Malifaux ModelTracker

Mako

Oh, it's going to be a world of fun for him! Do not envy him that at all.

I'm going to look into making it generate a list of every model you own that can go in a faction, but I'm not going to stress over it. If it annoys me then I'll just not do it! But I do like a challenge, keeps me occupied. This isn't a project I allow to stress me, it's a mess about that helps me see how my collection is doing.

You sir, have way too much time on your hands. Of course, I'm one to talk with my doing random math equations just to kill time. Hazards of being a math geek/teacher. (Would probably help if I was an employed math teacher, but what can you do.)

Anyway, I'm off to bed as I have work very early in the morning and it is rather physically demanding. Must keep my energies up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I figure it's time for a little update, given the edition change.

I've been working on it some more, mostly making sure that the new bits work in both excel 2010 and 97-03 form (they didn't at first, annoyingly).

The up to date version of the tracker, that I haven't uploaded as yet, has the wave 1 M2E models in it. When the wave 2 beta starts, I'll be able to put the second wave stuff in (with the working soulstone costs, of course) and then I'll upload it. I'll have to do another update when the beta ends, of course, but that will just be a list page update, not a complete rework of the front end.

This does mean that until the beta starts, anyone with old and new models is stuck on the old one, and any new models like tara won't be in there at the moment. It's a little pointless to put up a reorganised list now though, when it's only a month ish to the second wave.

No problem, it's bugging me no end not having a tracker that works for both old and new stuff, especially since I bought a pile of models at gencon!

Will be good to get the model list filled out once the beta starts up again. Course, the soulstone counts will most likely be off, but that can be fixed later, once they're done.

• 3 weeks later...

Question for folks, because I don't have encyclopedic knowledge of the models and hiring rules - are there any models that can be hired by more than two factions?

Beckoners are of course neverborn, with Lynch hiring them into 10T, and there's lots of that kind of thing, but is there anything that's capable of ending up in three factions? (NOT including mercs, they're their own pain in the whatnot...)

Obviously we don't have all the info yet, but if there's one that exists currently, that kind of answers the question enough, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Good new, folks - I've updated the ModelTracker to M2E, including the costs for all the beta wave 2 models.

I won't be updating this every week, but it will get an update at the end of the beta with any changes.

This means you can now get the shiny new version from the first post, complete with more tracking and two cells in the summary page that you can copy and paste into the forum to give this:

Total: 110 models, 538 soulstones across 10 masters in 6 factions. 27% painted

and this:

"Guild: 20 models (1 master), 106 soulstones, 35 % painted.

Resurrectionists: 25 models (2 masters), 99 soulstones, 64 % painted.

Arcanists: 28 models (2 masters), 143 soulstones, 14 % painted.

Neverborn: 5 models (0 masters), 26 soulstones, 0 % painted.

Outcasts: 14 models (2 masters), 71 soulstones, 0 % painted.

10 Thunders: 18 models (3 masters), 93 soulstones, 17 % painted.

No Gremlins."

There's instructions for it, but mostly it's the same as it was except with the ability to track the number of masters you have and give you and easy copy and paste status report.

As usual, let me know if there's a problem or mistake with it!

• Like 1

Ah, google drive. wonder if I can make it work in that too... I know I can't on the ipad due to the data validation not working... when I get some time I'll have a look and see if I can figure something out.

And thanks! Hopefully it's useful enough for folks to upgrade and put their stuff in again (you can copy and paste a lot of the input columns across from the old one, but the model names may have changed a bit and some stuff has moved faction)

• 2 months later...

Huh, totally forgot transmortis, thanks for pointing that out!

Once the wave 2 beta is done, I'll add in those guys and adjust every model's cost (and name in various cases) so it's right.

The avatars will be coming in an update after that, as they're going into open beta sometime after wave 2. I've left them out as I don't have info on names or costs for them at the moment. They will get added eventually though.

Quick thought while I'm making notes on alterations I need to make when the wave 2 beta ends - would folks prefer the drop down menus as they are (Masters and their totems, generic totems, henchmen, minions) or would it be easier if I split the enforcers off from the minions?

It won't affect the ones people have already put in, it would just reorder the drop down a little.

I kind of like having the specific totems tethered to the masters (although HD messes that up of course...), but it could be switched round to match the book more. The original idea was to have the master, avatar and totem together but if it would be more useful for people I can split them off without too much messing.

Hadn't thought of peons, but if I split it I could separate both enforcers and peons.

• 1 month later...
I kind of like having the specific totems tethered to the masters (although HD messes that up of course...), but it could be switched round to match the book more. The original idea was to have the master, avatar and totem together but if it would be more useful for people I can split them off without too much messing.

Hadn't thought of peons, but if I split it I could separate both enforcers and peons.

Does that account for the various models with alts?

The nightmare and miss models should all be in there, underneath their normal versions. If I've missed one let me know and I'll add it when I update the tracker file at the end of the beta wave in a few weeks.

If you mean alts as in alternate sculpts rather than the gencon specials, they just get counted in the normal box - it would end up being hugely unwieldy to list each sculpt variant individually, so alt plastic perdita, metal perdita and plastic crew box perdita just go in as 3 perditas.