Tormented

Justin

I love this.

And Math, it's not a bed. It's a rack. And the guy on the cross I'm sure is either a forum of crucifixion, or Drawing and Quartering.

It's a hospital bed with restraints and wheels.

If you don't think humanity is capable of executions like that, you haven't read enough history books... ;-P

I think you had a bit of a reading failure yourself there as ZFiend pointed out ;)

Given that all of The Guilty (if that's what we're all assuming they are) are dressed in the classic convict stripey pyjamas I think we can assume that the guy strapped to a bed or possibly a gurney isn't there because he was ill and needed some medicine.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe he was executed by lethal injection, or whatever the Malifaux equivalent is.

Either way, I think the whole crew looks ace and if I weren't so deeply in love with my resser's they'd definitely be on my wish list.

Given that all of The Guilty (if that's what we're all assuming they are) are dressed in the classic convict stripey pyjamas I think we can assume that the guy strapped to a bed or possibly a gurney isn't there because he was ill and needed some medicine.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe he was executed by lethal injection, or whatever the Malifaux equivalent is.

Either way, I think the whole crew looks ace and if I weren't so deeply in love with my resser's they'd definitely be on my wish list.

You're only in love with your ressers because they remind you of when you were young... :P

• Like 1

Personally I don't like large props on bases so crosses and beds and stuff are right out for me. There is also a certain dissonance with them being restrained and still moving about. It would have been fine if they were ghosts, but the rules seems to imply that they are corporeal. I guess someone can wheel the bed around though...

You play McMourning, don't you? I do as well, and I'm going for Jack Daw purely because I already have Nurses, Hanged and Jaakuna Ubume, which when added to his Crew box make up a very healthily sized Jack Daw crew. He's practically a Resser master anyway, and I'm really looking forwards to finding out new ways to use my existing models without just getting another Resser master.

If course if you got him as well that would make two McM and JD players in Manchester, and I think there's duplication enough!

There is also a certain dissonance with them being restrained and still moving about.

I see them as telekinetic, powered by the enormity of the wrongs done against them. They just push the bed/chair around with their brains. And as for the guy on the St Andrew's Cross, imagine how creepy it would be to see him standing there on the battlefield motionless, then the two 'leg' parts start walking towards you with a huge thump on each step as the cross pivots and lands.

• Like 2

Personally I don't like large props on bases so crosses and beds and stuff are right out for me. There is also a certain dissonance with them being restrained and still moving about. It would have been fine if they were ghosts, but the rules seems to imply that they are corporeal. I guess someone can wheel the bed around though...

The whole thing moves not just the person strapped into the bed, it's going to be floating at a jaunty angle I believe.

You play McMourning, don't you? I do as well, and I'm going for Jack Daw purely because I already have Nurses, Hanged and Jaakuna Ubume, which when added to his Crew box make up a very healthily sized Jack Daw crew. He's practically a Resser master anyway, and I'm really looking forwards to finding out new ways to use my existing models without just getting another Resser master.

If course if you got him as well that would make two McM and JD players in Manchester, and I think there's duplication enough!

I see them as telekinetic, powered by the enormity of the wrongs done against them. They just push the bed/chair around with their brains. And as for the guy on the St Andrew's Cross, imagine how creepy it would be to see him standing there on the battlefield motionless, then the two 'leg' parts start walking towards you with a huge thump on each step as the cross pivots and lands.

Pretty much what this man says. I have all resser masters and intend to have all Ten Thunders, that means I already have 2 outcast masters with Misaki and Tara, so dipping into Jack Daw when I already have the intention to get hanged and already have nurses seems pretty much a shoein. Damn you wyrd :(

I'm not sure I see the difference in outlook between these and Molly, Kirai, or, especially, Tara.

Kirai has been rezzing stuff since her appearance. Sure, they've been spirits, but it's still the same thing.

I don't remember if Molly ever raised the dead, but her card seems to suggest that she is more than capable of it now that she got promoted.

As for Tara, we have not really seen anything of her after Dead Winter. So, it's hard to say. But Karina is defintely a Rezzer which would give Tara some access to their stuff. Of course, she's still more Outcast than Rezzer.

The whole thing moves not just the person strapped into the bed, it's going to be floating at a jaunty angle I believe.

Well obviously the whole thing is going to have to move around if it's a single model. I'm just saying that could only work for me if it had Spirit or Incorporeal on the card, I can buy a ghost floating around in his ghost electric chair. A zombie type undead teleporting around in an actual electric chair seems like a parody of Jason et al lumbering slowing and still being faster than their victims and that doesn't appeal to me. The line about wheeling the bed around was a joke.

