UK Nationals 2016 - 12-13 November

OldManMyke

3 Questions:

1) How will the reserve list work? Will the players (especially international ones) know if they have a spot?

2) To get best painted do you have to paint the miniatures yourself or commision paint jobs are entitled too?

3) I assume schemes are predefined? When do you think we will know them?

Cheers!

35 minutes ago, trikk said:

3 Questions:

1) How will the reserve list work? Will the players (especially international ones) know if they have a spot?

2) To get best painted do you have to paint the miniatures yourself or commision paint jobs are entitled too?

3) I assume schemes are predefined? When do you think we will know them?

Cheers!

I'm sure Mike will answer shortly, but based on previous years

1 The reserve list has been a 1 out 1 in system. The last couple of years Nationals has had a resevre list, and at least 20 people from the list have made it as people drop out. But you may not know until a week or so before hand. 

3 The strategies and schemes and deployment are likely to be given out once you arrive at your table for the round. No advance knowledge for anyone. 

Basically what Adran said, its 1 in 1 out on reserves.  P

You have to have painted your own models to enter

On strats and schemes I run a system where you are given the strats and schemes at the beginning of each round.  There is then a 10 minute period to pick your crew and get the game underway.  So nobody has pre knowledge and no planning overnight.  I ran it this way last year and it worked very well.  There were definite concerns from the players before the event happened that it would cause issues but I had nothing but good feedback on it, hence keeping it for this year.

• Like 1