Kirai best trigger in the game!?

Fictor

Hi dudes!

Today I played my first time vs Kirai, and it hurts...

My oponent explain me the trigger, and now I come to contrast it because it's awesome...

Kirai with mask transfers the atack to a Seishin and when Seishin will be killed Kirai can take 1dmg to let the Seishin at 1 wd, that works like that!? It's crazy 6 atacks to a Sheishin dind't kill him... Only do 6 dmg on Kirai?! It can be a infinite loop and with a Nurse it's imposible kill!?

Yes, it can work just as you describe, if the Kirai player wants it to and has bought the upgrade and met the trigger requirements. 

You can get round it with ignoring triggers (Union Miner) Blast damage, posiitoning effects. If they have a nurse, then I strongly suggest eitehr letting them paralyse kirai, or killing the nurse first. 

The new Oni in Ripples of fate can stop it. If you land the attack so can the Students from the University of Transmortis. The thing you aren't mentioning is that Kirai's trigger isn't baked in, and she needs the mask to do it. Additionally she doesn't have as many wounds, and if  she is using the nurse to heal again, chances are then that's all she's doing, not dying. Don't get me wrong I do think on a big picture level Kirai is too strong, mainly because she can do everything and excels at several of her roles as well instead of being just ok at them. But I don't think her trigger is a cause of it. The Dreamer has a similar trigger, but his is baked in. Colette also has a get out of death free trigger, so even though Kirai's is good, no I don't personally agree it's the best trigger in the game.

If Kirai sent 6 attacks to a Seishin she must have used a lot of cards and SS to do it, take advantage of that.

Apart from the sources mentioned there is also :pulse effects (e.g. Explosive Demise) and conditions (Burning), both the trigger and Spirit Beacon only works against Attack Actions.

Yes, other masters like Colette or Collody have similar things, but they discard the marker or sacrifice the pupet, Kirai dont lost the Seishin, can use one Seishin vs all atacks

Thx for the advices, didn't plat before vs him, next time I'll go for another minis xD

Marcus can do a similar thing offensively. 

One thing I've found that is spectacular against Kirai is a kaeris list going full burning (kirai, firestarter, captain, child). Doesn't activate Ikyro, and doesn't cause damage for Kirai to pawn off. So long as she doesn't have condition removal handy, it's one of the most frustrating matchups for a Kirai player to face.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, decker_cky said:

and doesn't cause damage for Kirai to pawn off.

Kirai doesn't move damage, she moves attack actions. So except for things like Flare and Vent Boiler she can still move it to other spirits. Spirit Beacon can't save a burning Seishin though.

Also, doesn't everyone bring Chiaki for condition removal? :P 

As far as Chiaki goes, she can only remove one condition per AP, so if you mix in other conditions, such as slow (looking forward to Amina, anyone?) or poison (Arcanists' latest sub-theme I guess?) with burning, she has to start making some tough choices.

Even then, she only saves one model. You should be able to apply burning to numerous models every turn, seeing how most spirits and undead have weak Df stats, and most our actions for burning are Sh/Ca 6 or 7 to start with.

I like Decker's idea, thanks for sharing it. I think I'll bring out Kaeris when I'm facing Ressers next time. Relying on burning damage rather than damage flips is actually a pretty decent plan, even if Kirai doesn't show up; the entire faction you're against either has Incorporeal or Hard to Wound.

11 minutes ago, decker_cky said:

The thing to be aware of is that Kirai is really vulnerable to Belles, as she has flight, Wk6 and a tendency to leave burning on her crew.

I agree. Leaving Kaeris to activate later on in the turn is generally a good idea anyway, more so when Belles are about. Luckily, with GnD, the model need only care about where it is in relation to Kaeris when it starts to activate, not where it is at the end of the turn or the end of it's activation. 

I try not to apply burning to many of my own models past turn 1 or 2 anyway.