Adepticon Masters Reporting

Hey,

Just thought I'd mention. A good friend of mine sent me the Adepticon results. Keep in mind these results are all second hand reporting, but:

3 of the Top 4 places were won by Arcanists.

1st: Nick H. (Of Through the Breach Fame) FACTION: Arcanists MASTER: ???

2nd: Bret F. FACTION: Arcanists MASTER: Colette

3rd: Mike Marshall (of Malifools Fame) FACTION: Neverborn MASTER: Collodi

4th: Jim Wrench FACTION: Arcanists MASTER: Rasputina

If anyone else has any other info to report I'll update this post as more information comes in.

Thanks!

EDIT: fixed final results due to calculation error.

Nick H from TTB Podcast got 1st. Came down to differential between him and 2nd place - and there was a 1 point difference there.

ShadowOpal should be getting full results online in the next week - when I left at 3:30, he was in zombie mode and thinking only of sleep and how much work had to be done before he could get there.

I played nick in the final round with my guild, I was 4-0 going into the finals. Before coming to adepticon I had 1 full game played and 2 games played to turn 2 and 3 as sort of demo games. So my noobiness allowed him to get a defensive trigger off and get a needed push, in order for him to get deliver the message. That and I never played one of the schemes and strategies before lol. I was happy with the loss and can say I killed collette tho. Was a great learning experience, and thanks to all the people I played over the weekend and teaching me the game and being patient with me and my noobiness.

• Like 1

no apologies necessary, it was a fun game despite the absolute trouncing i received.  I was just glad it wasn't a 3rd Perdita in a row.  glad you ended up doing so well in masters.  hope we can get a rematch sometime.

I recently got my airbrush setup but im having real trouble with the difference of air pressure over texture, gaps and whatnot,  I had hoped to talk to you about painting techniques but your story match 3 got pretty heated and I was exhausted at the end.  Who ended up winning best appearance?  

Hey - this is Bret F. (of no podcast fame), I went 5-0-0 in the adepticon masters and ended up in second place (by 1 differential point), and I ran Colette in every game. Hopefully I'll have some free time (and be recovered from post-con exhaustion) soon so I can post Battle Reports and my thoughts on Colette in the arcanists forum.

• Like 1

Twas a lot of fun at masters although my results weren't what I wanted the games and the opponents were far too good to worry about going 2-3 faced Ramos twice 1 win one loss and Lossed to Yan Lo, Won in the Nicodem off with Conrad, and a narrow loss final game vs Resser Tara. The fact I was alive for the second half was good enough for me went a bit heavy on the vodka after masters day 1.

Hi,

This is John H (also of no podcast fame). I played Nick in round 3. He was using Collette and won 8 to 6 with me using Pandora.

Overall, I finished 3-1-1 using Neverborn.

Thanks to all my opponents. It was great meeting a lot of new people. It was also great playing different masters and play styles outside of my local group. i hope everyone can make it back next year.

Just wish there was a vendor at the con selling Wyrd merchandise (besides the 50% off metal overstock).

• Like 1

yes, I know there were a ton of demos' ran as well as just familys and others walking into the room seeing the models and the excitement and going where can I buy this stuff here. the lack of a booth or some vending presence officially from wyrd was very disappointing and to me a miss to sell some product. embrace your hyper fans who are traveling you know from england, australia and the wilds of America to come to a hotel outside chicago at the end of Winter to play your game for 4 days at the cost of 100-1000s of dollars. That would have loved drop some vacation money in your till. 

• Like 1

I played nick in the final round with my guild, I was 4-0 going into the finals. Before coming to adepticon I had 1 full game played and 2 games played to turn 2 and 3 as sort of demo games. So my noobiness allowed him to get a defensive trigger off and get a needed push, in order for him to get deliver the message. That and I never played one of the schemes and strategies before lol. I was happy with the loss and can say I killed collette tho. Was a great learning experience, and thanks to all the people I played over the weekend and teaching me the game and being patient with me and my noobiness.

I played you round 2 that was a solid game. 5-4 to you, you denying Sebastian from using SS was huge, and something that as a resser I use often. Glad to see great competitive players like you getting into Malifaux. There were tons of new faces this year, and a wide array of veteran and new players. Such a great weekend.

I ended up with 2wins 1 lose 1 draw and a bye. No idea where that put me in the rankings is it seemed the software wasn't configured to Gaining Grounds 2014 rules during the pairings. In the end I think I had a 10TP/+9DIFF/+34VP, all my games were well fought, fun, and exciting. Just great examples of Malifaux players and Adepticon was a fun event. It surely should be the premiere competitive environment for Malifaux in the US. Just hope/wish Wyrd would provide more presence since we couldn't buy anything in the vendor hall and new interested parties were also told to just "go to their online store".

Maybe next year they'll be there?

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the closest gaming store had closed due to attending events in the con... and the two second closest were 45 minutes away if you found the magical time between morning rush hour(s), lunch rush hour(s), and evening rush hour(s).

We had a few people that were almost going to head over until they realised that at that time of day it would likely take them twice as long one way.

Moral of the story... city driving sucks.

• Like 1

Well even if Belle spam lists took the top three spots it wouldn't do more than lend support to the idea that they need fixing, just as Belle spam not winning any of the top spots doesn't do more than lend support to the fact that they don't. It is a good solid piece of data being a big competitive multi mets tournament, but there needs to be more data to prove anything. =)

Just because Arcanists won 3 of the top 4 slots, doesn't prove they need fixing either. =) it's going to be interesting to see how Gen Con, the Nova Open, and the UK events come out, and then analyze a years worth of data. =)

• Like 2

Congrats to Nick. He also won the only v1 event of the weekend in the story encounter the night before so he was sort of "Lord of all Malifaux" for the weekend.

Also, congrats to Bret's team for keeping the team championship "in the family".

As an aside, big thanks to Greg for running the v1 story encounter in Dan's absence. We had fun. (But getting my son to wake up the next morning was a bit of a chore.. :) )

I don't know the name of the person who got best painted and I didn't see his army, but he was the Asian guy that was in the costume contest. I thought I had a chance, but I was being judged in that very heated match. So not sure if that had something to do with it.

The asian guy who won best painted at the story encounter was Mario of Voices of Mars (WGC) fame. I had the funnest game of my convention against him in round 2. He played a McCabe crew (and I think he said he had his Lady J crew there with him) but I believe it was the crew I played against that won him the best painted in that event.

Also, just a totally alsome and fun guy :)