A big fat Book 5 Speculation thread.

Jonas Albrecht

OK...pirates. Kind of flogged to death at the moment. Next you will start asking for a school boy arcanist master with duct tape holding his glasses together or HOBBITS! I mean, I like pirates...but really? Oh well, nobody would force me to buy them I suppose...

Do we have a big game hunter yet?

How about some Australian themed stuff (Gremlin wearing a bucket on his head called Ned, or DROP BEARS). Ahhhhhhhh...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got to admit, I'm perfectly happy without ever having pirates in Malifaux. I never understood the obsession. But in any case, you might get away with raiders in boats in the bayou, so far I think its basically the only possible setting for anything resembling the stereotypical game pirate. You could change the setting to put in an ocean or a flourishing river trade but it seems a little excessive to fit in a new crew.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Does Malifaux even have any large bodies of water? Obviously there's enough available however to sustain life in a reasonably sized population, but aside from swamps and blizzards I don't recall any tales on the high seas just yet.

That said, I've only read the fluff of books 1, 2 and half of 3, so I admit in advance that I may be mere pages from exactly that.

I am through 1,2,3 and part of 4 But just b/c so far there hasn't been any High Seas stories doesn't mean there can't be! Thay Just don't have that Master yet that is why you haven't read about it yet!

We know there is an Sea somewhere, because Molly went there on the first ship built in Malifaux whilst reporting for the Daily Record (Chronicles number 2)

Got to admit, I'm perfectly happy without ever having pirates in Malifaux. I never understood the obsession. But in any case, you might get away with raiders in boats in the bayou, so far I think its basically the only possible setting for anything resembling the stereotypical game pirate. You could change the setting to put in an ocean or a flourishing river trade but it seems a little excessive to fit in a new crew.

The big deal about Pirates is this

When was the last time you ever saw a ninja with wenches?

But we get plenty of wenches in Malifaux without the pirates, so why do we need them? (Don't get then thing with ninjas either)

Wasn't the big boat Molly went on a riverboat designed for the bayou? At least that was my understanding but I might have been mistaken there.

there can never be enough Wenches!

Though I am the person that is planing on having every female Master and have turned my Ortega crew into all women (aside from Papa....) I might even use Rusty Alice as Samantha Hopkins......

Edited by Pride365

turned into? some of those guys just won't be pretty no matter how much surgery they get....I mean have you seen Francisco's adam's apple?

Who said anything about surgery?? The Ortegas are Malifaux's first illustrious drag family.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

I dunno, "take Earth thing, put in Malifaux" sounds a bit bland.

Call them something else, make them a Neverborn crew, and bam your done

Who said anything about surgery?? The Ortegas are Malifaux's first illustrious drag family.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Call them something else, make them a Neverborn crew, and bam your done

Well then, your work is already done. You don't get much more Amazonian that Lilith or Lady J.

Well, without the breast removal, anyway.