Tale of Malifaux Bloggers - ToMB

Lemonconstruct

Been saying this on twitter, but WOW what amazing interest, great to see both old and new people joining in. Please remember if your names on the first post without a blog link let me know, otherwise we'll have no idea where to see your ToMB

Dumb question:

I've got piles and piles of models from 1.5 days that I never actually got around to assembling, painting or even using with blu-tac and bases.  it's perfectly ok to "pretend purchase" stuff for this and just break open old boxes/blisters equivalent to the month's budget?

I'm pretty interested in this idea, but haven't settled on a master/faction yet.

Will let you know master/faction and location of blog when I do commit.

[edit] I should read rules before asking dumb questions.  Rules on main blog linked by lemonconstruct essentially say I can "pretend purchase" stuff I already own at Wyrd store prices.

Hmmm, now to decide on a master/faction.

Yes this is completely fine :)

Thing is, it's a tiny cost, you don't need them as cards come with the new models, and second wave cards will be free anyway (until they get printed). So it seemed harsh to force the few people who are starting a wave 1 master who's plastic box isn't yet out to buy an arsenal deck from their allowance.

Therefore arsenal deck (if you want it) has been included in the "pre-requisite to play the game" pile, along with rulebooks, fate decks, tape measures, counters etc, which also don't count for the tale.

Yup, blisters cost full, so if I want to add a D Marshall, it's $24... Or I could save up 2 months and by the Lady J box.

As for the McMourning question, bear with us, I suspect the answer is "that's how the cookie crumbles". Could use them for some conversion (a guild hound and an executioner with a McMourning twist?)

If you buy a dual faction master, but can only use half of his box set how do you account for the loss in models. ie. Guild McMourning cannot take Flesh Golems or Canine Remains. That essentially cuts his crew in half.

following conversations, your gonna need to grin and bear it. My suggestions though is that you play him Resser Month 1 (so you can use box set) then switch over in month 2 when your gonna have enough funds to create him a guild crew.