Wyrd Chronicles Vol. 33 [SPOILERS]

icebreaker

I (Aaron) have added spoiler tags to this post. Please, if you are going to post in here, use spoiler tags.

Put [] around the word spoiler and [] around /spoiler to end it.

If you can put some text before what you've written, it also offsets it for the quick summary on the main page.

Thanks, all!

-Aaron

The Judge is dead!!!

I'm sure that the Judge is too stubborn to just die and leave Lady face to face with the horrors of Malifaux! I've believe that we won't lost such cool character, and just got brand new undead henchman! He will return and will punish the disgusting Resurrectionists like a spirit of retribution!

I wish we get a new 13cc Nikima-like henchman instead of current Judge, but in best traditions of Guild: resistant and incredibly dangerous.

Let's fantasize how It would look like to cost 13cc. I've think he will get tag undead, get incorporeal, lost shooting attack but will get new more dangerous melee attack.

Edited by Aaron
Spoilers

Just hiding some more stuff from sight because I'm a kind and generous soul.

-Aaron

22 minutes ago, icebreaker said:

The Judge is dead!!!

I'm sure that the Judge is too stubborn to just die and leave Lady face to face with the horrors of Malifaux! I've believe that we won't lost such cool character, and just got brand new undead henchman! He will return and will punish the disgusting Resurrectionists like a spirit of retribution!

I wish we get a new 13cc Nikima-like henchman instead of current Judge, but in best traditions of Guild: resistant and incredibly dangerous.

Let's fantasize how It would look like to cost 13cc. I've think he will get tag undead, get incorporeal, lost shooting attack but will get new more dangerous melee attack.

I don`t think its 100% sure he`s dead. He got hit and at the least lost conciousness. I think a trade of Judge vs Nicodem is a good trade :P

Edited by Aaron
Spoilers

Maybe Judge can finally lose  the :ranged on his damn push! :lol: Seemed to pretty specifically say he died, didn't she ask the marshals to remove his corpse? I'm betting there will be alt sculpts, maybe also extra upgrades for both henches and masters involved.

2 hours ago, trikk said:

Just hiding some more stuff from sight because I'm a kind and generous soul.

-Aaron

Reveal hidden contents

I don`t think its 100% sure he`s dead. He got hit and at the least lost conciousness. I think a trade of Judge vs Nicodem is a good trade :P

When Lady J reached into her pouch of soulstones there was only the one stone that was charged, and she says something along the lines of sorry my love. That plus a bullet to the head is a pretty clear indication of dead IMO.

1 hour ago, wizuriel said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm kind of surprised Nico was able to control the Death Marshals. I thought karina's big stick was she was the only resser to raise/control Death Marshals.

He did it to the death marshal that found him out. He's able to exert control on them while they're still living, but only Karina can actually bring them back to life.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Hide contents

Maybe Judge can finally lose  the :ranged on his damn push! :lol: Seemed to pretty specifically say he died, didn't she ask the marshals to remove his corpse? I'm betting there will be alt sculpts, maybe also extra upgrades for both henches and masters involved.

I hope so :)

After reading stories from first few 1e books a friend of mine said that in Malifaux all the characters liked each other and tried really hard not to harm their best buddies. As preposterous as it sounds, there's a lot of content supporting this opinion, including story about serial killer Seamus NOT killing incapacitated Samael Hopkins because something something fate forbid it.

I'm happy the times of this unsatisfying storytelling are gone. Ramos rots in Vienna, Nicodem is dead, so is the Judge (the final Soulstone Justice used in fight was powered up by his demise). The main characters - as powerful as they are - are no longer undefeatable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pikciwok said:

I just hope that REDACTED power is just specific to Nicodem. Otherwise that would turn Death Marshalls from best Resser hunters to the worst :P

He is the master of undead and can raise and control stuff no one else can. Pretty sure that is hammered into the fluff. He did say they had spoiled, they dabble in some freaky stuff. They were those that had gained the undead characteristic, like Tara's buddies.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

He was the master of undead and could raise and control stuff no one else can. Pretty sure that was hammered into the fluff. He did say they had spoiled, they dabble in some freaky stuff. They were those that had gained the undead characteristic, like Tara's buddies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Ludvig: Tara's Buddies ARE undead - resurrected only thanks to the combined powers of Obliteration and Ressurectionist idiot savant, Katerina. Justice's boys are just infused with necromantic energies, and some of them because of that are - let me quote the expert - 'spoiled'. ;)Nicodem's powers are impressive indeed. Probably there was only one man that surpassed his abilities both in sheer number of animated corpses and the proficiency in controlling the undead (that nameless necromancer was mentioned in 1st edition TTB books as the scourge of first human colonists in Malifaux). I think you're probably right that with all his power Nicodem could be capable of other, unique feats.

BTW I don't think it's necessary to censor my previous post - after all it's about things published months ago in the first part of Nemesis story. All the point of hiding parts of our post is to not spoil the fun of people who haven't read the story published yesterday yet. :)

• Like 1

I haven't read the book because it hasn't been available for purchase in my country yet. Well some got here but were preordered and the stores seem to not have gotten restocked since then. Non-americans get very limited supplies. Did enter this knowing full well I would be spoiled. Pretty sure rhe big thing is just who dies, not what happens to some random mook.

6 hours ago, icebreaker said:
  Hide contents

Hell guys, everyone talks about the chronicles. Only I am dreaming about the Guild 13cc ultra-beatstick :))))?  

The game couldn't handle it. Our "soft" 9-11 ss models already do 6 min damage in a Hoffman crew and he can now make any model a construct so if we were to get a 13ss beatstick what would it do? Min 6 before all the bonuses and an attack trigger like Yaz? Just seems like we have the ultra beatstick spot covered pretty well and anything that would feel like 13ss of damage for us would just be silly.