Ressers: Who are you leading your crews with in scraps?

Toonook

I'd agree to a point; a ghost is the spirit of the dead, often one that was not at peace at the time of death.

There are many more spirits in as many mythologies, and not all of them are linked to deceased beings, so a spirit is not necessarily a ghost. That being said, a spirit can be a manifestation of death and the terror it creates in mortals, such as spectres, poltergheists, phantasms, will-o-the-wisps,etc.

Edited by Sybaris

Spectres and poltergeists are the spirits of dead people. And as for the Giovanni, they are dealing with the spirits of dead people as well, and well... Giovanni are but a sorry shadow of the Cappadocians anyway, wanted to say pale... but cappadocains are way paler.:P

But with the exception of the Lost Love I personally dont feel like Kirai is necromantic enough, might be my asian spirit mythology that is seriously lacking on the other hand :P

As for phantasms, always imagined those as more of a snapshot, an after-image or something like that. Will-O-the-Wisps are usually either fey or minor negative energy manifestations... IMO...

Necromancy for me deals with the undead, which includes incorporeal undead as well... and manipulation of life and death. Just don't get the right vibe of Kirai [shrugs].

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

But yeh, lack of asian mythology knowledge... Most familiar with more western stuff and imaginary lore, like old WoD, DnD (Ravenloft), Warhammer Fantasy RPG and more obscure ones that are not well known outside of sweden.

But yeh, lack of asian mythology knowledge... Most familiar with more western stuff and imaginary lore, like old WoD, DnD (Ravenloft), Warhammer Fantasy RPG and more obscure ones that are not well known outside of sweden.

Then allow me to bring my knowledge for Japanese folklore to bear and say what Kirai deals with is well within the concept of souls, ghosts, and the undead. It's Necromancy, dude.

I just started and I've been using Seamus as apparently he's the best to learn with. I love the theme behind him but I think I may switch to Nicodem or McMourning later, I went with resser to summon armies of undead but Seamus can only raise Belles and even that is hard for him. Having a ton of fun with him at the moment though and I plan on sticking with Ressers!

@ Vagabond: For a faction called Resserectionists, they don't really do that much of it in a game... Haven't played Nico, but believe that he mostly wants to rigor mortis and maybe will sommon once or twice a game. I do play McMourning & usually only summon the rogue Necro late in the game where it can start in CC & let rip! Otherwise I find his scalpal sling to be my prefered 0 action. As for ease to sommon, Seamus & McM's are both 0's so only once a turn (& need 10+crows) while Nico can potentially summon 3 times a turn (9+ crows) and they all require Corpse counters (McM has the edge here).

My other Master is Kirai, & I found I summoned the most with her as she can easily heal herself & get more seishin or gaki to recoup her losses and doesn't rely on the opposition being living (although neither does McM so much).

@ the OP.

Think I answered the Question Kirai & McM (arguably the 2 most powerful, but I like their fluff & speedy crews!) Kirai was my first ever & but these days use McM as I found her too good! Now that Shikoma are not summoned with prey, I may go back to her (no more guided missiling masters :Sad_Puppet2: )

@ Vagabond: For a faction called Resserectionists, they don't really do that much of it in a game...

Might have something to do with the fact that to much summoning of even their basic models would give to much of an advantage. If you had a default minion like Mindless Zombies and it requiring bigger or special spells to make anything else it might be different but the ability to have two canine remains die and replace it suddenly with a Flesh Golem right on top of the enemy is a pretty good tool.

Think of it this way, they have more ways to bring models into the game then any other faction.

Might have something to do with the fact that to much summoning of even their basic models would give to much of an advantage. If you had a default minion like Mindless Zombies and it requiring bigger or special spells to make anything else it might be different but the ability to have two canine remains die and replace it suddenly with a Flesh Golem right on top of the enemy is a pretty good tool.

Think of it this way, they have more ways to bring models into the game then any other faction.

Having played several games against Nicodem with my standard Gremlin crew emphasized this point exactly. When my gremlins and pigs (especially the Pigs) started dieing it wasn't difficult for my opponent to raise a swarm of mindless zombies then pump out hordes of Punk Zombies to hack me up (my opponent went after my pigs with a vengence since they were the most dangerous thing to his crew. Once I lost access to Eat your Fill, I just couldn't really keep up).