Baby Kade????

GTDemon777

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to like Baby Kade, but I always seem to put something else into my Pandora Crews instead. Theoretically, he's got a solid statline -- good Cb, great Df, and Lure.

In practice, though, I usually end up focusing on Pandora, Sorrows, and Doppelganger, and Baby Kade just can't keep up with the Pandora bus.

I use him frequently, although mostly with Lilith. With lure/incite backing up a solid combat statline, he usually pulls his weight. For me, he operates on the edge of the fight, picking off models and grabbing objectives.

I often use teddy with him too. With Lilith using transposition, and then kade using where's teddy, you can place him wherever you want him to be.

You link a sorrow to Lilith? But Lilith doesn't have martyr. Cant be great having her wounds chipped away.

I do like the look of Kade but never used him. I would be more tempted to use him with Lilith or Zoraida than Pandora.

Often not a problem as I can break link if necessary by changing activation order. Another frequent member of this team is the brutal effigy though who can supply healing flips for Lilith.

The sorrow linked to Lilith is transpositioned with an enemy model and them snaps back to her when she ends her activation. I've found it handy. Plus, it allows for extra earthquake spells if needed.

I personally feel the release of the Twins pretty much ended the effective use of Kade and Candy. Lelu is a MUCH better value for Stones than Kade is, and while it is true Kade can be taken without any other kind of support chances are you will have some kind of support in your list, which brings us to Lilitu, who is a steal at the points she costs.

The kids cost the same amount of SS as the Twins and I doubt you'll find many people who will argue that the Kids are a better value for what you spend.

That said its not in anyway that Kade is bad. He is a very solid model for his cost. He looks very interesting, and I've often heard of people starting the game because of how much they liked Kade. It's just that in the current incarnation of the game other models in the NB line have eclipsed Kade's rules.

I personally feel the release of the Twins pretty much ended the effective use of Kade and Candy. Lelu is a MUCH better value for Stones than Kade is, and while it is true Kade can be taken without any other kind of support chances are you will have some kind of support in your list, which brings us to Lilitu, who is a steal at the points she costs.

The kids cost the same amount of SS as the Twins and I doubt you'll find many people who will argue that the Kids are a better value for what you spend.

That said its not in anyway that Kade is bad. He is a very solid model for his cost. He looks very interesting, and I've often heard of people starting the game because of how much they liked Kade. It's just that in the current incarnation of the game other models in the NB line have eclipsed Kade's rules.

Yeah I mostly agree. I keep wanting to use him but the twins are always a more attactive prospect

The twins are better for these good reasons:

An auto suit Lure (Kade needs the crow)

Heal 2 wounds/deal 2 wounds

strong melee beatstick with paired weapons and auto poison (I believe kade needs a trigger to go off for poison)

On the plus side, Kade does offer slow as a trigger of one of his strikes. Aside from that I can't think of any reason not to take the twins in comparison to Kade.

Kade is 8 stones cheaper than the twins?

Incite, perhaps?

No one can dispute the effectiveness of the twins. But no one is likely to underestimate them either. Plenty of people underestimate kade...and he's plenty killy.

For the 6 stones you get a scaled down version of the twins (some killing power and some control), and he's going to give bang or his buck.

I have tried him with dreamer in a multi-teddy crew, but generally found it to be a fun build for Kicks rather than something competative. Boys and their toys :)

I totally dig the sculpt of that little baby and that´s all I needed to field him in every single game I played so far. Playing with the models I like has always been my style of army composition rather than going for the most effective build.

That way, I simply love Kade.

In fact, I´m going to get a Hamelin crew based on the "real" legend "Pied Piper of Hamelin" (have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied_Piper_of_Hamelin), in which I´ll field Kade, Candy, rats and the like...

I also love Kade based on the model and the general idea of that kid. And I find in the game he has a few good things going. One is that people tend to underestimate him, which means he can usually go unnoticed until he starts to be annoying.

His other major thing for me is his Cb and Df of 7. I've often had him tie up several of my opponents models by just engaging them and then popping defensive stance in the following turns. They will have a hard time bringing him down (until I flip the black joker...) aswell as to disengage.

I do find he's rather cost effective at 6 stones, only problem I have when running him with Lilith is that he sometimes gets left behind due to not having scout or flight. He's just not very fast for neverborn standards.