Mexican Standoff: Guild vs Resurrectionists

Dirial

I am glad to be able to report another win for the Resser cause!  Played 35SS Henchmen Headhunter game again with another friend who is practising for a tournament.  I took the same horrible lot as yesterday (Sybelle, 2 x Belles, Yin and Jaakuna) but swapped out the two Necropunks for a Punk Zombie and Graveyard Spirit as I opted only for killing schemes (Assassinate and Murder Protoge against a Gremlin Warpig).  First turn I lured Burt Jebsen to his death (his Blasts made me nervous) and second turn the Pig got it to score me 3VPs for MP though my opponent also scored for it this turn when Francois killed Yin (being able to give himself positive flips plus Reckless is gross and makes him hella fast!).  My opponent also took ALiTS and got a lot of markers down in the first turn by going Drunk and Reckless with Bayou Gremlins but I killed them off quickly and spent the rest of the turns picking them back up so he could only score 1VP from it.  I failed to Assassinate but max scored for HH to end with a 7-6 victory.

• Like 2

So McMourning went against Nicodem in sheer terror of Hanged's floating around (and they did). Didn't get to summon all that much this game, only 3 Fleshies came knocking about. My opponent summoned 2 Hanged's, Fleshie and I think that was actually it. He mainly used Nico to hand out fast to Rogue Necro and Sybelle (which was quite brutal) and to give out Undead Crowning. 

It was a pretty brutal game of Turf war with Breakthrough, Plant Evidence, Outlflank and Bodyguard. I took Plant Evidence and announced Breakthrough. My opponent took Plant Evidence and Bodyguard on Chiaki, too bad she got turned into a Fleshie. Sybelle utterly devastated my poor Fleshies and Sebastian through Complying them to attack each other, mainly Fleshies beating on Sebastian. There were some Red Jokers on damage etc. 

I got 3 for Breakthrough (my undying autopsy made it once again! With only 1wd). 2 for Plant Evidence, Chiaki got away and 4 for Turf War. My opponent got 4 for Turf War and 2 for Plant Evidence.

McMourning got prison showered by a Hanged, took him down from 14 wounds to 3 wounds in one activation they're that okay ffs. 

Game ended with Nicodem, Graveyard Spirit and Sybelle alive on the opposing side and McMourning, Guild Autopsy, Sebastian, Rafkin, Fleshie and a Nurse alive on my side. 

It was a brutal war. And I rarely condone on Rezzer on Rezzer violence, but it had to be done. :P 

• Like 1

I'm disappointed to report that my last two wins are in vain as I lost 7-2 on Squatters Rights today against Pandora.  I really dislike Pandora anyway but this might be the least enjoyable game of Malifaux I've ever played.  The game basically consisted of Pandora making things Insignificant or Paralyzing them (notably she Paralysed Seamus once and Bishop twice).  Primordial Magic also handed out Significant whilst Tuco stopped me doing things when I wanted as well.  Wasn't helped at all by cards either as I seemed unable to flip anything decent at any point and through turns 1-4 I had the Red Joker in my hand once but other than that I didn't see anything higher than a 10 (despite stoning for cards three times).

I'm disappointed to report that my last two wins are in vain as I lost 7-2 on Squatters Rights today against Pandora.  I really dislike Pandora anyway but this might be the least enjoyable game of Malifaux I've ever played.  The game basically consisted of Pandora making things Insignificant or Paralyzing them (notably she Paralysed Seamus once and Bishop twice).  Primordial Magic also handed out Significant whilst Tuco stopped me doing things when I wanted as well.  Wasn't helped at all by cards either as I seemed unable to flip anything decent at any point and through turns 1-4 I had the Red Joker in my hand once but other than that I didn't see anything higher than a 10 (despite stoning for cards three times).

Ouch. That sounds brutal. 

Ouch. That sounds brutal. 

Yeah, it was a wanting to sell all my stuff and pack in Malifaux moment!  Not helped by the fact I've got toothache and I'm exhausted too (bloody insomnia (though at least I got some marking done at 6am this morning!)).  I'll chill out a bit and get over it.  I play the same opponent a lot and we're good mates.  Our games are usually challenging but rarely unenjoyable.  Just a bad day at the office!  I love Malifaux really, even when I lose!

Not only is it an upside... it's THE upside. ;)

but yeah, totally been there. had a few games like that agains good ole 1.5 Hamlin. Back before people had worked out how to counter him. lol

I think the most infuriating game I've played though is after months and months of rough games against Pandora... I decided to try her out... I lost in such a miserable and horrifying way.... lol

• Like 1

Not only is it an upside... it's THE upside. ;)

but yeah, totally been there. had a few games like that agains good ole 1.5 Hamlin. Back before people had worked out how to counter him. lol

I think the most infuriating game I've played though is after months and months of rough games against Pandora... I decided to try her out... I lost in such a miserable and horrifying way.... lol

I'm yet to work out an effective way to counter to her!  I've managed some victories against her though I lose more than I win.  I mainly win when I just let her do what the hell she wants.  But usually you can counter some of it!  Not this time!

I also learnt the Performer's have a nasty Ml attack as well as their other shenanigans!

admittedly, I have not played against her in 2.0. all my horror stories for her are back in 1.5 when everyone on the planet was running pandy filth lists, right around/after the big dreamer Cuddle. (I think it was)

nowdays I end up squaring off against Outcasts more than anything. although my brother is out of the navy now, so he is getting back in to malifaux... unfortunately he must hang around with you guys or something cause he has his eyes set on Molly. :P

More Guild for me.

More on topic:

I'm thinking of trying out Sonnia for the first time this evening. should be exciting!

Expect a report tomorrow!

EDIT: did they really edit Cuddle with cuddle? what if I wanted to talk about the new Cuddle gun I bought? Cuddle gun just sounds so...... so dirty....

EDIT to the EDIT... they totally did! XD

EDIT: did they really edit Cuddle with cuddle? what if I wanted to talk about the new Cuddle gun I bought? Cuddle gun just sounds so...... so dirty....

EDIT to the EDIT... they totally did! XD

I believe penguin* has also been put on the list of words that got cuddled**

*cl0wn

**n e r f e d

• Like 1