Need a Proxy for Ryle

Vermicious Knid

So I thought I would convert a proxy model to use as Ryle until his real plastic comes out at some point. Just as an aside, I get that this would not be a tournament legal option -I just thought it would be a fun project for now.

I have the gatling gun and steam fist all lined up for converting - basically I just need a burly, muscular looking undead model to use as a base. My initial thought was the Brute Thrall from Privateer Press, but he's a tad TOO huge. Can anyone think of an alternative?

Yeah that's not too shabby really. Just cut off the loudspeaker (leaving the backpack cause it's cool!) and add a gatling gun, and he should work great. I was kinda hoping for something that was out already, but can't have everything I suppose

He's an "ogre zombie" apparently. Do we know how big he is?

Yeah that's not too shabby really. Just cut off the loudspeaker (leaving the backpack cause it's cool!) and add a gatling gun, and he should work great. I was kinda hoping for something that was out already, but can't have everything I suppose

The Wolsung Ogres are a bit bigger than big humans. I think he should be perfect size for Ryle.

This is an Ogre on a 30mm base:

http://shop.microartstudio.com/images/Wolsung_Miniatures/W00036_Wolsung_OgreBruiser_02.jpg

If you twisted the loud-speaker the other way around you could call it an exhaust pipe.

I'd be more tempted to go I for these from warmachines cephalyxcephalyx_heavy_kit.jpg

Big enough to justify ryles size

They are awesome models and I almost went that way myself but there were two issues. First there was the cost and second, they bare,y fit on the 50mm base they come with. They would never fit on the 40mm base that Ryle must be mounted on.

Do we have artwork or a render for the new Ryle model? I love everything about the guy, but I think his metal sculpt is atrocious and I would love to have something to look forward to...

I can't look it up for ya as I am using my mobile phone and I am supposed to do something else than this for sure.

But check out Gmort's blog about Gencon. It's there.