Colette - Combo models

AndyP.

Thanks for the Writeup! I always enjoy reading the reports. Make me think of better ways to play or answer things. Or glean secrets from those that are more successful than me. :P Also interesting to see that there was a lo variation between the Ramos and Colette lists.

Gunsmiths do look like good Prompt targets for me. 

Thanks for the write up, it was an interesting read. It seems your Colette is a fan of Miss Step and Johana ;)

Well who isn't a fan of them. (Me, when I'm looking at them from the other side of the table. But I disgress)

• Like 1

Glad you liked my writeup Praetordragoon!

I agree. December acolytes are better prompt targets, in fact one of the best prompt targets there are in my opinion. I would've used an acolyte in the tournament but I felt I needed condition removal so I spent those 7ss on Johana instead. But I wouldn't say gunsmiths are bad prompt targets. Just that I think the acolytes are better for Colette. It's crazy prompting around a shooter with that damage track that also hands out slow and drains your opponent's hand while you replenish your own with surge. Then again I think December Acolytes are perhaps a stone too cheap for what they do :P

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody!

Many thanks to all of you for suggests and opinions.

I played some games with Colette in this period.

I really love her more and more again.

I found just some little problems with her I'm going to report to you:

1 - Turf War Strategy: I really don't know why I have so much problems with this strategy.

I tried to deploy Howard Langston, Johanna, Coryphée Duet, Joss...nothing change.

My hitters have too much problem against Melee Skilled Masters.

2 - I tend to avoid schemes like Make them Suffer, Bodyguard (now I'm trying to use it with Hannah) and Murder Protege.

3 - I have really lot of problem with Hans. His ability to remove Upgrades is annoying.

Do you have suggests or advice for me to solve this problem?

I haven't an alternative master for Arcanists yet.

Do you have any advice on this for me?

Many thanks in advance for support.

Cheers!! :)

1. In Turf War, are you taking those models one at a time in different crews or doubling-up? I would consider Howard Langston and Johanna (or Howard and Joss) plenty of hitting power in my crew, although one of them by themselves is not enough for Turf War. Against an enemy melee crew you can bait the enemy to come out of the 6" bubble and attack you. You can then Prompt your models into the 6" bubble to score, using the initial 2" Push to leave melee (there are other ways for Colette to move her models around, of course). Try Soulstone Miners. They can pop up behind the enemy and draw some melee units away, and they are hitty enough that the enemy cannot ignore them.

2. Make Them Suffer & Murder Protege definitely do not play to Colette's Marker-based strengths (not to say they are impossible with her). Unless you are going stabby-elite with her crew, there are usually better Scheme options. Bodyguard on Mech Rider is a bit of a cliche for Arcanists, but only because it is so effective.

3. Hans not Focusing is much less worrisome, and he can't Focus if he wants to remove Upgrades (unless something else is letting him take a Focus Action) so cover is going to ruin his shooting. He can ignore Hank's Steam Cloud, but not regular Soft or Hard Cover. Another alternative is throw a backfield disruption piece at him - Raptor or Soulstone Miners are both ideal to tie him up in melee and he cannot Push out like many snipers can and has no melee attacks to fight back with!

For turf war you could try a lovely team consisting of Joss with bleeding edge tech, backed up by a couple of metal gamins and Johana. That team is difficult to budge! Also consider a silent one for even more healing and shooting into combat.

Bodyguard is really easy with Cassandra, playing very carefully, picking off enemy scheme runners but avoiding scary opponents. Murder Protege shouldnt be difficult with a prompted Howard. Colette's not just about markers. She can make some terrifying killing machines.

For turf war you could try a lovely team consisting of Joss with bleeding edge tech, backed up by a couple of metal gamins and Johana. That team is difficult to budge! Also consider a silent one for even more healing and shooting into combat.

Mech Rider is also pretty funny in Turf War since Metal Gamin always take at least actions to remove (well, unless the opponent obeys Joss to hit them or something).

Colette's not just about markers. She can make some terrifying killing machines.

She is, in fact, Sybarite's choice for Reckoning (since Reckoning favors very heavy models and Colette can get extra Actions out of them)! ;)
  • Like 1

Mech Rider is also pretty funny in Turf War since Metal Gamin always take at least actions to remove (well, unless the opponent obeys Joss to hit them or something).

She is, in fact, Sybarite's choice for Reckoning (since Reckoning favors very heavy models and Colette can get extra Actions out of them)! ;)

Yes I agree, Mech Rider is certainly a good model for turf war :) Makes a good team with Joss with bleeding edge tech for example, who can heal her little creations and tank the turf war marker with them while chopping people up.

Haha yes she is my choice for reckoning :) Although I certainly don't mind Mei in that strategy either. But Colette's really good at it, and makes the scheme hunting in reckoning a lot easier too.

So, how many attacks from Killjoy can we get in a single turn? If we give Killjoy and Colette imbued energies, and go for best case scenario that makes:

Killjoy activates, discard Imbued energies, charges as a (1) for 2 attacks, gets onslaught on both, smacks 2 more times for 2 more onslaughts total of 8,

Colette activates, discards imbued energies, prompts Killjoy 4 times for 4 attacks, gets onslaught 4 times for another total of 8,

Cassy activates, copies prompt, Killjoy gets another attack and onslaughts for 2 more attacks.

Lets assume you Final act killjoy, so he reactivates, charges as a (1) again, gets 2 attacks, 2 onslaughts, hits again for another attack and onslaught, 6 more attacks.

So absolute best case scenario, Killjoy gets 24 attacks in one turn, thats 96 to 144 damage, not including red jokers. This is also with just Colette, Killjoy and Cassy. Ouch.

So, how many attacks from Killjoy can we get in a single turn? If we give Killjoy and Colette imbued energies, and go for best case scenario that makes:

Killjoy activates, discard Imbued energies, charges as a (1) for 2 attacks, gets onslaught on both, smacks 2 more times for 2 more onslaughts total of 8,

Colette activates, discards imbued energies, prompts Killjoy 4 times for 4 attacks, gets onslaught 4 times for another total of 8,

Cassy activates, copies prompt, Killjoy gets another attack and onslaughts for 2 more attacks.

Lets assume you Final act killjoy, so he reactivates, charges as a (1) again, gets 2 attacks, 2 onslaughts, hits again for another attack and onslaught, 6 more attacks.

So absolute best case scenario, Killjoy gets 24 attacks in one turn, thats 96 to 144 damage, not including red jokers. This is also with just Colette, Killjoy and Cassy. Ouch.

*drools*

There are only 14 Masks in the deck, and some of them won't hit, so I'd say that is a pretty unrealistic scenario. :D

Had to go ruin it by bringing reality into the equation didn't you! 

There are only 14 Masks in the deck, and some of them won't hit, so I'd say that is a pretty unrealistic scenario. :D

I did say best case scenario. :P

Also, forgot about the Malifaux child, another two prompts? Killjoy could probably clear the board of every other model.

Edit: Also, I forgot Killjoys severe damage is 7, so thats 112 to 196 damage in total with the child prompting him.

I think by that time Killjoy will have started hitting your own crew!

I played Killjoy with Colette quite a bit back in 1st edition (my Killjoy model has a top hat), but only once so far in M2E. Took him against Misaki, and had him pop out a Dove after Misaki had activated. He ate her and then started on Ototo. He was just as brutal as you might imagine. My opponent was not very experienced so I took the foot off the pedal and stopped Prompting the big guy :)