Painters Challenge 2016 - MAY

Vaiuri

This is the thread for MAY.  Please post an update with your completed APRIL pledge with the soulstone value and I will update the tracking sheet.

Feel free to use this thread to post WIP photos (if you so desire), get feedback, trade ideas and hobby tips as we forge a path through the darling month of May.

When you have completed your pledge, feel free to post it, but I'd like everyone to post at the start of JUNE with their completed pledge photo and stone value for MAY - this will make it a lot easier for me to keep track of where everyone is up to. You can also PM me with your completed pledge if you like, and I'll add it to our tracker.

If you see any errors in the tracker please let me know (again, PM is more likely to be spotted).

EDIT - added the updated tracker for Aprils pledges (updated 04/05/2016) - if I've missed anything please let me know via PM!

Malifaux_Painting_2016.xlsx

• Like 1

I have a question @Vaiuri. At the begining of April, I said I would paint Grimwell. In the end, I did not finish him. But, instead, I painted the steam trunk. How does this count? Am I OK with my duty and scored the 3 points of the steam trunk? Or am I in trouble and need to use one of my jokers? Anyway, sorry for my misbehavior :)

PC16_April_zps9lsq4nto.jpg

During April I painted:

Flesh Construct (made from The Carver) 6 SS

2x Onryo 10 SS

4x Praetorian

4x Wolverine LAV (with magnetized turrets)

2x Raven B light dropship

Phoenix Command Gunship

8x Starsprite drone

Close ups.

So 16 SS worth of Malifaux (and 484 points of DZC :) ).

Once I had decided it was time order a pile of new Malifaux I assembled and primed all the DZC I had in blisters before it arrived. I've since built a couple of my new Malifaux models but not based them so I'll continue with DZC before going back to Malifaux as I don't feel like painting Kirai just yet. So first out is Cato, Scimitars, Archangels and Falcons. Then Arcane Effigy, Angelica, Snowstorm and Silent Ones. If I manage that before May is over Carrion Effigy, Yin, Toshiro and Komainu are next.

• Like 3

In April I finished:

Toshiro- 9 ss

Ama no Zako- 9 ss

Oiran- 5 SS

IMG_20160501_151415.jpg

I had very much wanted to get some extra things done, but life had some different ideas. Hoping to get a good bit done for next month, as they're all cheap in SS value.

For March I pledge the following:

IMG_20160503_072827370.jpg

Got some Tengu, a super weasel, and my newest crutch, the TT Bros. Good luck and happy painting, everyone!

• Like 3

APRIL: Tara (15), Karina (5), Sue (8), bestia del vacío (10), 3x desdichados inconscientes (12), bestia nigromántica (10) = 60ss

abril%2Bfin.jpg

MAY: 2x shikome (16), Datsue-Ba (8), 2x pistoleros convictos (14), Yin the penangalan proxy (8) = 46ss

wip%2Bmayo.jpg

• Like 4

Here are all the models I painted in April:

painterschallenge_april_zpssqwtvxju.jpg

More pictures if you click on a name of the model. In total I painted 60 stones:

Barbaros 10ss

Mr Graves 8ss

Guild Lawyer 6ss

Hooded Rider 12ss

Candy 9ss

Pandora 15ss (that is the number for a master as far as I remember)

My plan for May looks like that (3x Drowned, 4x Black Blood Shamen, two are already assembled and basecoated): 

painters_challenge_may_zpsapu8egf9.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Franchute said:

I have a question @Vaiuri. At the begining of April, I said I would paint Grimwell. In the end, I did not finish him. But, instead, I painted the steam trunk. How does this count? Am I OK with my duty and scored the 3 points of the steam trunk? Or am I in trouble and need to use one of my jokers? Anyway, sorry for my misbehavior :)

Hey Franchute,  it's not a problem, you can paint whatever you like as long as it's within your pledge amount :)  I don't judge ;)

I dropped the ball in April and didn't paint anything :(  I vow to remidy this in May!

6 hours ago, Vaiuri said:

Hey Franchute,  it's not a problem, you can paint whatever you like as long as it's within your pledge amount :)  I don't judge ;)

I have another question. Can I announce now that I'll paint something I started before May 1st? I'm thinking about finishing Grimwell or a witchling stalker I started a while ago.

On 03/05/2016 at 3:07 PM, Franchute said:

You scored 3 for the trunk, not to fret!

And you can finish part painted models - this thread is about motivation and getting stuff finished, if that means we finish something thats been half done for months I count that as a victory!

