it finally came...Po Boys Terrain crowdfunding live!

harbinger

Ok I said would not use this thread any more in respect to Wyrd. But as an important community member here pointed out on my FB page; not all here regularly check FB posts. I don't want anyone concerned or feeling out of the loop. So here is the current update.

I know many are waiting on an update concerning resolution of the production issue. I will not be giving that update tonight as I do not like what the answer would be and hoping can change it in a meeting I have scheduled tomorrow.

For those curious to the situation... The company that assembled the base wall panels and ship deck decided to change the adhesive used without consulting me. When company handling the cutting/engraving opened up the boxes to begin work they realized the adhesive started eating the foam sandwiched between the balsa cladding.

I immediately flew out to see the damage first hand. The panels are ruined beyond consideration. After screaming bloody murder and threatening every legal action I could think of to deaf ears.. We started cleaning off the foam and residue to save as much balsa as possible so could have new panels made. This proved futile as the cuter fears the adhesive soaked into the balsa and could be flammable resulting in potential fire hazard when they start cutting. Though Im not convinced this is even possible it is not my expensive equipment at risk.

So the current situation... Since I own the production rights to a balsa plantation, replacing the balsa is not an serious issue. The problem is missing the production slot I had scheduled with the cutter. Bluntly; Im not a large enough interest to have the weight to force them into delaying other projects already scheduled.

Unless I am able to contract another cutter to immediately start (I have a meeting tomorrow with a possible candidate,) the next slot will not open for 45 days.

In short, the project is not dead. At this point I am weighing quality versus deadline delay. Being a gamer myself, I refuse to sacrifice quality of the final product. A delay in something I paid for would **** me off. But a crap product that will sit on my gaming table for years would infuriate me a lot more then a temporary delay.

Many companies get caught between the same two rocks I find myself now. It is embarrassing for me to get caught between the rocks right at the start instead of it happening after the company has a few products under its belt and already proven itself; earning trust and patience from the client base. So Im just going to man up and accept the current issue bites and bull through. On bright side I learned a lot from this. Especially making sure a contract with a "foreign" company is detailed as possible and they are not left with holes to take advantage of.

Ok I said would not use this thread any more in respect to Wyrd. But as an important community member here pointed out on my FB page; not all here regularly check FB posts. I don't want anyone concerned or feeling out of the loop. So here is the current update.

I know many are waiting on an update concerning resolution of the production issue. I will not be giving that update tonight as I do not like what the answer would be and hoping can change it in a meeting I have scheduled tomorrow.

For those curious to the situation... The company that assembled the base wall panels and ship deck decided to change the adhesive used without consulting me. When company handling the cutting/engraving opened up the boxes to begin work they realized the adhesive started eating the foam sandwiched between the balsa cladding.

I immediately flew out to see the damage first hand. The panels are ruined beyond consideration. After screaming bloody murder and threatening every legal action I could think of to deaf ears.. We started cleaning off the foam and residue to save as much balsa as possible so could have new panels made. This proved futile as the cuter fears the adhesive soaked into the balsa and could be flammable resulting in potential fire hazard when they start cutting. Though Im not convinced this is even possible it is not my expensive equipment at risk.

So the current situation... Since I own the production rights to a balsa plantation, replacing the balsa is not an serious issue. The problem is missing the production slot I had scheduled with the cutter. Bluntly; Im not a large enough interest to have the weight to force them into delaying other projects already scheduled.

Unless I am able to contract another cutter to immediately start (I have a meeting tomorrow with a possible candidate,) the next slot will not open for 45 days.

In short, the project is not dead. At this point I am weighing quality versus deadline delay. Being a gamer myself, I refuse to sacrifice quality of the final product. A delay in something I paid for would **** me off. But a crap product that will sit on my gaming table for years would infuriate me a lot more then a temporary delay.

