Individual Cards

xGIxJOKERx

Are there any plans to make individual M2E cards available from the web store? I know the 1.5 ones were available for $.50 (with a shipping of $10, but that is another conversation.) I would like to add them in with a bigger order as the only first wave Neverborn one I need is Teddy and maybe some upgrades. Other people are probably in the same boat with mercs and such.

Wyrd hasn't announced any plans to continue selling cards in singles. Considering they stopped doing so in V1.5 after the release of book 3 (you couldn't buy stat cards for book 3 or 4 models) I'd personally doubt this will be possible going forward.

On the plus side, the faction decks (wave 1 being released at Gencon and wave 2 January-ish next year) are pretty reasonably priced at $8.

Wyrd hasn't announced any plans to continue selling cards in singles. Considering they stopped doing so in V1.5 after the release of book 3 (you couldn't buy stat cards for book 3 or 4 models) I'd personally doubt this will be possible going forward.

On the plus side, the faction decks (wave 1 being released at Gencon and wave 2 January-ish next year) are pretty reasonably priced at $8.

The issue with that is that $8 isn't really all that reasonable for 1 or 2 cards...it's great if you want 1 crew or so from the faction(and get the right wave) but if you only need one card, that's expensive. and if you aren't lucky enough to live next to someone who needs other cards from the faction, but not the cards you need, you're S.O.L.

The issue with that is that $8 isn't really all that reasonable for 1 or 2 cards...it's great if you want 1 crew or so from the faction(and get the right wave) but if you only need one card, that's expensive. and if you aren't lucky enough to live next to someone who needs other cards from the faction, but not the cards you need, you're S.O.L.

With the shipping costs to most places in the world for single cards, I think it will end up far cheaper for people anywhere that is not Central America. Also I don't think it will be that hard to pick up spares off friends, or split boxes.

With the shipping costs to most places in the world for single cards, I think it will end up far cheaper for people anywhere that is not Central America.

But you can pack it with other goods ordered and then there is no plus cost on shipping for a single card or 10. So this is not a very good argument against single cards.

Better would be: With so many cards in Malifaux, the logistic costs associated with this would be so horrible for us that it is really a no go option businesswise. We could do it for the first book but now the system is too big to handle this. :)

But you can pack it with other goods ordered and then there is no plus cost on shipping for a single card or 10. So this is not a very good argument against single cards.

Better would be: With so many cards in Malifaux, the logistic costs associated with this would be so horrible for us that it is really a no go option businesswise. We could do it for the first book but now the system is too big to handle this. :)

I was really talking as a customer in the UK (rather than someone that works for Wyrd), We rarely order directly from Wyrd if we can get it in store, due to shipping costs. So cards were only really viable when we were ordering from Gencon, and that was once a year. With Arsenal Boxes it's SO much easier for us as we can just pop down our LGS, or find someone that has the card left over that doesn't have the crew you need cards from.

(I'm sure it is also much more sensible logistically, but I don't work from head office)

The arsenal boxes are a real good value beings @ the old price 50 cents a pop 8 bucks nets you 16 cards. The arsenals contain more than that. As someone who never ordered cards under the old system. I like that now for a very small price I can have access to all the cards for a faction. Its something I've wanted for a long time and its a win.

I'm not saying that arsenal boxes are a bad idea. I like arsenal boxes. I just wish I could get individual cards in addition. when I only need one card, getting a bunch of extra cards is not really a bonus. And 8.00 for the one card I really need is not all that great a deal.

Given that among the options I'll have available, either I will be the only one who wants cards from the faction, or the cards I want will be the same cards that the other people near me will want, I will have to buy the entire deck for 1 or 2 models. This is not optimal, but it is definitely better than not getting anything, and I understand why Wyrd might not make them available individually.

That being said, I'd be happy if they said they would only ship individual cards with orders of $20 or more, as well, if it is just a shipping issue. I'm fine with the add-on program at amazon, so why not with cards?

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Individual cards won't be for sale in the online store for M2E.

As I said, I understand why you are doing this. it just makes me sad. Oh well.

:+fate

As another UK customer I order from Wyrd HQ once a year at GenCon.

And with it I usually ask for a little personalised touch. I got a St Patrick's Day drawing on my order form. #nojoke

D.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Good question Hapless Peon. My guess would be the cards will be in the arsenal box that matches with the Beta stat card separation. ie Misaki appeared in 10T stat PDF so she will be in 10T arsenal box.

D.

Will Dual Faction cards be in both Faction Arsenal Boxes?

Do I buy Outcasts or 10 Thunders to get Misaki.

I believe with the new rules, Misaki will no longer be an outcast option and will only be available in Ten Thunders. I thought I read (a long time ago) that her Outcast stat card would become obsolete. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty positive I read that when the beta started.

I believe with the new rules, Misaki will no longer be an outcast option and will only be available in Ten Thunders. I thought I read (a long time ago) that her Outcast stat card would become obsolete. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty positive I read that when the beta started.

Minion Misaki is gone. Master Misaki will be dual faction in M2e

D.

I was wondering how you get the neutral cards, only in the faction deck? If that's so, why are the cards included with the miniatures?

If I start a new faction for M2E I need the arsenal pack for the generic upgrades. Then I buy boxes and get all the model cards double.

Just a mind fart I had :)

My only "gripe" as it were is for the specialty minis, i.e. all the Miss's and the Nightmare variants.(I own Nightmare Justice crew, and both Miss Demenior and Miss Terious) Again, I understand that logistically it just won't work to to 2.0 reprints for all the variants, it just bugs the OCD part of me....