• Like 4

I am reposting my April model finished now, as I was away from the computer for a week and posted in the April discussion before leaving.  Here is that same terrible photo of the copyphee duet.  It is 14 SS.

large.April2016_done_coryphee_duet.jpg

I have decided to stay in nightmare Mr. Cooper crew, and so will be working on Mercury this month.  And hopefully finishing up Mouse as well, as he was my tag-along extra model last month but I didn't touch him.  May is going to be much better hobby month any recent ones!

Cheers all.

large.May2016_Mercury_primed.jpg

Edited by prof_bycid
Added SS value.
  • Like 4

Chalk up a 2nd and final Mulligan for me :-fate:-fate:-fate

Got painted a Dark Carnival Lola and Avatar Nico, but forgot to post in the relevant threads.

Getting cracking again this week on my Master Program: Zoraida (15), Wong (15), Ma Tucket (15), and enough others to bring up 93 SS to get me back on track. Seems a lot but I have enough masters to make it from different factions if nothing else.

fdf169a2-a553-4535-aea7-9b7a42294364_zps

20160512_182306_zpslml9wzpu.jpg

20160512_181836_zpscdj0xnao.jpg

• Like 2

And to show Willing and Work :P in Progress.... base coats and the first attempts at adding depth with shading...

20160513_032501_zpsdnxnrx4s.jpg20160513_032515_zps8wnhjsjx.jpg

Suffice to say the camera has not been kind :P . But deservedly so. They look a bit rough even in the flesh, and this will only inspire me to carry on and finish to a much higher level then normal for me :) .

I put Wong on the barrel table and Zoraida on a 'yellow brick road' as a way of adding some slight difference to my other Gremlin Masters (Somer - swamp/ Ophelia - Jetties) and crews while retaining the folksey theme. Wong also I felt could use some height as he is hunched and otherwise you cant really see his face. The damage to the plaster table I am planning to paint up as a scorched and still hot hole blasted by his own wayward magics :P

*Apologies for the double post... just wanted a clear delineation with the before and after and my time zone is a bit opposite to most on here :)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, D_Arquebus said:

Chalk up a 2nd and final Mulligan for me :-fate:-fate:-fate

Got painted a Dark Carnival Lola and Avatar Nico, but forgot to post in the relevant threads.

Getting cracking again this week on my Master Program: Zoraida (15), Wong (15), Ma Tucket (15), and enough others to bring up 93 SS to get me back on track. Seems a lot but I have enough masters to make it from different factions if nothing else.

If you just forgot to post, I won't take a mulligan off you :)  Post them now and we'll call it a done deal! Dont forget to tell me how many stones total you did ;)

So, May has started off terribly.....

Started painting some models for May, then realised I'd forgottten to take a photo of the basecoated ones.

Then took a pic, and realised just now that I've forgotten to post it!

large.20160512_170522.jpg

So this is my WIP for May - 2x December Acolytes (so 14SS)

Well this is coming in a week or two late (it's been a busy month :( ) but here's what I completed for APRIL

2016-04-15%2021.22.18_zpsmkcmii4u.jpg

6 - Bunraku (Proxied w. Puppet Vik)
4 - Shadow Emissary
9 - Jorogumo (Proxied w. Converted Teddy)
21 - 3x Punk Zombies (Proxied w. their Puppet Versions)
8 - Bete Noir (proxied with her Puppet Version)

TOTAL: 48 SS

Basing the Jorogumo the lazy way (because he's eventually going to my Neverborn one the official Joro's are out) put me in a mood, so I did up some puppets too in anticipation of eventually doing a Puppet Seamus crew. :) I costed the models at their Wyrd-equivalent, which I assume is okay. ;)

Here's some more pics;

2016-04-12%2021.27.22_zpsnruakelp.jpg

2016-04-12%2021.25.24_zpspxxr8siv.jpg

2016-04-12%2021.26.27_zpsexcjbphf.jpg

---

Anyway, I'm making respectable progress for May. Here's what I've got on my painting desk;

20160510_101948_zpsdok9pq9t.jpg

So Genbu, Kamaitachi, 3x Fermented River Monks, a converted Yan Lo and a Desperate Merc Proxy (actually a TTB character, but that's the closest approximation!). So basically I'm looking at finishing off my 10-T Faction this month (minus Fuhatsu, because he's really no good). After that I can hopefully clear some of the backlog on the Factions I'm not currently playing!

• Like 2

Oh stupid me, totally forgotten about this challenge. I have to take a mulligan for March and maybe for April if those guys don't count anymore since I'am very late with my posting. Nevertheless my miniatures for April:

Gunslinger_1.jpg.cdf7e3ecef66fc5cf4f73cb

Gunslinger_2.jpg.a7a9ded477990ba1f15990f

2 Convict Gunslingers = 14 SS

And here is my first miniature for May:

57291154926b6_StudentofConflict.jpg.f544

Student of Conflict = 4 SS

• Like 4