Name your five!

Clement

1. Necropunks - make it into most of my lists. Leap with the suit built in is golden, easy to hit but hard to put down due to reattach, they punch like a wet paper bag but that's now what they're brought for, right? To me the have the edge over crooligans as pure scheme runners as the little buggers are so hard to pin down and once they get free they're pretty tough to catch up with.

2. Nurses - the ultimate support piece, makes use of those low cards for the suits and a buff / de-buff for every occasion.

3. Belles - what more needs to be said about belles, they're also tough and undress can be very useful as aa alternative to lure.

4. Fresh Constructs - i useusally need models to hold ground and there isn't much better at it than these meat bags. Can be vulnerable to obeys and the like but for 6 stones they can cause a lot of problems for people.

5 is difficult, the list lacks a hitter but if I need one I usually go for a merc to do the job. For me it's a toss up between chiaki, dead rider, crooligans, izamu, bette noire or Mortimer.

While the others all have their merits I think no 5 is....

5. Mortimer - tough, high melee, can add some movement to things and chatty. Well, let's face it, basically chatty is the reason you bring him

5. Mortimer - tough, high melee, can add some movement to things and chatty. Well, let's face it, basically chatty is the reason you bring him

The only reason I bring him along is for Corpse Bloat + Regen and Find a Bone... all those delicious corpses!  :P In my eye EVERYTHING else is an added bonus although he swings that shovel like a Pro!

Ressers are my main crew but I'm pretty new to the game and haven't run all my Masters yet.  I've probably got about 30 games under my belt though and would say that the following are probably my top five at the moment:

1.  Belles - the obvious one but with pretty slow crews and little ranged it's vital to be able to pull people towards you.  Also great for getting your own stuff out of trouble (I feel like I want to try Dead Doxies more though, so far the only time I've got them out is when Seamus summons them).

2.  Necropunks - these guys are great.  I've been playing Pandora a lot recently which really sucks for these dudes as all the Misery usually means their HtK/HtW/Reattach combo gets little use which is a pita!

3.  Nurses - I feel I could use these gals more effectively and want to play more with them but they have so much utility and tend to get overlooked as they're rarely putting out damage.

4.  Bete Noir - only recently got her and put her on the table but she's played well every time.  Having to hold a card back for her can be a pain (I think more so with summoning heavy Masters but then it's not so bad if she dies)

5.  Toshiro - hard last choice but I felt I should throw a Hench in.  I've recently discovered the love for Punk Zombies and when combined with this guy they are just killing machines.  His ability to summon also makes him extra useful along with the fact he's hard to take down and hits hard.  What a guy!

The Iron Zombies are good but they are so situational and often get targeted quickly because people know what they are capable of.  I did manage to take out a Rail Golem in one activation with the Student of Steel which was a lot of fun!  I feel that these will get more time once I start using Nicodem when I can summon them to suit.

I'm also a fan of Hanged having started using them recently and I nice little Terrifying bubble with Seamus and Sybelle is horrible.  But I feel these guys SS cost will be hard to justify once my opponents have got used to dealing with them.  Another one that I think will benefit from summoning once I've started using summons more.

The Iron Zombies are good but they are so situational and often get targeted quickly because people know what they are capable of.  I did manage to take out a Rail Golem in one activation with the Student of Steel which was a lot of fun!  I feel that these will get more time once I start using Nicodem when I can summon them to suit.

Also try them with Molly and Tara (Techinically Karina) for some added shenanigans and a boat load more fun! Tara and Molly always need new friends and the Iron Zombies fit the bill nicely!  :D  

Also try them with Molly and Tara (Techinically Karina) for some added shenanigans and a boat load more fun! Tara and Molly always need new friends and the Iron Zombies fit the bill nicely!  :D  

I plan to expand with all the Resser Masters (I own all the current plastic sets), just holding out for a plastic set for Molly and the regular Tara set.  The Seamus/Molly storyline is my favourite throughout Malifaux so I hope she comes out soon (I also want Crooligans and sure plastic ones will come in her box!). 

So my number 1 may shock a few people.......or maybe not.

1) Crooligans - love the from the shadows and the place 5''

2) Rotten Belles - I like doxies but doxies only lure once per turn where a belle can potentially lure 3 times, can lure friendly models as well

3) Bete - throw at enemy, re-bury and repeat, great backup for your crooligans. Make the oppponent make a tough choice.

4) Mortimer - the chatty aura is amazing and makes him very good in Squatter's Rights and Stake a Claim with any Rezzer master

5) Toshiro - mini-Nico as I like to call him. plays very well with nico and fast/focused minions with + attack flips is brutal

Ok your top 5 favorite Resser models, and I guess no masters because I didn't see anyone list a master when I scanned through. Cool I have a ton of Ressers lets do this.

NOTE I ONLY PLAY 1.5 (a massive modified version of 1.5 anyway)...

1. Mortimer...awesome 7 cost guy who brings out Corpse counters mostly every round for your masters is almost broken it's so good.

2. Izamu (the Armor) although 10 cost, Object 2 is amazing, self healing attacks, Melee expert, Magic weapon trigger, Immune to Influence...and too many other great things hes a must use if you got the room.

