Any idea about shipping costs?

Kalkris

hey all,

I am looking to get NE Tara, the rulebook, 4 arsenal packs and a Seamus box at the online store during GenCon, and I am wondering how much it would feasibly be to ship this, at cheapest rate, to NY. I am hoping it isn't more than $18, but if it is I may have to omit some stuff, which will stink. So does anyone have a possible quote for the shipping for these goods? >_>

Thanks!

~Lil Kalki

Ugh, FeDex again and no other options...

Nightmare Tara and nothing else $27.42 in shipping via FeDex Ground

(no effin idea how they plan to "ground" ship to an island...)

Viks (Hired Swords box) also $27.42 by itself.

M2E book by itself $30.31.

It's worse than some of the international rates I've seen posted...

This feels like last year's fiasco (where I recall mentioning that I would never give Fedex business again, which I guess means I'm not ordering anything from Wyrd until they offer a non-Fedex option)...

Wyrd, please please please offer USPS again.

Yes, I'm whining.

Glad I asked about GenCon orders, because I had no idea they were open today. Anyway, to conclude, my shipping was ~$13.50. Thanks all!

~Lil Kalki

I did up an order for the book and Tara set and was disappointed with that price, so I tried swapping out the book for DMs to hit the $100 mark...the shipping cost was nearly the same.

FedEx sucks for consumers, but I am sure that the folks at Wyrd are happy to have FedEx do the pick ups directly from their warehouse.

I did up an order for the book and Tara set and was disappointed with that price, so I tried swapping out the book for DMs to hit the $100 mark...the shipping cost was nearly the same.

FedEx sucks for consumers, but I am sure that the folks at Wyrd are happy to have FedEx do the pick ups directly from their warehouse.

That's odd. USPS is also ready, willing, and able to pick up entire shipper box pallets of packages each evening from a warehouse, and they even drop off fresh pallets of stacks of unfolded boxes for free. They only charge for the actual shipping fees, which vary based on the customer's shipping preferences, the weight and size of the package, and whether or not flatrate boxes are used. I'd say that at the greenhouse I worked at, 99% of each day's orders went out via USPS, with only a dozen or so boxes on any given day being shipped via UPS or Fedex, both of which would swing by to pick them up.

The warehouse crew consisted of:

Two or three people working in the office who would print out two copies of each of the orders, highlighting things like flatrate or UPS on the top copy.

Two or three people pulling the appropriate items from around the greenhouse, putting them into trays along with the two copies of the orders.

About a dozen people who would grab a tray at a time (or a couple at a time for smaller orders), take them back to their work station, pack them into an appropriately sized box (which, lemme tell you, wrapping and packing plants, especially cactus, is nowhere as easy as slapping a couple of preboxed miniatures into another box), sign and date the orders, place one copy in the box, seal the box, tape the other copy on the outside with just a small strip of masking tape, carry it over to the cash register, key it in, and drop the package off in the office (or on the front counter for UPS). Rinse, wash, repeat until there are no more orders left for that day.

The same two or three people working in the office then weigh the boxes, charge the customer the appropriate shipping amount, bill the customer, stack up the completed order sheets, place the completed packages in a USPS shipper box neatly, ensuring that it is completely full, taping the full shippers closed, setting up new shipper boxes when needed.

If a family owned greenhouse can do this year-round, anyone can.

Oh, and nearly everyone pulled extra duty of unloading supply trucks, planting / replanting the flora, etc. So there was really only downtime on someone's birthday or as a working food break near a major holiday. When the work was done for the day, we went home, with various people working shorter shifts as need be.

Edited by i_was_like_you

For Holland, and probably major part of Europe then, these are the shipping costs:

- Minimum shipping cost $10

- Book: $22 shipping

- Arsenal Pack: $3,30 shipping

- Crew Box (non-Tara): $3,50 shipping

- Tara Box: $4,20 shipping

- Fate Deck: $2,20 shipping

Just add up all the shipping costs of the items you ordered, and that's the shipping. Remember min shipping cost $10.

Yeah, book is expensive, but on the other side the cost in Euro's for the base products is actually quite good. I don't mind paying more if I can get my book asap, and ofcourse the Miss models!