SC's new Malifaux painting thread (post-switch to white)

SpiralngCadavr

Thanks, she's from Kingdom Death- the line's a touch larger than Malifaux (but if you're interested in using them with Malifaux and are fine with Wyrd's occasional oversized model, these would be well within that margin of off-scale).

I haven't gotten my first game in yet, but I've been reading up, and the game looks to be fairly straightforward rules (d10-based), but with a huge amount of variation as it's focused on a campaign system, so it's all about the gear/skills/injuries (a few of the stats are each basically their own XP mini-system, even).

• 2 weeks later...

They make pretty cool miniatures I suppose.. But the whole cocks flying out of the asses of the monsters and all that.. Well it's a bit much :D I just saw another picture where I went "What? There's nothing super weird going on here?" and the the miniature was flipped around and there was hands crawling out of it's butthole. :D What the hell is the matter with those sculptors? :P 

• Like 2

Ha! Pretty sure it's actually the owner/designer who's obsessed with the whole too many [pick your body part here]. I mean, the physical setting is some sort of landscape of stone faces cribbed from Berserk.

And yeah, some of the weird stuff is right up my alley when it comes to body horror or occasionally just regular-old fantasy/horror, but some of them are just too much.

They were pretty smart in leaving all of the absolute weirdest stuff out of the core game, since it's obviously not everyone's thang.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...and what that head was moving towards becoming. Another WIP (of course withnotes)

Built it for kingdom death, but I'm definitely using it for malifaux, too, since creepy stone architecture will fit nicely in my badlands etc. board, what with the archaeology/neverborn vibes. Also, the dias is almost exactly the size for "the slightly more than a foot diameter" objective rings.

dias%2Baction%2Bwip.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Next up, the Messenger of the First Story, a similar piece playing with two opposed colors of lighting, was trying her around the same time as the Dreamer. Not sure about the dark areas (it was hard when the shadow would naturally fall mostly on her face, so a bit of artificiality there) but I think the light sources themselves came out pretty nicely. (Notes)

messenger%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bfirst%2Bstory.jpg

I saw your dreamer in the Rotten Harvest - immediately knew it was you and remember thinking that it reminded me of "some crazy Akira anime kinda shit going on here" - haha!

Awesome stuff - always interested to see what you put out - mostly

because its so different from what you typically see. :) 

• Like 1

Thanks, all!

Luscious is right- the bird's huge, around an 8" wing span. It could just barely fit on a 50mm and balance, but would dwarf the largest of Malifaux guys- the body w/o wings would be around as large as the upper end of malifaux monsters. (So, you could do it if you wanted an epically huge Emissary.) They'll probably never be on sale on their own, but there'll be lots of KS backers who don't need two, I expect (KS provided another but no rules for 2 in game at once).