Question: Regarding Jacob Lynch upgrades...

Dinesen

Hello

When using the Web or App-crewbuilder for Jacob Lynch, he is unable in both factions, to take "The Rising Sun" and "Endless Hunger" at the same time. Is this a simple App/web bug or did I miss something??

The cards both says "Jacob limited".

Anyone?

I always go endless hunger. Guaranteed 50% extra ap per turn while he's alive is much better than the possibility of bringing him back once he is dead in my opinion. The better terrifying is a bonus.

How I view it is you get 1 extra CA ap when he's alive. But with Rising Sun, you get full AP's once he gets back after he dies. And he usually does die. :P 

There is the counter, that when ever I have the rising sun upgrade, I don't ever seem to get Huggy killed, so it seems pointless (but thats because I can't quantify how many times he isn't being attacked because its not worth killing him).

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm with zFiend. :D

I always go for Rising Sun, typically throwing Fears Given Form on Huggy and sending him into the opponent's face. With Lynch, I can guarantee if Huggy dies that he'll be back the same turn every time (even if I have to "soften up" a target for some unknown reason before I activate Lynch to move in and finish them off, ensuring Huggy returns). If Lynch is already in position (6" range maximum for all abilities) and I have at least 4 cards with at least one ace, then I can usually pull off a minimum of 6 damage to a target, but that can reach upwards of 15+ in a turn depending on what and how many cards I have in hand and how many Aces I have. 

Also, keep in mind that Rising Sun Huggy doesn't die, but buries (thus retaining his upgrades). this helps immensely in strats like Reckoning, Headhunter, and Collect the bounty, as well as schemes like Murder Protege and Bodyguard, and occasionally Entourage too.

TL:DR - You can't kill a crack addict! :P

I am also in the endless hunger camp. However I think it's a good sign from a balance perspective that we are so split.

Essentially it's a play style preference over an "upgrade x is more powerful than upgrade y". All reasons to love this game even more!!

• Like 1

No not really. More of a playstyle question. As it seems to me at least we are half and half on exclusively playing the other upgrade.

I think Strategy / Schemes / Opponent's Faction Pool may have stronger influence than playstyle on the upgrades. So I said "Simply". 

I think Strategy / Schemes / Opponent's Faction Pool may have stronger influence than playstyle on the upgrades. So I said "Simply".

Well no not really, I play rising sun regardless of those simply because I favour it more.

No not really. More of a playstyle question. As it seems to me at least we are half and half on exclusively playing the other upgrade.

I find it definitely to be a playstyle preference. I play Lynch (In 10 Ts) primarily as an assassin with Rising Sun, woke up with a hand, and wanna see a trick, every game regardless of schemes and strats. I know other players favor upgrades like expert cheater, but the combo of the three upgrades makes it so Huggy becomes a disposable melee bomb. It's not even an "if" or "when" will Huggy come back, but just kind of an assurance that Lynch will activate, nuke 1-2 models to dust, usually towards the end of the turn, and huggy will pop out again. I know this style differs from other play preferences and there are a lot of ways to run this crew in the two different factions, but this is just my preferred method, and it works so long as Lynch is supported and not left on his own.  

• Like 1