Well obviously the whole thing is going to have to move around if it's a single model. I'm just saying that could only work for me if it had Spirit or Incorporeal on the card, I can buy a ghost floating around in his ghost electric chair. A zombie type undead teleporting around in an actual electric chair seems like a parody of Jason et al lumbering slowing and still being faster than their victims and that doesn't appeal to me. The line about wheeling the bed around was a joke.

Have you played the crew?.. there is no way these things are lumbering around. They are not your standard Zombie Undead. The way I look at Spirit and Undead is they are large groups of similar things. Not all undead are fleshy zombies, Bete Noire seems the obvious exception a model that can phase in an out of reality, Killjoy is a semi demon that makes blood pacts and can be summoned from a blood sacrifice. Yin is more or less a vampire.

I'm a mammal, I don't have a lot in common with a Whale, but enough.

• Like 1

Have you played the crew?.. there is no way these things are lumbering around. They are not your standard Zombie Undead. The way I look at Spirit and Undead is they are large groups of similar things. Not all undead are fleshy zombies, Bete Noire seems the obvious exception a model that can phase in an out of reality, Killjoy is a semi demon that makes blood pacts and can be summoned from a blood sacrifice. Yin is more or less a vampire.

I'm a mammal, I don't have a lot in common with a Whale, but enough.

No, I haven't played them but I'm aware that they are fairly fast. I was using zombie in the meaning that they are an actual dead body that refuses stay still, as opposed to a ghost, not to say that they were slow.

There are a bunch of models that have both spirit and incorporeal that seems to be ghosts. Then there are some models that are either or that might be ghosts. And I guess there are some models that should be incorporeal or spirit fluff wise but didn't get it for balance reasons. Are they supposed to be ghosts? I have only read the ME2 book fluff and some of the chronicle pieces.

I think a human and a whale has quite a lot in common, but I guess it depends on what else you compare them with.  :P

I am of the opinion that this might be this years Nightmare Edition.

Well hoping so. That way I won't have to wait a GW period of time for its release!

I feel the same on this.  I hope this is the Nightmare Edition.  

I still hope Leveticus in waif dresses is this years nightmare edition.

I still don't like Jack Daws pose, and the quartered guilty I think should have more space between his limbs and body, but other than that it looks really good, It's definitely a boxset I'll be picking up. 

I just noticed that the Guilty on the bed has autopsy scars, which means that he's quite dead.  As for people thinking that drawing and quartering is a little excessive, you should read up on impaling and methods of execution involving army ants.  Humans have invented some incredibly ridiculous ways to kill each other.

I'm imagining the Guilty moving around like the Scoleri brothers from Ghostbusters 2!

As for people thinking that drawing and quartering is a little excessive, you should read up on impaling and methods of execution involving army ants.  Humans have invented some incredibly ridiculous ways to kill each other.

It's graphically excessive in a mini, not as a depiction of human horribleness. I like the more subtle creepy far more than the easy shock of boring gore. Also, I'm not sure that drawing and quartering works like that (is the cross some kind of a really weird, elongating mechanism and even then the straps are in weird places) and it doesn't explain his head.
  • Like 2

I just noticed that the Guilty on the bed has autopsy scars, which means that he's quite dead.  As for people thinking that drawing and quartering is a little excessive, you should read up on impaling and methods of execution involving army ants.  Humans have invented some incredibly ridiculous ways to kill each other.

It is not about "reality", it is about do we REALLY need this kind of stuff on the table? It is not creepy, it is just a dull B movie stuff.

• Like 2

It is not about "reality", it is about do we REALLY need this kind of stuff on the table? It is not creepy, it is just a dull B movie stuff.

You're right. No one else should be able to have gore/horror because you don't like it/are offended by it.

If you don't want it on the table don't buy it.

I'm not sure why Wyrd can't tap into that genre if they want to. I think it still sufficiently 'Wyrd' for it to be easily recognised. At the end of the day it's personal choice and I love the whole concept of tortured souls in varying poses.  

I feel like I'm on crazy pills here, but my searching hasn't managed to find anyone around here talking about The Guilty card printed in Wyrd Chronicles 12 for the new scenario there.

It appears to be the exact same card as the Wave 2 final, except that a 30mm base has become a 40mm base...

Did I just miss the discussion, or am I somehow the first person to notice this and say something on the forums?