Gamers Lounge Rapid Fire - Right now

nix

Wait what? People are quitting Malifaux? Why?

When will Wyrd release aHoffman?

What would happen in the book 4 fluff? Would the Tyrants devour Malifaux?

Is Lucius really a Neverborn? A Tyrant?

Would the Gremlins copy other factions? They already copied the Ortegas... perhaps they'll copy the Ressers... think about it.. undead Gremlins...

One more thing.. When is the next episode?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rapid Fire caught up to this point. The questions in the thread to now will be in the following episodes:

Episode 57 - Releasing tonight (Sunday 7/22)

Episode 58 - estimated in 2 weeks (8/5)

Episode 59 - estimated 8/19

Episode 60 - Estimated 9/2

New questions will be added to future Rapid Fire's after 9/2. Ask away!

When will the Aethervox and Cheated Fates radio be releasing their next episodes?

I wish I knew... I also am waiting on new episodes. Right now my Malifaux Podcast pool only has Breachside, Gamers Lounge, and Malifool Radio in it. Lost Boys radio has jumped in the pool regularly, which is nice, but the old stand-byes are missing. Where is my Cheated Fates, Aethervox, and Bayou Broadcast???

Do you ever change what your casual lists look like due to them being too potentially brutal? I had an experience playing using a Viks, and decided to do that myself, though I might just put it back in for the fact that they can ber game changers in certain strategies. I might just include them if my opponent is fielding an avatar. Just looking for your opinions on this kind of behavior.

Not really sure what that means. Here in the US when something is in the can its either in the trash or the toilet.

Here in the US, it is also movie film terminology............the film is in the can.....meaning the roll of film has completed editing and is in it's metal container, ready for distribution.

What do you think are the worst 6 minions (1 from each faction) when this airs? What do you consider the best 6 (again 1 from each faction)?

What schemes do you play against the least? Why do you think that is and is it good for the game?

Edited by Korrosion
to add another question

I would ask if you have time to answer on a podcast how you all (the local group in your meta) approaches casual games ie if you run a master you like what do you take out of the list that would be in a competitive setting?

And if/when you answer this I thank you for the time you take in answering this.

... if a tree falls in a malifaux forest am I still wrong?

according to my wife, as long as you're a male, you're still wrong.

I'd love to hear a series covering the subject, assuming a 35 point game...

A) Per said faction, what 25-30 point army composition is best for each strategy?

B) what are the best models to round out your army comp for different schemes?

I appreciate the list discussions lately in the forums about first purchases per faction, or best blisters to buy with a certain master/starter box, but if "Malifaux is balanced faction to faction, not master to master," discussing purchasing strategies from this paradigm seems the greater discussion topic to me and will give me a better birds eye view of understanding model roles, and the strengths and weaknesses of each faction... It will further give me understanding of how to counter your opponent's tactics.

Taking from an earlier discussion of "The Drowned" that I think Zephyr liked, how about something like "underdog of the week".

A model that might be ignored or thought of as weak is examined and ideas are put forth on uses and "making them better". Finding their niche, etc...

And maybe not just theory, but a little battle-report of what they did in a real game. (Even if it did not pan out well, we still learn something)

It can be an ongoing series in which the final challenge is Malifaux Child... :) (Still have my fingers crossed for a nightmare edition of him at GenCon)

Taking from an earlier discussion of "The Drowned" that I think Zephyr liked, how about something like "underdog of the week".

A model that might be ignored or thought of as weak is examined and ideas are put forth on uses and "making them better". Finding their niche, etc...

And maybe not just theory, but a little battle-report of what they did in a real game. (Even if it did not pan out well, we still learn something)

It can be an ongoing series in which the final challenge is Malifaux Child... :) (Still have my fingers crossed for a nightmare edition of him at GenCon)

Hmm... I like that idea. I'll have to see if I can sell it to Dan and Bill.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump to keep this going...

Will the new episode be released on time?

Based on the previews of the Ten Thunders previews which crew are you most excited about? (Answer before the book release)

Has anyone found a use for guild autopsies?

How's the Warden working for you? Are two overkill?

Right now which is your favorite master? Least favorite?

Edited by Twisted Metal