade up, and McTav alpha strikes most crews super effectively.   Those two and johan would have a permanent place in my nellie list with debt if I wasn't such a list adhd player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Ok, ressering is thread.   My group at this point truly believes mctav and Burt are the devil.   Fast reckless burt with debt will always trade up, and McTav alpha strikes most crews super effectively.   Those two and johan would have a permanent place in my nellie list with debt if I wasn't such a list adhd player. 

Then they have to hope they never see a Glowy Burt made fast by an Iron skeetar each turn, Fast Reckless burt with +1 damage and regen 1 ignoring Armour, HArd to kill and Incorporeal before you even give him an upgrade!

• Like 4

I am waiting for my McTavish and Burt to arrive but so far I have been experimenting with Big Jake, Bishop and Sue.

Big Jake was a star of the game I played on Saturday, he (alongside a reporter) held a scoring quarter for the entire game while the rest of my crew cleared the other section. I also used Sue with debt in this game who had a good turn of shooting and taking down a partly wounded brewmaster. Debt adding to his damage plus his inbuilt positive adding more chances for rams and being made fast by Nellie meant he had a good run of shots despite only being SH5 I chucked a few hand cards making it so the min dam was often 4 or 5 even when flipping negs/double negs.

What was also nice about these two particular Mercs is Big Jake being able to see and reorder/discard the top two deck cards and Sue taking damage to draw a card.

On 2017-6-13 at 1:48 PM, 4thstringer said:

How do you perform the alpha strik, get him into a good position and give him lots of ap to shoot something to bits?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joachim said:

How do you perform the alpha strik, get him into a good position and give him lots of ap to shoot something to bits?

Burt with a debt to the guild and fast is truly disgusting. You can also get him quite far up if you are willing to spend Nellie's ap so he can even charge for truly ridiculous damage. Same thing with McTavish, they dish out a lot of attacks with a very decent minimum and they always go late thanks to her passing mechanic.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2017 at 11:14 AM, Joachim said:

I'll add that because of Nellie's ability to pass activations, it is very hard for your opponent to move up without being in the danger zone to be shot by McTav and then charged by a very expendable Burt.  Taking a model like Howard Langston off the table can really hurt a lot of crews.