Storm of Shadows - Arcanists Spoiler Thread

Nephalumps

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Misaki's box is 3SS higher (if I recall both Kang and Ototo are 8SS)

Was kinda hoping for the Rail Workers to be 4SS since I was wanting to field a few of them. Rail Golem seems cheap (less than Izamu) while Metal Gamin are more expensive than Fire of Ice Gamin.

I think the Misaki box works out as 4 higher - 29 vs 25...

What about Mei's cache though?

Forgot Shang was 3SS.

Kind of a shame that the Oiran were delayed - I could really do with a cheapo minion about now! Especially for Misaki, who seems to have a large number of 6ss minions (which is typical, because there was a distinct lack of Guild models at that cost (at least until the Exocist came out - the Hunter doesn't count!)

I'm wondering what the difference between Fire and Metal Gamin are, and what makes Metal Gamin 1ss more expensive. From what I've read Metal Gamin are defensive while Fire Gamin are a bit more aggressive. Metal Gamin don't really sound like the kind of model you take a lot of, so I was thinking of converting one or two into Fire Gamin (hate the original models).

Kind of a shame that the Oiran were delayed - I could really do with a cheapo minion about now! Especially for Misaki, who seems to have a large number of 6ss minions

Misaki can take both 10T bro and ronin @ 5.....and the Desperate Merc @2....and when she hires any of them, they are considered 10T for abilities and stuff. Best she can do for now.

Edit: Also, don't forget the other 10T dual models....from the Guild you have the Traps (2 or 3ss....I forget) and Wastrels (4ss)

I'm wondering what the difference between Fire and Metal Gamin are, and what makes Metal Gamin 1ss more expensive..

The metal gamin are much more survivable than fire.

Edited by dgraz

Anyone have the rail crew yet? I want to knits what options kang has for his weapon as far as the model goes, I heard that he would have both the hammer and shovel as options, but I think a pickaxe roils be awesome liking.

Kang has a weapon with similar Cb and damage to taelor I believe, but with a 2" reach.

The metal gamin are much more survivable than fire.

While we are at metal gamin... do they have any special synergy with the Rail workers' crew? Is it the crew they belong to by default? Or is it a generic Arcanist model that piggy-backs on Kaeris and other crews due to some special rule?

As decker said............it is just a Gamin....like the others but I think it is more general-use than the others. It has one situational ability that allows it discard burning tokens to inflict damage on another model....but it is very short range....I believe it won't see much use, but will be neat when you can use it.

Other than that, I think it will be a nice bodyguard type model to most Arcanists.....Colette and Marcus are probably too fast to really use it, but Ramos, Raspy, Kaeris, and Mei will all find uses for it.

I just got my book today from a friend and mei is ky new favorite master. Haven't even played her yet, but her combos will be insane if you can pull them off.

Now I play the waiting game until my order gets here. :s

Great now i have one question, when did you place your order? With that I can build a ruff confidence interval and use it to predict when I will get mine.

He said he got his book from a friend, so I'm guessing it is someone who brought it back from GenCon.

If anyone still has questions though, feel free to throw 'em out there.

Oh, and I was the one with the painted Willie, Rail Golem, and Metal Gamin in the Masters event on Saturday. Was a lot of fun playing with the new models.

The one thing I don't think people have keyed in on too much yet is the fact that Kang's aura for +1 Cb would also help Willie, since he's an M&SU Member unit. With Willie's ability to make ranged attacks without LOS, but at a -2Cb, he would still be a 5 Cb when near Kang. Makes him a rather nasty defensive piece, what with the blast damage, ignoring armor, and tossing out mines all at the same time.

Rail Golem is pure crazy. Will work best when paired with a Rail Worker or two in order to give it more Burning Tokens. But as a quick run-down, it has a (0) spell where you have to discard a bunch of Burning Tokens and then you can reactivate. It also has other (0) actions for stuff like :+fate on Attack or Damage flips. It has a (1) Action that lets you make a charge if you discard a burning token, and then another (+1) Action that lets you make an extra melee attack after discarding burning tokens. It's really a cool model over all. I took on both Viktorias at once with it, and nearly killed Sword Vik (she did end up dying when she killed the Rail Golem and it blew up :) ).

The Metal Gamin....I'm not 100% sold on yet. I played them with Ramos a couple times. They worked quite well overall, and their protective aura is nice. A model with 6 Wds, Armor 2, and an innate healing ability is pretty awesome. Not to mention it's (0) to charge an enemy that is engaged with it's 'Protected' model.

I like them overall. Was really disappointed that Mei Feng's box didn't arrive at GenCon, but I can't wait to get her in my hands.