Avatars as legal proxies models for Emmisary

CiDevant

Question

With the release of the Brutal Emissary are the guild avatar models still legal proxies or "counts-as" models for him?  Additionally is there a list of legal proxy models somewhere? Such as Drill Sergeant, Guard Captain, and the puppet wars stuff, ect.  The gaining grounds packet seems to be missing some specific things.

6 answers to this question

With the release of the Brutal Emissary are the guild avatar models still legal proxies or "counts-as" models for him?  Additionally is there a list of legal proxy models somewhere? Such as Drill Sergeant, Guard Captain, and the puppet wars stuff, ect.  The gaining grounds packet seems to be missing some specific things.

Which models do you feel aren't covered by the current document?

Which models do you feel aren't covered by the current document?

The current document only lists:

• Minion Hamelin
    • Master Hamelin
  • Minion Misaki
    • Master Misaki
  • Candy the Petulant Youth
    • Candy
  • Nightmare Hanged
    • Montresor

And then specifically mentions the Avatars but doesn't clarify avatars for cross faction masters such as Simulacrum 29 and Zoraida.  My original post includes two models not listed: Drill Sergeant and Guard Captain, and what about things that were previously official ect.  I would assume they were legal but Candy is specifically listed so that makes me unsure.  I'm sure there are others from factions I don't play.

And then specifically mentions the Avatars but doesn't clarify avatars for cross faction masters such as Simulacrum 29 and Zoraida.  My original post includes two models not listed: Drill Sergeant and Guard Captain, and what about things that were previously official ect.  I would assume they were legal but Candy is specifically listed so that makes me unsure.  I'm sure there are others from factions I don't play.

A bit confused as Simulcrum 29 is listed in the example on the Gaining Grounds 2016 packet (page 3 side call out).

Here is the exact extract:

Any Avatar may be used as a proxy for one Emissary of Fate. The Avatar must be the same Faction as the Emissary of Fate to be a legal proxy, regardless of which model is leading the Crew. For example, Kirai may proxy Avatar Seamus as the Carrion Emissary, but a Guild Crew could not use Avatar Seamus as a proxy. Sim 29 counts as an Avatar for proxy purposes.

The Drill Sergeant should be listed as a legal proxy for Captain Dashel.

The legality of Puppet Wars models as proxies has always been a bit difficult to nail down. It took a long time to get it written into last editions FAQ.

I'm constantly confused by whether it's the old guard captain or the drill sergeant that is Dashel. Dashels new models is almost identical to the old captain but his weapon (listed on the card, not modelled) is that of the drill sergeant. I know this is because they renamed him during beta but a clarification would be great!