Johana anyone?

SteampunkCake

Far as anyone can tell, it will be the regular crew boxes that are going to have them, likely scattered through each faction (similar to the old Miss Pack) but unlike the old days where it was entirely random, these boxes will be clearly marked.

I'm fingers crossed that I'll find a Ramos one with her, as I want the alt model and still need Ramos to complete my demo set I'm gonna build up. (though I could settle for Raspy).

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to the guy at Simple Miniature Games in Christchurch, UK. He told me he wasn't expecting any of these boxes until at least early May, he's predicting they will be available to the UK throughout May-June but that is more of a best guess than actual fact. Hopefully they will be about soon as I prefer Johana's artwork to the old metal Johan who's packing heat he'll never be able to use lol

I actually dislike the Situation about Johanna as well. 

Sure it's great to support local shops with freebies so everyone buys more boxes he wouldn't have bought otherwise and I really dig the support it gives to everyone. 

To bad there's landscapes with nowhere enough of these local shops. Like Europe.

Traveling to a shop just to check if they got any of the special boxes would be more expensive than buying a Tara Crew-box of ebay. (if there would be any ~.~ )

It's a bit sad that for half of the world some really great models end up only purchasable from third-party-sellers on sites like ebay,

My local shop only likes to support WH40K and look down on you if you play something else.  They tolerate other games being played in their store, but every time I have tried to place an order, they have never bothered to place it.  I have asked about it and they just give me some halfhearted apology.  I do little other than buy my paints from there now.  So I will not even have access to these boxes, and that makes me sad.  I am probably going to have to pay out the backside for the model on ebay.

My local shop only likes to support WH40K and look down on you if you play something else.  They tolerate other games being played in their store, but every time I have tried to place an order, they have never bothered to place it.  I have asked about it and they just give me some halfhearted apology.  I do little other than buy my paints from there now.  So I will not even have access to these boxes, and that makes me sad.  I am probably going to have to pay out the backside for the model on ebay.

That really is quite terrible! I'd go mad at them if they refused/neglected to place an order for me just because it wasn't for their preferred gaming system. I've all but given up on Warhammer Fantasy since my discovery of Malifaux and 40k has gotten so utterly stupid I wont touch it anymore, I started a Tau army but wont ever play it. On top of that the manager at my local GW store has pulled me to one side once or twice and had a moan at me just for chatting about Malifaux with local gamers in his store. It's not like I was promoting Malifaux in his store it was just casual chat between friends but because of their attitude I've pretty much stopped using them with the exception of the odd batch of modelling supplies, paints, glues etc. 

That really is quite terrible! I'd go mad at them if they refused/neglected to place an order for me just because it wasn't for their preferred gaming system. I've all but given up on Warhammer Fantasy since my discovery of Malifaux and 40k has gotten so utterly stupid I wont touch it anymore, I started a Tau army but wont ever play it. On top of that the manager at my local GW store has pulled me to one side once or twice and had a moan at me just for chatting about Malifaux with local gamers in his store. It's not like I was promoting Malifaux in his store it was just casual chat between friends but because of their attitude I've pretty much stopped using them with the exception of the odd batch of modelling supplies, paints, glues etc. 

Frustrations with the store aside, I am more frustrated that Wyrd wants to make this exclusive to storefronts and leaves a lot of players, who may not have access to that for one reason or another, high and dry. 

Frustrations with the store aside, I am more frustrated that Wyrd wants to make this exclusive to storefronts and leaves a lot of players, who may not have access to that for one reason or another, high and dry. 

I agree, I'm constantly pestering my LGS because I don't want to miss out. I'd be gutted if I was in a position where I wasn't able to get my hands on Johana and it's almost a dead certainty she will be really pricey on eBay. 

I agree, I'm constantly pestering my LGS because I don't want to miss out. I'd be gutted if I was in a position where I wasn't able to get my hands on Johana and it's almost a dead certainty she will be really pricey on eBay. 

Well if the info stands that it's random even to the LGS whether they'll get it or not it is impossible to get here. If I knew that the box I would order through the LGS contained Johana I'd be more than glad to do that now, also the Finland extra we get through the brick and mortar stores is too steep to start randomly ordering boxes through them rather than online. 

There is no perfect solution. No matter what decision you make Some group of the market is going to be unhappy With the decision. I'm in the same situation as the nearest game store is 1 and a half hours away so it is unlikely ill get a Johanna. But given that she is just an alternate sculpt its no big deal. Wait for her on the bits market, or just by the regular Johan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

But given that she is just an alternate sculpt its no big deal. Wait for her on the bits market, or just by the regular Johan.

The thing that annoys me about that is that I would like to give my money to Wyrd/someone stocking Wyrd, but I can't actually do that. Instead it will go to a third party reselling the model. As for the regular Johan, the old metal model isn't great (and I vastly prefer plastics anyway) and the new art for him sadly isn't at all appealing to me. The Johana art is by far the best version of him I've seen. So although I want him, if the model is like the art I won't be buying it. So it's a little annoying that there is an alternative that I do like, but that I probably won't be able to get it.

Now I do expect it to reappear as a promotional model at some point so I might eventually get it, but we shall see.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well now that Som'er and the May stuff has been released has anybody actually managed to bag Johana yet?

My housemate bought the Som'er box and kindly donated Johanna to me as I play outcasts.

Honestly, she seems smaller than i anticipated (but i haven't put her together yet, just judging by sprue)

Also I was surprised that her sprue is actually attached to the Som'er sprue, it's not separate.

My housemate bought the Som'er box and kindly donated Johanna to me as I play outcasts.

Honestly, she seems smaller than i anticipated (but i haven't put her together yet, just judging by sprue)

Also I was surprised that her sprue is actually attached to the Som'er sprue, it's not separate.

How tall is she? Pics, pics!