Plastic Base Inserts coming ?

Last weekend WarmasterOJB showed me the War Wabbit Sprue and there I saw that it has a base insert made of plastic.

Wyrd ! Please tell me this was a test run und you bring us a whole line of those ?

Cobblestone, woodplanks, dungeonfloor, desert ground etc.

This would be so awesome !

LOOK AT IT 
CcnIgHV.jpg

Thanks to GMorts Chaotica for the picture  :D

• 3 weeks later...

Have you seen CMoN's Base kickstarter with micro art studio? Those bases are amazing and quite easily the best system ive seen so far...

They are PVC though I believe so I'd imagine all you pewpyheads who hate drilling two small holes will still have gripes about them. >8)

Supported that. Eagerly awaiting shipment.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have always thought Wyrd should do plastic inserts, now that we have all plastic models. Metal on metal needed much more work that gluing plastic to plastic. For those of us that don't want to pin and put any extra work into a model and its bases. But I think that is only there because of the model itself. Much like only 2 of the old metals came with their own base inserts.  

Honestly, we've worked on a few things for a bit now and it always comes down to offering something interesting and nice, and then how many pieces it ends up having to be cut into in order to account for undercuts and the like. It's been a huuuuge irritation for me on many levels and thus I pulled them at one point Seriously, six or eight pieces for a 30mm base ... a very very nice base mind you, but no - and the only option to not having it that many pieces is a slide core mold which equates to a fair bit more in costs, again, no. 

That being said, got something else we're working on. I think it's going to be fun and come out well, but I need to see the prototypes first before we put anything else out about it. If it works out though ..

:)

• Like 3