Viruk's paintlog

Viruk

These are probably the most challenging minis I've ever painted for Malifaux. They are beautifully designed with an amazing number of details and really well defined features. What makes them so hard to work with is their size.They are just so tiny! It was a solid practice of highlighting small surfaces as well as a chance to work with colors I don't normally use. It's definitely a good idea to paint something that is not necessarily your style once in a while as it allows you to improve your painting skills.

Click on the pic to see more shots.

oiran_zps9e7fbd64.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that Mature looks extremely metal!

http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/xfmetal/media/circlecov-1_zps7fa3e001.jpg.html

Or even

http://www.moonringdesign.com/images/items/demons-upon-your-skull-death-core-metal-logo.jpg

:D

But seriously, you make those skull bases work and embrace the whole concept in a hearty way - great job!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It's one of those minis I didn't buy when metal models were still widely available. Since she can be very useful for Sonnia's crew and I like my proxies to have some resemblance to the original model, I decided to create one using bits from TTB female set. I only added a blade from old plastic WH Chaos Warriors set as the katanas from TTB set didn't look much like greatswords. I also added a pistol. I painted her using colors that would resemble those from WH's original artwork. I don't really have sculpting skills so I didn't even bother trying to create a pilot's cap for her. The base is made of resin and it's from Micro Art Studio (yes, I do like this company's products).

wh_zpsf966efd4.jpg