Lucius Neverborn Crew, ideas?

default_108

He comes with lawyers which can give you positive to the terror tests.
take either models with regeneration or models which can be resummoned to good use of devils deal so that way your not so card dependent.
I.e widow weaver and wicked dolls or badjuju/teddy/illuminated due to regeneration.

For melee beat sticks the Nephilim are a great choice and with Lucius' mechanics I can imagine a black blood shaman coming in really handy fro growing Nephilim if you wanted to.
This could make an interesting crew actually depending on how many hp terror tots have (I don't play nephilim) as you could have a small swarm around Lucius getting positive flips, he could also devils deal them to get suits and then simply evolve them into young with the shaman to regen the wounds.
just an idea.

Otherwise a mix of Pandora and Lynch's crew tends to work with Lucius but I'm seriously considering trying insidious madness and the widow weaver with lawyers and dolls, not sure how that'll go down.

Lucius, surprisingly loyal

the scribe.

2xriflemen plus dashel

Teddy for good beatstickery

Tot

doppleganger

Young neph

Gives you great ranged support potentially boosts tots even more than they do themselves and the young gets more attacks/mobility. Obviously it will differ from schemes and strats i think the big thing is not to shackle yourself trying to shoehorn minions in where enforcers can do a job better on the other hand a couple of illuminated would probably be awesome for him.

• Like 1

My tipical roster includes:

Neverborn Crew - 50 - Scrap

Lucius -- 6 Pool

+Fears Given Form [1]

+Secret Assets [2]

+Suprisingly Loyal [1]

Primordial Magic [2]

Beckoner [7]

Guild austringer [6]

Guild Rifleman [5]

Guild Rifleman [5]

Guild Rifleman [5]

The Illuminated [7]

The Illuminated [7]

Sometimes I change the austringer and the totem and I recruit dashel, mr graves, a doplegganger or maybe guild guards. I find those upgrades the more usefull for my play-style.

I have mostly played him in guild so take my ideas with a grain of salt. First off, get a lawyer. Have tried playing without one and it was horrible.

I haven't tried it yet but I am looking forward to playing him with a swampfiend crew using a few waldgeists with from the shadows and juju. Not sure for which strat that would be best but seems generally annoying. The waldgeist would be less exposed than usual since lucius brings the rest of your crew up nice and quick on turn 1 to support them. You can even have Juju a lot further up before his activation by luring with a beckoner or trading places with lucius.

He also seems to work good with nephilim to me. Walk a young neph twice and focus it to get within range to do a focused "(2) Feast" which has a ridiculous damage track and heals them but is hard to get to use to full effect normally. Beckoners can lure enemies close to your tots for pounce if you are trying to grow. Also consider that lucius can get the neph that really need a kill to make two extra attacks (possibly with + to hit). Tots get even more insane as scheme runners when you can give them an extra sprint with a free interact at the end. 

My tipical roster includes:

Neverborn Crew - 50 - Scrap

Lucius -- 6 Pool

+Fears Given Form [1]

+Secret Assets [2]

+Suprisingly Loyal [1]

Primordial Magic [2]

Beckoner [7]

Guild austringer [6]

Guild Rifleman [5]

Guild Rifleman [5]

Guild Rifleman [5]

The Illuminated [7]

The Illuminated [7]

Sometimes I change the austringer and the totem and I recruit dashel, mr graves, a doplegganger or maybe guild guards. I find those upgrades the more usefull for my play-style.

Do you find Fears given form a good deal on Lucius?  I like the upgrade with some other NM models (Candy, Huggy, Nekima), but Lucius isn't my choice for holding up a bunch of weaker models, and for one big model it is to easy to cheat over without major effect.

Do you find Fears given form a good deal on Lucius?  I like the upgrade with some other NM models (Candy, Huggy, Nekima), but Lucius isn't my choice for holding up a bunch of weaker models, and for one big model it is to easy to cheat over without major effect.

I think that I missed the name, the upgrade that I often play is "On wings of drakness" that let him fly and draw 3 cards when he spends a ss.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say that Illuminated are pretty huge for his play style, being strong and versatile minions.

If taking advantage of Guild options, more likely than not, it's for Dashel and some riflemen and/or lawyers.

Doppelgangers are nice, but I'm starting to feel like they don't offer anything amazing, particularly since Lucius doesn't run very much in the way of heavyweights and changelings are on the horizon, which get the minion buffs.

Now that I've started to learn him, I expect Wings of Darkness will be welcome whenever possible, since he is so suit-hungry.

Just piling onto the bandwagon here, don't mind me.

Illuminated are awesome with him, as are Depleted (as Devil's Deal targets). Wings of Darkness is a great upgrade for him for all the obvious reasons.

I almost always run Surprisingly Loyal in Neverborn (I skip it in Guild) because Lucius really loves his Riflemen and Lawyers - and Austringers are some of the best models in the game. I would probably never run him without a Lawyer.

• Like 2

Finally picked Lucius up and am looking forward to getting him on the table. I'm tempted to just swap him into one of my standard Lynch crews. I think that between Illuminated/Beckoners/Stitched/Depleted I wouldn't really need to look much farther for a powerful and versatile crew for most situations.

Then again, just about any master does well with that crew - it is an absolute wrecking ball. :)

Ok, after getting blown off the table by a Sonnia crew last night (well, really it was mostly just Sonnia) I've decided to run a gunline Lucius crew for a while. Either I will confirm my suspicion that on most tables shooting crews hold a big advantage or I will see how other people handle high firepower crews. Subject to tweaks for scheme and strategy my baseline crew is going to be:

Lucius [5 stones]

Wings of Darkness [1]

Surprisingly Loyal [1]

Legalese [1]

Primordial Magic [2]

Captain Dashel [9]

3x Guild Riflemen [15]

Stitched Together [6]

Illuminated [7]

Doppelganger [7]

The stitched together babysits the riflemen/Dashel firebase, giving them cover with creepy fog and acting as a deterrent to other threats with the prospect of a zillion gamble your life attempts. I took all three riflemen because you are paying 9 points for Dashel whether you take 1 or 3 so you might as well get the maximum use out of him you can. (0) to focus on a model without a normal (0) action is crazy good even before you add in all of the benefits riflemen get from focus.

Illuminated is a good target for devil's deal and also a nice melee damage dealer. Doppelganger is her usual swiss army self. With the Primordial and a stone for cards Lucius will be drawing 10 to get 6, and there is the potential to get more from the stitched.

I don't think there are too many scheme/strat pools that this crew would be incapable of taking on. After a couple of turns of shooting the firebase can break up and drop markers if need be, especially with Lucius lending them AP. 

• Like 1

My favourite NB build for him so far is:

Lucius, Surprisingly Loyal, Legalese, On Wings of Darkness

Nekima

Doppelganger

Illuminated

Lawyer

Austringer

Austringer

Primordial Magic

Good at range and in melee and surprisingly flexible. Want to try swapping Nekima out for the Hooded Rider at some point too.