Hard to get models.

Hi folks

completely new to the game, and ive come across a few issues finding models im after (ive managed to pick up a few recently such as the witchling handler and original LJ crew plus LJ alterntive)

but do we have a list of hard to get models? ones i should keep an eye out for on my travels?

cheers  

The-Exorcist

• Like 5

Welcome to this side of the breach!

To answer your question, Wyrd has discontinued their entire metal model range, so if you come across an old metal one that you may need, grab it!  All the new plastics seem to have relatively stable stock, though there are a few crew boxes that can be difficult to get sometimes (Hired Swords and Lady J's off the top of my head).

• Like 6

Widow Weaver, Coryphee, Mechanical Rider etc tend to be the rarest finds. I saw a single blister of Coryphee go for around £50 on eBay the other day. Pick them up and sell them off. You won't be disappointed! 

You in the U.S.?   I managed a snowstorm, but there is a guy in my group still looking for one.   If you find a Silent One I am definitely interested.

A guy at my local club offered me a Silent One last night, I declined as I have no intention of playing Rapsy any time soon. Perhaps I should have taken it off their hands if they are in high demand. 

• Like 1

Generally the hardest to find models are those that don't yet have a replacement in plastic, so everyone needs the metal versions and they disappear alarmingly quickly. I've been looking for a Witchling Handler since before Christmas but have had no luck so far so I'm very jealous of your find!

A guy at my local club offered me a Silent One last night, I declined as I have no intention of playing Rapsy any time soon. Perhaps I should have taken it off their hands if they are in high demand.

All Arcanist Masters love Silent Ones. Marcus and Ramos might not use them in every list but for others they should be a serious consideration for an auto-include.

I bet any money 'spirit games' in Burton on Trent has got some metals left over, but been a while since I was last in. They have got an Alladins cave full of old OOP models from almost any system you can name from the last 30 or so years.

I aint going to try and link anything from their online store though, as its not a user friendly webpage, but I'd recommend anyone interested in this thread to google search their web page and try and hunt around in their web store.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so here's a question for folks, I'm just getting back into the game (haven't played since the game first came out)  as it has seen a revival in my area, now I see Nathan every year at GenCon pick up what's new and the LE stuff as well. So I'm bulking up my Victoria crew and I have Miss Demeanor that I picked up one year at GenCon.

My question is she doesn't have a card in the 2e decks so do I use the card that came with her? I'm assuming I do unless Wyrd has updated these and they are available somewhere. Anyone have an thoughts suggestions? Thanks. 

Package say's convict gunslinger but she has different abilities than the ones in 2e. For instance she has Lifer, Gunfighter, Faster' n you, and Suppressing Fire, so the question still stands would I use the card that was in the package as she is different than the standard Convict. :)

These are most likely the abilities she had during v1.5 (The stat card is different) In M2E she is just a standard Convict, without any special rules.