Many companies get caught between the same two rocks I find myself now. It is embarrassing for me to get caught between the rocks right at the start instead of it happening after the company has a few products under its belt and already proven itself; earning trust and patience from the client base. So Im just going to man up and accept the current issue bites and bull through. On bright side I learned a lot from this. Especially making sure a contract with a "foreign" company is detailed as possible and they are not left with holes to take advantage of.

Ok... It is with deep regret and sincere apologies I am confirming a delay in perk fulfillment across the board (paddleboat will be delayed as well BUT will be shipping with the starter/town sets.) I will be going with the original 3rd party cutter.

While very eager, the company I met with today actually uses a press cut out system (they make wooden puzzles.) Cost and time would have to be added to make the cutting dies; and risk of deformation around the cut edges is a quality issue I am not willing to deal with. As have said before... Id rather people be disappointed with me because of a delay; then curse me for years each time the lay terrain out.

Now the good news... Actually it is two part.

After viewing the process; I am contracting this new company to produce a few decorative parts I always wanted on the paddleboat and corner salon but had to drop. Think rails and crowns on the smoke stacks... So those with the two mentioned products will be in for a upgraded surprise.

Secondly; Ive been tossing around an idea for future Victorian and Modern terrain but was not sure how practical this idea would be in the real world. After explaining my vision to the "new" company; we was able to hammer out a new production method that will speed up and reduce price for the noted terrain.

I will be releasing details on the future terrain as soon as the perk rewards are shipped. Perk completion will remain my focus.

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

I can wait, prefer a better product over a quicker product (though hopefully not a Relic Knights type wait :)

Wow.. I just looked up what you was referring to out of curiosity. Too many Resser players here with warped ideas for me to risk that kind of stunt....

Ok... It is with deep regret and sincere apologies I am confirming a delay in perk fulfillment across the board (paddleboat will be delayed as well BUT will be shipping with the starter/town sets.) I will be going with the original 3rd party cutter.

While very eager, the company I met with today actually uses a press cut out system (they make wooden puzzles.) Cost and time would have to be added to make the cutting dies; and risk of deformation around the cut edges is a quality issue I am not willing to deal with. As have said before... Id rather people be disappointed with me because of a delay; then curse me for years each time the lay terrain out.

Now the good news... Actually it is two part.

After viewing the process; I am contracting this new company to produce a few decorative parts I always wanted on the paddleboat and corner salon but had to drop. Think rails and crowns on the smoke stacks... So those with the two mentioned products will be in for a upgraded surprise.

Secondly; Ive been tossing around an idea for future Victorian and Modern terrain but was not sure how practical this idea would be in the real world. After explaining my vision to the "new" company; we was able to hammer out a new production method that will speed up and reduce price for the noted terrain.

I will be releasing details on the future terrain as soon as the perk rewards are shipped. Perk completion will remain my focus.

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

I can wait, prefer a better product over a quicker product (though hopefully not a Relic Knights type wait :)

Wow.. I just looked up what you was referring to out of curiosity. Too many Resser players here with warped ideas for me to risk that kind of stunt....

Saw your updates on FB. Your candor is appreciated and I'd rather a late product than a poor quality one. Best of luck with turning this around.

Delay is unfortunate, but your quick communication and candor more than make up for it. 45 days of delay on a crowdfunding project is very low in the scheme of things.

This and this.

I'm much more willing to deal with a producer/company that communicates well with it's clients about issues and keeps them in the loop than with one that keeps their mouth shut and delivers an inferior product than expected.

Good luck with everything!

Saw your updates on FB. Your candor is appreciated and I'd rather a late product than a poor quality one. Best of luck with turning this around.

Delay is unfortunate, but your quick communication and candor more than make up for it. 45 days of delay on a crowdfunding project is very low in the scheme of things.

This and this.

I'm much more willing to deal with a producer/company that communicates well with it's clients about issues and keeps them in the loop than with one that keeps their mouth shut and delivers an inferior product than expected.

Good luck with everything!