So Excited for M2E Beta!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also say that if you're right, the only thing that you lose is getting new models every year, you can still play 1.5.

It's funny, but I've seen this brought up a few times, and even as someone who only runs one faction (but owns almost all of it), I look at my carrying case and just have to shrug. I've been playing for a year and a half now or so, and I still have figures that haven't even hit the table, or only see highly infrequent play. I feel pretty safe saying that between a mix of terrain layouts, opponents (I'm lucky enough to have over half a dozen players in my gaming crew), game sizes, master combinations, strategies, schemes, and an emphasis on eventually using things other than our go-to figures, we could probably play out Malifaux for years and years without even putting a dent in the sheer versatility possible.

You can change the game pretty significantly with nothing more than a 5 soul stone increase or decrease, all else being equal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still cautiously optimistic, and expect to spend most of this evening chewing through the beta info and digesting it as I see what has changed between the editions and how those interactions will in turn change the game (on the micro and macro levels), but if my group collectively throws up their hands and demands 1.5 only... well, I guess I'll just have to buy figures based on appearances more than anything. Maybe proxy some new ones for old ones. Or hell, see how hard it is to compare an entire faction and see if it's possible (in a balanced manner) to 1.5ify some 2.0 new stuff.

Knee-jerk reactions to rules changes are unavoidable. We all do it.

But seriously, after all that reading and digesting, be sure to play a lot of games. Reading and theory-ing never end up being the same as actual game play. Play it, then play it some more, then tell them what you think needs improved.

The stuff isn't set in stone yet; they are still tweaking based on feedback from actual game play, before they end up sending it to the printers in July (I think it's July). Help make it better before its off to the printers!

I know a lot of people are excited about M2E, but I'm not. Perhaps I want to be the first to say, "I told you all so", but I play this game as well so if I'm right we all lose. I liked 1.5 and the sweeping changes in 2.0 I fell are extreme and unnecessary. I guess well see soon enough.

Nighthater

Something tells me you're going to say that anyway *wink*

And you, Ausplosions, will say 2.0 is the best thing to happen to minis regardless of what is posted.

Which i'm hoping/guessing will be pretty neato.

I think recent advances in injection molded plastic are the best thing to happen to minis. I'll settle for 2.0 being the best thing to happen to Malifaux.

The irony here, is that Justin is trying to setup some forum stuff.

But cus so many people are F5'ing, its slowing down the forums.

So that's making things take longer.

I find that HILARIOUS.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

I find that HILARIOUS.

I find that HILARIOUS.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

I find that HILARIOUS.

easy for you to say... for you to say...

MACK!

Now people will know I had a hand in the new edition...

That will give them reason to like it more, no?

Or you'll be held accountable for every thing they don't like that makes it through to release.

No pressure or anything. Not like your interpersonal relationships now hang in the balance of something utterly beyond your control.