Future of Ours MalifauX experience

caen

With M2E going official are You plan (based on what we know from current state of Beta Tests) to:

1. Fully Embrace M2E
  2. Play M2E but regret the loss of “Old Feeling”of Malifaux 1.5
  3. Play both versions
  4. Against all odds still play Malifaux 1.5
  5. Quit playing Malifaux

I am simply curious how many people and to what degree are happy (or not) becouse of M2E.

Edited by caen

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fully embrace.

There will of course be some nostalgia for me since I've been playing so long, but I choose to pull as much fun as I can from M2E and in order to do that I think letting go of the past is the only option. Being hung up on what was lost will leave me feeling like an Enslaved Nephilim with a big ol' ball and chain.

Being hung up on what was lost will leave me feeling like an Enslaved Nephilim with a big ol' ball and chain.

Good metaphor!

I will stick to v1.5 - because with M2E I feel like somebody cut me wings off ;)

ive embraced the busty new ruleset that is me2 and after a very rocky start we have fallen for each other. I choose to move forward and continue to love one of the most interesting worlds in asll of gaming. Now with a competitive ruleset that will fundamentally change our perconcieved notions. The paradiagn shifted the sooner you embrace the better it gets.

If you told me a while ago i'd be saying that i would have told people there nutz.

I was sceptical as many about the new edition but am now convinced this is a good way to proceed forward. Do have two boo boos, though.

I am not too happy with the whole upgrade mechanic. The little bit of variety is not sufficient for me to see why models cannot just have some of the rules, albeit altered, on their profile card instead. It just doesn't get into my head. Also it takes more time in build up... Yes. Complaining about 1-2 minutes. Rawr!

Big issue I have is the ridiculous amount of conditions. Keeping track of them is a chore, though we did have similar issues in the older version. Though not that many models would dish out conditions upon other models or themselves as such. It's iffy.

I wish there was an "I don't know yet" option.

There are things I like in 2.0, but honestly, 25-30SS games are my favorite, and I really like team games and I feel like 2.0 has largely missed the boat on both fronts there.

So, we'll see.

I suspect that many of the non-2.0 folks will not have seen this post anyway, so who knows what the results may mean.

I also have specific suspicions about the perceived state of balance in v2 that I'd rather not get into.

I've seen whats happened and been said to others for thoughts similar to mine and I have no interest in turning my occasional hobby into a point of aggravation.

I will say this...

If the right people took up v1 and implements some of the sought after changes that sat in the forums for years and certain key people came back and Wyrd gave it a smidge of support, I'd likely remain a customer for years to come.

As it stands... We'll see.

Edited by PierceSternum

Can't wait for the official 2nd Ed release. No longer will I have to be embarrassed when bringing in new players, telling them to ignore more than half of the Master abilities and strictly enforcing what they use in demo games. My dyslexic friend will have a chance of being able to hold whole cards in their memory rather than painstakingly reading tiny print, and the game's beauty will be visible in the first or second game rather than the eighth.

What I won't miss is the disjointed growing pains of Book 2, the rules writers having to scramble and correct their hard work on Dreamer and Hamelin, and Von Schill appearing in every single crew.

It's been a pleasure to experience the openness and level-headedness displayed within the beta, and I can actually look at my favourite character's card and see changes that I voted for alongside many others. 1.5 was the best game I had to play, but now I have a cleaner version that I can play with others without punishing them for overlooking minor details on stat cards.

Sad to say, but I don't know.

I play with 7 other players with one degree of regularity or another. Of the 4 regulars, one is selling off all his crews, one is contemplating selling off his second faction, one is neck deep in a new business, and one seems to have some enthusiasm for 2E.

While there's certainly the option that the one player and I adopt 2E, it'd mean such infrequent games as to make investing in the new faction decks, books and figures cost prohibitive. As in, it's one thing to drop a chunk of change when you know a weekend of shenanigans might involve 2-3 tables set up and a half dozen games (or more) between them. It's another thing when it's a 'once in a blue moon' kind of event.

My participation isn't entirely contingent upon the group fully adopting, but only 1 or 2 others would put a severe damper on my enthusiasm, for sure. I've played a couple of 2E games, have liked a few things here and there, but I'm not sure if general apathy/malaise/outright hostility within the local players is a boulder I'm willing to push uphill.

Personally I am all in.

Firstly v2 is the latest version so like it or lump it tht is the game. Secondly, whilst I have only played a limited number of games, it still feels like malifaux to me. Yes there are differences but I don't feel there is anything that detracts from the game. In fact I do think the changes are for the better. so lets go for it!