Site gremlins have stolen the "like" button

Not sure what's happening with the "like" button...

I'm taking part in the monthly Painters Challenge and I noticed the other day that all the reactions to people's entries have disappeared....this is a bit of a bind as we are all constantly posting but I can no longer see who I have left "likes" for....despite receiving notifications that someone has reacted to a post neither can I actually see reaction to my own entries...if I click on the "like" button icon  it will reveal who has reacted to other people's post but the minute I change page it all disappears again

Can someone please chase down the gremlins and restore it to good health please ?

• Like 3

On 2018-04-01 at 10:32 AM, Burnin' Coal said:

Not sure what's happening with the "like" button...

I'm taking part in the monthly Painters Challenge and I noticed the other day that all the reactions to people's entries have disappeared....this is a bit of a bind as we are all constantly posting but I can no longer see who I have left "likes" for....despite receiving notifications that someone has reacted to a post neither can I actually see reaction to my own entries...if I click on the "like" button icon  it will reveal who has reacted to other people's post but the minute I change page it all disappears again

Can someone please chase down the gremlins and restore it to good health please ?

i think the gremlins have been safetly thrown out from the site 😁

faa5c19e617eb1b93244f09fcd6a5dd4.png

I just tried again...left a "like" for a post then navigated to a different page...when I returned the "like" had disappeared....whereas Thottbot has reacted to my post here and that I can see...so truly weird...but of all the notifications I have received over the last week that is the only one I can see

7 minutes ago, Thottbot said:

hm, well, i can see all my likes after going away from the site, havent checked when people react to me but seems like it works for me atleast.

Hmm...interesting.....maybe it's a device problem...I am using an iPad 

@Chou reported the same problem as me earlier so there is definitely a glitch...and it's definitely spoiling my enjoyment of the Painters Challenge 

I have no idea what the problem might be. But you are right, likes do just seem to disappear. It might be because I don't spend so much time on the painting threads that I hadn't noticed the lack of likes. (Discussions make more  use of agree and disagree which are still there). 

I think this is possibly something to do with board architecture, which is well beyond my understanding.  @Ratty was doing something with Smilies recently. Hopefully this will bring him here to look:Rat:

• Thanks 2

I don't think I've ever used any of it on my phone. Are you on your phone? I'm just computer/Chrome.

Also, it's worth noting that a few weeks back the Like button did seem to break, which is why I ended up adding the Teddy icon (since it seems to have broken). It's possible that's when the issue started, but I'm not sure why it would be ongoing.

• 2 weeks later...