Viruk's paintlog

Viruk

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful blends Viruk. Especially on McCabe's mount. One suggestion: the mount's eyes have a large area of white showing which is expressive, but seems a bit out place as generally the visible parts of horses eyes are almost only the dark iris and pupil.

One suggestion: the mount's eyes have a large area of white showing which is expressive, but seems a bit out place as generally the visible parts of horses eyes are almost only the dark iris and pupil.

I'd second this - human looking eyes on horses looks exceptionally creepy but that may not be the look you're going for? Other than that I love the whites/creams/beiges you're using. They look fantastic.

Thanks for the comments guys, they're all appreciated!

@QUICHE, WINGS - so basically what you're saying is that it looks like this 

horsemask_zps77e24b4d.jpg

I see your point now that I've googled some images for reference. Thank you for drawing my attention to this mistake as I wasn't really aware of it. I'll repaint these.

@MISTER FERAL - the Wastrels are some of the best miniatures released by Wyrd that I've even painted and I agree - it's a shame thyy aren't available separately.

@zFiend - Sonnia's crew is up next. I've pretty much finished painting more than half of it and expect to be ready with them by the end of the month.

@SpiralngCadavr - cactus bits are from a boxes set released by Pegasus Hobbies. You can find it on ebay, at least that's where I got mine.

As I've mentioned, part of Sonnia's crew is now painted. Here's a model that I love and hate.

sonnia_avatar_01.jpg

For more shots and pics of the new plastic Sonnia and her totem, be sure to check out my blog (I know it may seem like shameless advertising but I don't want to turn this thread into a comic strip so I try to keep just a few pics here). 

Next up is my favorite from M2E wave 1 miniatures - Mr Samael Hopkins. Pics coming soon!

Holy ducklings! That Sonnia avatar is amazing. Love the fire! i'm very impressed :)

Samael looks really good too. i like that the colour scheme manages to feel varied even though everything is pretty much brown or grey :) Looks great.

Is that a cute little chameleon or a squid or something on the base? ^^

• Like 1