shenlong art anyone?

The Godlyness

Worked for me.

Shenlong and the High River Monks look great! The Peasants are serviceable, but Sensei Yu is completely out of left field from how his rules read. Can't wait to see his fluff.

Whole Crew: A, 90%

inb4 "Gawd, this is so bland. He doesn't look like a master, except, you know, a Kung Fu Master, which, well, I guess he is."

Edit: Betting right now that each side of Shenlong's mustache is a separate plastic piece.

• Like 1

LOVE the high river monks and peasants, Shenlong looks badass but a bit plain and demands free hand to make interesting and Sensei Yu is definitly my least favorite being very far from what I expected, I mean, a Wk 7 model with a pretty tame attack shouldn't have those pecs. Was expecting something closer to Tenzin from Korra, more dignified and stringy.

The middle Monk's pose is boring and weird (pulling an imaginary bow for the win!) but the other two look good. Especially the one with the polearm looks really nice.

The Peasants are serviceable - it's difficult to do anything mind blowing with the concept.

Sensei Yu doesn't seem to fit his rules and takes a lot of painting skill to make look good, but I do like the artwork a lot. As a mini it might be difficult to pull off.

As for Shenlong - not bad. I'm not a fan of "mandatory" tattoos since painting good-looking tattoos at this scale is extremely difficult. All in all the box will require a lot of skill to pull off nicely.

So yeah, as minis I'm a bit afraid, but as art that is very badass.

The monk with the spear looks amazing, the peasants are, well peasants, a bit boring but I guess that's the point. Sensei Yu? What? That has to be the happiest guy in the gym, like way too happy, it's not just protein in that guy's shake. I also think that Hell Dorado already made that Shenlong, except it's better looking :D

Actually, after retreading Sensei Yu's card there is nothing except maybe his damage spread to make it seem like he would be the wise old man. The art for him also really works for laugh off as well. I think the biggest issue with it is that it was unexpected.

Maybe not an old man but he doesn't look like he should have a walk of 7 and isn't able to charge

Just because he can charge doesn't mean he's going to. The lack of a charge can easily represent that that's not how he fights -- just like the 10T Archers having a charge of 8 doesn't mean they ever charge -- they can't.

I mean, I understand not expecting what you see, but it's easy to justify it either way.