3. Yin (the Penangalan) cost 8, this things awesome! 6 DF with Attacks Flips on this model get a :-fate . This fast (Not FAST ability) 5/7, Floating, terrifying 12, Can Constrict, Can poison, bloody viscera blob is solid.

4. Rotten Belles these low cost (4) models are Hard to Wound 1, with 8 wounds, and Slow to DIE. Their LURE is almost always a success, and they can lower peoples DEF score...awesome.

Sadly enough 1-4 is solid. Spot 5 I was like I guess these...

5. Punk Zombies 5 cost guys with 6 wounds, DEF 5, Slow to Die, Hard to Wound 1, is pretty good. They don't have a range attack, but there paired katana's at CB 7 :crow is awesome. With a 2/4/5 damage profile, Rot :crow :crow trigger, and (2) Flurry they are dangerous close up.

So that where I'm at right now with the cards I have for the Ressers.

Nighthater

I don't see nico and Toshiro as working very well together.  Too many guys going after the same resources and using the same cards.  Haven't tried it out though so couldn't say for sure, just my impressions.

From personal experience I can say they actually do work together very well, just don't even bother trying to summon with Toshiro, Nico does it better. They don't really compete for cards at all if Toshiro doesn't take his summon upgrade, Toshiro only really wants the :mask for his Lethal Lunacy and Next  Target Triggers or :tome  for War Eternal, Nico is just hungry for :crow. Toshiro works amazingly with Nico as he is there as another source of dishing out buffs. The  :+fate to Ml attacks alone is golden but add into the mix either of his (0) actions and it gets a whole lot better especially when neither of them require suits. The Daimyo's Price is amazing at the cost of just 1 Corpse or Scheme Marker and an 8 for a 6" Focus +1 pulse. Add that to anti-slow,  :+fate Ml flips and the amount of Fast Nico can put out and anything nearby or summoned in is going to be set to murder just about anything and get where they need to be whilst doing it or objectives. You can have one death ball around Nico on one flank and another around Toshiro on the opposite flank and really work wonders. It's fantastic for Reconnoiter! Or you can combine the two and have a seriously deadly death ball around Nico with a million buffs that even make even the worst resser minions into serious threats which is utterly brutal for Turf War and Squatter's Rights. Just sit them in the middle of the board and watch the fun happen as Belles lure stuff into Punks or Iron Zombies and then melt upon their blades.  :D

EDIT

Just thought of another use for this actually, Nico using Maniacal Laugh and Undertaker has yet another synergy with Toshiro... When Toshiro uses Daimyo's Price to sacrifice a Mindless Zombie it'll trigger "I Can Use That!" on Nico's Undertaker upgrade allowing the 6" Pulse and the drawing of a card!... Just... just plain sexy right?!  ;)

• Like 3

From personal experience I can say they actually do work together very well, just don't even bother trying to summon with Toshiro, Nico does it better. They don't really compete for cards at all if Toshiro doesn't take his summon upgrade, Toshiro only really wants the :mask for his Lethal Lunacy and Next  Target Triggers or :tome  for War Eternal, Nico is just hungry for :crow. Toshiro works amazingly with Nico as he is there as another source of dishing out buffs. The  :+fate to Ml attacks alone is golden but add into the mix either of his (0) actions and it gets a whole lot better especially when neither of them require suits. The Daimyo's Price is amazing at the cost of just 1 Corpse or Scheme Marker and an 8 for a 6" Focus +1 pulse. Add that to anti-slow,  :+fate Ml flips and the amount of Fast Nico can put out and anything nearby or summoned in is going to be set to murder just about anything and get where they need to be whilst doing it or objectives. You can have one death ball around Nico on one flank and another around Toshiro on the opposite flank and really work wonders. It's fantastic for Reconnoiter! Or you can combine the two and have a seriously deadly death ball around Nico with a million buffs that even make even the worst resser minions into serious threats which is utterly brutal for Turf War and Squatter's Rights. Just sit them in the middle of the board and watch the fun happen as Belles lure stuff into Punks or Iron Zombies and then melt upon their blades.  :D

EDIT

Just thought of another use for this actually, Nico using Maniacal Laugh and Undertaker has yet another synergy with Toshiro... When Toshiro uses Daimyo's Price to sacrifice a Mindless Zombie it'll trigger "I Can Use That!" on Nico's Undertaker upgrade allowing the 6" Pulse and the drawing of a card!... Just... just plain sexy right?!  ;)

You make a very compelling case!  Toshiro is fast (no pun intended) becoming one of my favourite Hench's as I play Ressers and TT and this is a lovely combination.  I auto think of Toshiro's ability to summon because of him being one of the few who can summon but the two of them buffing the whole crew is evil in all the right ways!  Really need to get Nico on the table instead of all this theorizing...

What the previous gentlemen have said. Nico can hand out fast just needing to flip a 4. Toshiro needs an 8 a bit tougher but still doable. Playing Nico with Toshiro I generally have at least 2 fast models a turn. Very effective with models that can flurry.

• Like 1