Heavy hitters?

Kotep

Hi there, just looking for a little help with resurrectionists. I'm very new to Malifaux and any help is greatly appreciated!

I grabbed a Seamus box and am looking for a stronger model to complement the crew. I'd like to get the punk zombies when they're released on their own (love the models) but I'm curious to know if they have a tougher enforcer type model. Actually, any decent models/info that work well with Seamus would be great.

Thanks!

Bete Noire is a good model to start with. Seamus can really hurt people with his .50cal, giving Bete a chance to pop up and apply her daggers liberally. You'll want to hang on to a 10+ of crow so she can fade away reliably. Giving her Decaying Aura makes her a pretty deadly hunter, cutting off Their ability to heal.

Also check out The Hanged. The ability to strip immunity to horror duels, combined with the ability to 1/2 a models Wounds and prevent healing (For the entire game!) makes them a good model to tag-team with Bete strikes.

Use models that force wp duels, lower wp or do something like that.

Look for the hanged, dead doxies (!), necromancy (smell fear), crooligans (-1 to wp) and stuff like that. Bete is nice - I use her with Seamus as well as with the Doug but at first I would get the things I mentioned. First you need the hanged and dead doxies (If you have the starter with rotten belles, sybelle and the totem). And then you can expand more.

If you want something a little different, but still durabel and with a reliable dg output, lang side some support, you Can take Bishop from outcast. As he Can force people to resist with wp, he Can make seamus heal quite a bit, and dish out some respektables dg, slow and so on.

• Like 1

If you want something a little different, but still durabel and with a reliable dg output, lang side some support, you Can take Bishop from outcast. As he Can force people to resist with wp, he Can make seamus heal quite a bit, and dish out some respektables dg, slow and so on.

... wow. Thats really interesting. Ill never saw that combination but its really nice. Up to 4 wp melee duels in a row. Pretty nice. Ill have to try it. :)

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at the university of transmortis box at the moment. I love the models and they seem to be decent. The bete noire is interesting also, but new model for that is scheduled for April so I think I'll wait until then.

The Ressers in wave one don't have an obvous beat stick like some other factions but they do have some really heavy hitters.

The Hanged and Seamus' sinster rep is very dangerous as stated above.

I also really rate the Punk Zombies in a Seamus crew as the belle can lure the victim into Flurry range.

In the wider faction take a look at McMorning himself as well as the chiwawa and Sebastian.

As always with the faction the models are better in combination. 

Hey, if you are looking for "What to Purchase" than this is a good, cheap list to get used to Seamus with.

Resurrectionists Crew - 50 - Scrap

Seamus -- 7 Pool
+Corpse Bloat +Red Chapel Killer +Sinister Reputation [2+1+1] -OR-
+Mad Haberdasher +Red Chapel Killer +Bag 'o Tools [2+1+1]

Copycat Killer [3]

Madame Sybelle [8]

+Bleeding Tongue [1]
+Not Too Banged Up [1]

Nurse [5]

Rotten Belle [5]

Rotten Belle [5]

Rotten Belle [5]

Bete Noire with Unnerving Aura [8+1]

-OR-

The Hanged [9]

But to directly answer your question, in Wave 1 you'll have to dip out of faction for good beatstick enforcers (except Bete). Wave 2 adds in Izamu, Valedictorian, Rogue Neromancy, and Dead Rider. Sebastian can sort of act as a beatstick enforcer type model in a pinch.

Ressers dont really get as much out of beatsticks as the other factions. Bete is ok, but her main problem is that she's entirely predictable and can be played around pretty easily either via tarpiting or just flat out focus firing when she pops out.  Dead rider tends to have the same problem since it has lost its main movement trick to remove it from combat. You can go deeper by analyzing damage tracks (with triggers) and you will find that ressers top out at 3 where the rest have enforcers that can hit 4 damage or better. Resser ML and SH scores also tend to be pretty average. Ressers do however have the most force multipliers (buffs/debuffs) in the game. Stuff like nurses, belles, etc. etc. as well as all resser masters straight up make their crews hit harder, faster, stronger, better in one way or the other. Except Seamus cause he's abit of a selfish prick.

Therefore you are probably better off having a lot of relatively cheap models because of this and the fact that most of the resser masters (except mcmourning) have positive interactions with death and corpse counters, where other factions will try not to risk point values on weaker models. Plus you will probably need the body count to accomplish schemes since resser models are the slowest models on average. 

If you just need something to stand there to take and give hits, Izamu is probably your best bet because armor +2 with a self heal is usually more than most models can deal with. His 3 inch range is also awesome for area denial shenanigans.  For more offensive models there's the Rogue Necromancy and the Valedictorian but while they are good at dishing out the pain they are pretty fragile despite their high number of wounds.  

I've never really found the Valedictorian to be fragile. She's got a good number of wounds, Hard to Wound, Armor +1, and the ability to use soulstones to prevent damage, as well as the ability to turn off annoying defensive triggers.

My meta has lilith, justice and viks. Df 5 stuff doesnt last too long agaisnt that sadly. Htw isnt that great vs stuff with min damage ranges of 3-4 and all resser masters need stones too much for you to blow them on damage prev. flips because of all the doubke suited spells. You are better off going for expendable rather than a massive stone sink I find.

My meta has lilith, justice and viks. Df 5 stuff doesnt last too long agaisnt that sadly. Htw isnt that great vs stuff with min damage ranges of 3-4 and all resser masters need stones too much for you to blow them on damage prev. flips because of all the doubke suited spells. You are better off going for expendable rather than a massive stone sink I find.

If that's your meta I would recomend The Hanged as they work of WP. To really make them stronger as a "killing" option run Seamus with Sinister Rep