July Releases

Dirial

The Guard are interesting, when I saw the picture in the rulebook I assumed he was a Guardsman (the guy with crossed sword and pistol outstreched in front of him), maybe he's a Sergeant or an Austringer?

Really, I thought that if they weren't custom characters, they'd be new arcanists gunsmiths (especially the corset girl)(though I would have never forgiven the lack of goggles xD).

Who are these then? o.O

x5wgpf.jpg

For me the big winners are the Desperate Mercs, mainly because of the new one.  He just clicks well with me.  Canine remains I am not so much a fan of but as I have some of the old ones and the one from McMourning's box I will be fine.  Did not really need 3 more.

The guild guard caught me by surprise much like everyone else, just don't look the part so I agree with the general opinion so far on that.  That said they look like they might not be bad models.  Would not be bad for some generic gunslingers perhaps, or spare parts depending how they go together.  So I will be interested in seeing how they turn out.

Molemen I surprisingly like better than the old ones.  Gives me something to think about if I want to expand into Arcanist at some point.  Don't really care for Bete but then again I am not a big Bete person in general.  The Gremlins though I am very interested in as I already have a Somer and Lenny metals from someone that had spares from an Ebay lot.  Got most of my Gremlins that way but no bayou gremlins.  So that would be just about perfect for me to round out some of them.

As a guild player it kind of sucks that the Executioners come 2 in a box cause I just bought a metal one 2 days ago -___-*. But they look great and it is so cool they have a 2nd type of claws now. As for the guild guard I really don't like them as many people have said they don't look like they are part of a police force or even related in an way the old guild guard. That is a huge problem because I love the old uniforms and how they stood out with the new ones they just kind of look like random dude and dudette. Hell they look like they are Pistolero De Latigo than anything else. Well I guess I should pick up a pack of the metal ones before they all disappear. 

Really, I thought that if they weren't custom characters, they'd be new arcanists gunsmiths (especially the corset girl)(though I would have never forgiven the lack of goggles xD).

Who are these then? o.O

x5wgpf.jpg

Those look so much more like Guild guard, not to mention so much cooler...

All excellent (Molemen and Executioners are my favourite), with the exception of those guys who look nothing like Guild Guard (and we already have the artwork for Guild Guard).

I have a suspicion that they could be a stop gap release? Maybe there was a problem with sculpting the "actual* GG derived from the existing artwork, so these two models have been subbed in as a replacement?

Hopefully the "actual" GG will get a release further down the line and we can forget about these two random Joes who didn't even have the common sense to strap on a uniform before trying to impersonate an officer.

• Like 1

Seems a bit unlikely that they'd have two models concepted, drawn and sculpted as a stop-gap while waiting to fix two others... not a good use of time and money.

I imagine they might be different to the Lucius box (If he comes with guardsmen in the box, I don't know if he has another better choice of theme minion).

In terms of uniform, the art (and the renders) have them both wearing long coats with shoulder panels, and hats. Sure, they're wearing different clothes under, but it still falls into the 'top and trousers' bracket to me. Very similar to the Lone Marshal and the Austringer. The coat and hat are the major uniform points, I thought. It's not the modern police where everyone is expected to act decent and dress identical, after all...

The only thing that surprised me was the second pistol, but looking at the guard art in the big book I think he has one too. 

Still, that's only my personal opinion.

Edit: They could be a bit more defined by uniform, I won't argue. I seem to like them more when I'm looking at the picture (they feel quite 'old west vaguely dubious law enforcement' to me) than I do when I'm not looking at it. Strange, but true.

In terms of uniform, the art (and the renders) have them both wearing long coats with shoulder panels, and hats. Sure, they're wearing different clothes under, but it still falls into the 'top and trousers' bracket to me. Very similar to the Lone Marshal and the Austringer. The coat and hat are the major uniform points, I thought. It's not the modern police where everyone is expected to act decent and dress identical, after all...

The only thing that surprised me was the second pistol, but looking at the guard art in the big book I think he has one too. 

Eh, the Guild Guard have always had two pistols.  All three of the metal Guardsmen sculpts have 2 pistols, its just that they all have swords drawn, and the second pistol holstered.  

I think the issue people are having in terms of uniform is they don't have the red sash, and to a lesser extent the breast plate that was present in the old art and models.  I think they look fine as Guild Guard- I just wish they looked a bit more like the metals.

I probably won't be picking em up, unless I want to put 5 Guild Guard on the table for some reason.  And I also consider the old Guild Guard models some of the best sculpts the company has produced in any medium- so that would be a hard act to follow.