it finally came...Po Boys Terrain crowdfunding live!

harbinger

ok Im a bit excited, got call today from customs to come pick up a package my minions sent me. Wanted to share it first with my fellow Malifauxians. Sample western building from the manufacturer...

First the obligatory un-boxing...

6i0.JPG

Interior shot

plc3.jpg

exterior

4u5p.jpg

assemble time from box... 5 seconds

For any late comers that dont feel like reading entire thread; these buildings are now in production and can check out the funding project with the link in my signature or here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/po-boys-terrain/x/5451288

Edited by harbinger
  • Like 1

Thirded. Where does this magical terrain come from?

Well..... as some have seen on here my favorite party of the hobby is terrain making. Ive always made comments of how I would love to produce pieces for a living.... Im proud to say Ive finally stopped dreaming, got off my lazy ass and did something about it.

What your seeing is the sample from the manufacturer that will handle creating the base material as well as the cutting/etching, sent to show they can handle the orders to my specs. (the kit was then prepped and finished by my team as will be delivered to customer.. based stained and unpainted.)

I approved the quality today and just finished transferring the DXF files for the other buildings that will be in the initial release. After going over the files they should have a quote to me by end of business day (which will morning for US gamers) on bulk orders. Then me and my partner can finalize the prices for the start up kickstarter which I hope to have up and running in a day or two.

Im most excited about the stretch goals.. I think a few you would be quite excited as well... anyone want a little hint.....?

Are they magnetized?

Anyway they look great and if the price is right I'll be getting some.

yes they are magnetized :) My partner (who will be handling the books as Im just a lowly little designer) forbids me to give out price estimations until we get quotes back with prices for different volumes. I will say this... they will be significantly cheaper then the current MDF ones on the market. Actually cheaper then you could buy the balsa and build yourself because of the deal Ive made.

Can you show a pic with a malifaux mini for scale? I would definitely be interested in this kickstarter. are you planning other types of buildings, or just western style? really looking to do a Victorian town table.

Sorry not home atm to take a shot (we are out having a few celebratory beers :P ) for now you can get idea looking at this thread

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?36564-crapy-pics-of-terrain-lt-image-heavy-gt

That is same scale I use for all my buildings.

I dont want go into too much info here as dont want upset the Wyrd staff using their forums for a commercial project... I have all the respect for them.

The initial products for the startup will be western, next stage will be some swamp building or Victorian.. depending which focus customers prefer. Ive been working on designs for both for awhile.

Yeah, I'd totally buy these!

Also, count me in as another vote for Victorian style city buildings. I really want to play games actually set in Malifaux proper with the large looming gothic buildings. So many boards, even Malifaux-specific ones all seem to be Western themed which is cool but totally misses the whole other half of the flavor.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd totally buy these!

Also, count me in as another vote for Victorian style city buildings. I really want to play games actually set in Malifaux proper with the large looming gothic buildings. So many boards, even Malifaux-specific ones all seem to be Western themed which is cool but totally misses the whole other half of the flavor.

I think it is safe to say the people have spoken.. the next set will be my take on Malifaux city itself. My designs will be more Victorian/Gothic then whats currently out there for Mali. I started with western for few reason.. for one they are lot easier to contract 3rd party cutting. I refuse to do a proper city unless I do it right; which the moldings/buttresses will require some resin parts.

On the upside.. tomorrow should be D-Day :) We have prices nailed down; as a teaser.. the building shown will come in just under 4 dollars as shown (pitch roof option will cost 1$ more due to difference in materials used.) Im currently redoing blueprint images for the other buildings as I almost messed up and used vector artwork that was basically giving ability for someone to reproduce my DXF files. I worked too hard on them to allow that ;)

• Like 1

4 bucks, wow, very cool...wait these aren't the ones that instantly self destruct after 10 games, are they? And, they're definitely NOT made of radioactive contaminated materials either, right? ;)

Looking forward to the KS and even more so for any Victorian/Gothic city buildings that might be coming in the future.