Executioner Overview and Tactics

cerealkiller195

Also another thing in there, not to important, about the terrifying, one of the benefits listed vs Pandora is incorrect, her ability's do not make anyone more susceptible to terrifying, just WP duels :) Only the living take terrifying tests :)

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Other than that, another great one to read:)

The thingnive noted about the Executioner is that he is a great psychological weapon. First, the model instantly draws the attention of your opponent. He looks mean and tough and will either target him first with everything or try to avoid him. In either case, it usually ends up distracting them more than it should.

Second, he's a morale breaker. I've seen players fight and spend cards to try and kill him, only to have him heal back to full with a well placed strike. It really adds to his mystique in their minds that he is unstoppable

I've found him to be great at what he does, but also a great way to get in your opponent's head.

Yes, good old "Look ma', no hands!" :)

Im trying to get him to work in a build with lucious and SoC!

Fast teleporting fat man! :)

Good article!

I've had pretty good success with this crew in combat focused strategies (Slaughter, Contain Power, Claim Jump etc...)

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Lady Justice -- 8 Pool

Student of Conflict [4ss]

Lucius [10ss]

Executioner [7ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

I've had pretty good success with this crew in combat focused strategies (Slaughter, Contain Power, Claim Jump etc...)

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Lady Justice -- 8 Pool

Student of Conflict [4ss]

Lucius [10ss]

Executioner [7ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

Ive had good luck with similar lists, occasionally swapping out the executioner for any 7pt minion, or with a bit of jiggling about 9ss for the peacekeeper. Lady J giving him melee expert and the Student giving him fast means he can put a lot of damage out, and as long as youve got a sutiable target in range for the slow to die/love the job combo he can stay alive till the next turn when LJ slingshots in.

Unfortunately, hes a tricky one to use.

I think the biggest mistake I used to make is forget the fact enemy gets NO defense triggers!

And he pumps min 4 dmg, thats pretty good for a minion!

But the most important thing is to think about the oponent crew and strategy!

Most of all, its a sweet model! And I'm often biased on taking it just bc he looks fun! Not sure if hes for a tourney though...

He seems viable with lucious/LJ + lucious/obey-Perdita/Perdita + lucious. Most potential you can get from LJ+ lucious, bc then you can have a fast-teleporting-melee_expert-executioner, which is just sick! Only problem with this setup is, outactivation and "wave-like play", which is kinda easy to exploit by your opponent. Bc it means he can pick out a model at the time, as it comes by reinforcements.

It is crutial to always keep a higher card in hand and position correctly if you as much as suspect executioner might die.

Best to use against: collodi/marionette crew, resser/non-spirit, hammelin, and simmilar "many squishy minions"

Being Book 1 Guild he is pretty specialized as an "anti-resser" model. Like you said though, this lends him well to a "many squishy minions" situation. Having a minimum 4 dmg lends quite well to this as his StD action likely will kill a minion making full use of Love The Job.

I wouldnt call him anti Ressers because he cant bypass htw and more often then not he can't do enough woulda to kill. In fact I take him mostly against non Ressers crews.

Also the point about keeping a high card is very important. I like to keep a high ram to ensure kill or increase chance.

To the point about lucius j out activated. I deal with this by taking dogs who are quite resilant for their coat. 2 activations, 6 Ap same cost as austringer... Win.

I've found with playing him that I cannot stress enough that he needs either obey/lucious drop to make him work for you. Without either he really is too slow to get much out of him unless u spend another 7 on a guardian to keep him alive to get him their.

Once he gets to where he needs to be he is great but like I said the main problem is getting him there with only 8" of threat range.

Student and j ups threat to 14", it is another viable option.

Obey dita needs granny for alpha killing, which to me is least favorite.

Sonia student can make him work blocking los with walls, just riskier because usually means initiative determines if he lives.

Last point, try to keep him in melee after his activation, makes him more surviable, though your opponent might fail terrifying to be able to kill him.

Getting him to melee is just half of the picture, making him stay alive in melee another one!

All in all, it makes him one of the more "need to work for his points" type of minion. What is not really a bad thing, but when you have so many straightforward ones, it brings a question of "worhiness".

What I've notice with the Executioner is either you buff his movement or buff his defense.

On buffing defense, would a Latigo Pistolero and Abuella help with his low def?

First, have Abuella do Shotgun Wedding. Giving the Executioner Family.

Then, have the Latigo Pistolero use (ALL) for Look Out - Gives +2 Df on Executioner (as long as he has not activated yet.

Granted it will be a 17 ss investment... but probably worth looking into...

What do you think?

What do you think?

While it's a 17SS investment, it also adds an Obey to get the Executioner moving. So you're buffing movement and defence. And Abuella can heal him if he takes a bit too much concentrated firepower. Seems like a decent core. Probably means committing to a Perdita gang though. Not that there's anything wrong with that. He does shore up one of their bigger weaknesses (lack of dedicated melee).

Morgan Vening

What I've notice with the Executioner is either you buff his movement or buff his defense.

On buffing defense, would a Latigo Pistolero and Abuella help with his low def?

First, have Abuella do Shotgun Wedding. Giving the Executioner Family.

Then, have the Latigo Pistolero use (ALL) for Look Out - Gives +2 Df on Executioner (as long as he has not activated yet.

What do you think?

The ss investment wouldn't be my first concern for your idea. The concern I see is having to use a 3 point model to do an all action to buff defense. This means giving up an activationin between. It works once because you will move out of range and 5 defence only goes so far, once he activates he is back to being squishy. His chance of survival depends more if he is locked in melee and less on what his defence. Give it a go but gut says good theory, unlikely execution.