Tara as a resurrectionist

micahwc

Theres been some good discussion on the outcast forum about Tara, but not as much here. I was just wondering how people will use her as a ressurectionist. Personally, I am waiting eagerly for the next beta wave as the only other ressurectionists I own are Yan Lo's box set. The only outcasts I have are Taelor and the Convict Gunslinger.

Anyway, how are you using her as a resurrectionist? What kind of minions does she work well with? What are your lists looking like?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres been some good discussion on the outcast forum about Tara, but not as much here. I was just wondering how people will use her as a ressurectionist. Personally, I am waiting eagerly for the next beta wave as the only other ressurectionists I own are Yan Lo's box set. The only outcasts I have are Taelor and the Convict Gunslinger.

Anyway, how are you using her as a resurrectionist? What kind of minions does she work well with? What are your lists looking like?

Her in box synergy is good enough that I think we may see her with similar crews regardless of faction depending on stone level. With "Dead of Winter", you can be running the void wretches even as a rezzer, making the crew 28 stones just running the box and the one upgrade, and DoW will likely have you running some undead death marshals for another 6 to 18 stones, and then you'll want do e upgrades as well. Even as a rezzer, I'll likely only run the Hanged or one other true other rezzer model.

I'm waiting for however the Rogue Necro and Izamu come out. The better crews I've seen pretty much treat Tarta like a mini dreamer and use her as a vehicle to toss a massive monster right into your lines, and then let it activate right after she goes. I personally don't find bete to be as worth her oat and the 1 card tax you have to pay by keeping a high card on reserve for her to justify bringing her, but if Izamu and or the Necro are decent I'll more than happily run them with a Resser Tara and just fling it right into the opponent's teeth.

You have to treat the Nothing Best like a pretty pretty princess until it's time for him to do some damage.

You can do this with belles. And more belles. Then some belles after that.

I'm not overly impressed with the Wretches, but I guess I need to use them more. I'm going to try to make a Tara resser list that doesn't use Dead of Winter. But I don't think it'll be viable until wave 2 releases, for reasons Fetid has said.

I'm willing to bet our in house beatsticks will be more survivable and do roughly the same damage as Nothing Beast.

Pull the Void. Its on her upgrades. Also, pinebox. can't go wrong with pinebox.

By the time pine box is around you've already paid for Dead of Winter. Knowledge of Eternity though I guess i just didn't see. So then I guess the strategy is to use Pull of the Void on a beater to give it fast AND bury it, then spring it like some kind of horrible jack in the box next turn. That would go really well with Eternal Moment, assuming you can keep landing initiative.

I've been running her as outcast so far for one primary reason.

I like to bring two Marshals and two big hitters. The Nothing Beast is an obvious hitter #1. Right now I've been defaulting to Taelor as my second hitter, in part because my local meta is construct-heavy, but also because I prefer her to Bete. Once we see some of the bigger resser hitters in wave 2, like Rogue Necro, Izamu, Dead Rider, then I know I'll be switching over to using her as a resser. Since I consider Dead of Winter an auto include for Marshals, it's not a big deal to bring it for the rest of her crew anyways, and I think resser minions are better and more varied for her than outcasts currently.

Trouble is the glimpse the void trigger on accacks and pull of the void only allows you to bury if there is nothing else burried, meaning Bette can become a bit of a pain at times.

Deffo think that pine box is the way to go, also belles and necropunks are good for objective.

It seems that as an outcast she has better access to hitters suck as Taelor or Bishop (although both are Mercs) but for me Ressers have better objective grabber / manipulators with the Belles, dogs and necropunks.

As Malicite says it will be interesting to see what wave 2 brings for the Ressers.

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Anyone tried taking the grave spirit in place of Karina? armour on the nothing beast sounds fun.

Really have a hard time wrapping my head around Karina, her whole deal seem pretty much based on screwing with buried enemy models, but since burying enemies is a lot harder than it seems, she ends up becoming a glorified gun, that her death marshal summon is so horribly hard to actually use, at least in a resser crew, doesn't help either.

I see her more as a piece to help keep stuff buried via long forgotten magics. If something dies within her Long Forgotten Magic Aura she does what she needs to, and now it counts as sacrificed, so nothing un buries.

But that said the most effective Tara lists relly don't care about burying an opponent, unless that bury is incidental, its a neat trick, but nothing something she actually tries to use much. The most effective lists I've seen capitalize on the fact that she can bury how own things, and then unbury them later and let them go right away. She basically functions as a different sort of dreamer. Bury something that is big and nasty, and then throw it at the opponent and let it activate right away.

I see her more as a piece to help keep stuff buried via long forgotten magics. If something dies within her Long Forgotten Magic Aura she does what she needs to, and now it counts as sacrificed, so nothing un buries.

That interaction never even occurred to me. Her upgrade suddenly makes sense!