Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Foe!

Also a slight update on my behalf: I am not dead! Woohoo!

I have been super busy the past couple weeks. Thus I haven't really been able to paint a lot. Mostly build and assemble. I finished building up my Colette crew, sans the Coryphées + Duet. I also got some other side projects on the run. Including some Bushido figures, which I am currently painting. If you guys want pictures, just lemme know and I will post them.

I also have some cool Objective markers assembled for my lady Pandora and her delightful crew of awesomeness to paint up as well. These will most likely be my next projects to do, pushing my Resserrectionists to the side for the moment.

I will also finish up the first of my Four riders 'tutorial' this week. I have the photos at home. Just been too busy to take the time to post them up and write them all out. So expect some more stuff coming from my direction this week!

Cheers~

Evilbleachman,

You are an exceptional painter and have some of the best models I've seen for the Resurrectionists, but If all we hear is good we never get any better do we? I feel you really missed the mark on Candy page #13. Candy is exceptionally well painted, but her candy canes and large sucker sabatage your work. The odd 1 color canes and the 1 color sucker kill it. You really needed the red/white and the red/white/green striped canes with a multi-colored sucker to compliment your well painted Candy. I look on the net for pictures of EVERYTHING thats natural before I paint a model to get the feel of what I'm going for. Once you paint a figure it's forever.

Eventually I'll post my stuff for you to get back at me :).

Nighthater

Glad to here you hqvnt ended up as one of your own crews members ;) would love to see some of your busido minis for sure, please and thank you.

Haha. That would make me UNdead. Not just dead. :P

I will post a couple pics later today when I get home. Just haven't taken any pictures of them yet. Still have three models to paint up to finish one of the warbands. Oddly I started off with the undead of that game. Haha.

Evilbleachman,

You are an exceptional painter and have some of the best models I've seen for the Resurrectionists, but If all we hear is good we never get any better do we? I feel you really missed the mark on Candy page #13. Candy is exceptionally well painted, but her candy canes and large sucker sabatage your work. The odd 1 color canes and the 1 color sucker kill it. You really needed the red/white and the red/white/green striped canes with a multi-colored sucker to compliment your well painted Candy. I look on the net for pictures of EVERYTHING thats natural before I paint a model to get the feel of what I'm going for. Once you paint a figure it's forever.

Eventually I'll post my stuff for you to get back at me :).

Nighthater

Thank you!

I do agree with you, her candies could look more original and better. But I went for an easier route to satisfy my expectations of the model: good tabletop quality. I figured it would be fun to have some color variation on the model so I went for all kinds of random colors, except red. Reason to this is that the red of the candy cane or other candy would distract from the red on her basket. The red blood that is. :P

It is not a perfect painting scheme, but does have some thought behind it. I do thank you for the criticism. Anything else you can think of?

I do want to improve my painting skills, though I doubt I will really be able to do so by painting tabletop quality only, which is what I try to do. Only models like masters tend to be more or less better painted and more detailed, but not by far. I have been thinking of doing the occasional bust or two to practice my painting skills and paint something really neat and great to display.

• 2 weeks later...

Im a big fan of alternate colour schemes, and your models look fantastic... not only the colour choices, but the level of detail you've achieved too.

Im looking forward to your kirai, lelu and lilitu, insideous madness and killjoy (from memory, i think they were on your list?) in particular, when you get around to painting those models :)

Im a big fan of alternate colour schemes, and your models look fantastic... not only the colour choices, but the level of detail you've achieved too.

Im looking forward to your kirai, lelu and lilitu, insideous madness and killjoy (from memory, i think they were on your list?) in particular, when you get around to painting those models :)

Thanks!

And yes all of those models are on my heavy 'To-do' list. At the moment I am greatly swaying from the path. I am painting something super sexy and awesome for Malifaux. I am not sure when I will get to the other models, because my current project is a full crew to paint...

Maybe I will sneak in a Killjoy for you. ;)

Who? What? O-o

No tigers...

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Still haven't managed to organize, but did have quite the painting party over here Sunday night. Seiezan painted up his Seamus crew (aside from Seamus, whom he'd already painted at home) and Ryusei painted up his Lilith crew and teats in the breeze Zoraida. Me, I was assembling and magnetizing both mine and Ryusei's Strongarm Suits (which are currently on hold), Bert Jebsen, and Yan Lo's boxset (minus Yan Lo, for now).

Prior to Sunday's painting endeavor, I'd managed to muscle my way through several stages of painting on Misaki and her ninjas, archers, and Ototo, oh my. Babylon 5 is apparently either inspirational, motivational, or just not distracting enough to waylay my painting. Maybe this coming week I'll marathon the second season and finish painting the crew.

Mate, i have just spent the best part of half an hour just in awe of your work!

Fantastic stuff, you have done the one thing that very few photos/threads can do to me... get me off my laptop and get me back to my paint station!

Keep it up! I look forward to seeing more! :)

Mate, i have just spent the best part of half an hour just in awe of your work!

Fantastic stuff, you have done the one thing that very few photos/threads can do to me... get me off my laptop and get me back to my paint station!

Keep it up! I look forward to seeing more! :)

Awesome! Glad you enjoy it. ANd like you, I have finally got my arse to paint. I haven't painted more than 2 miniatures in the past month. I did do a bit on my next model, image is below! :)

No tigers...

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Still haven't managed to organize, but did have quite the painting party over here Sunday night. Seiezan painted up his Seamus crew (aside from Seamus, whom he'd already painted at home) and Ryusei painted up his Lilith crew and teats in the breeze Zoraida. Me, I was assembling and magnetizing both mine and Ryusei's Strongarm Suits (which are currently on hold), Bert Jebsen, and Yan Lo's boxset (minus Yan Lo, for now).

Prior to Sunday's painting endeavor, I'd managed to muscle my way through several stages of painting on Misaki and her ninjas, archers, and Ototo, oh my. Babylon 5 is apparently either inspirational, motivational, or just not distracting enough to waylay my painting. Maybe this coming week I'll marathon the second season and finish painting the crew.

Awesome. At least you're getting something done. The only hobby productive thing I managed to do the past weeks was refill my GW paints into dropper bottles. lol

What a great and unique way of painting those models! I love your "bleached" style! :D

Thanks! Yes. My models are not bleached as such. It refers more to my internet nickname. As if I have tainted them. Tainted them with evil stuff. Mmhmm

Okay guys. I haven't been active all February. Work has been a total jerk to me and I was sick for almost twoi weeks in addition to that. I did manage to sit down yesterday and paint. I feel the flow coming back into my body. The need to paint! Muahaha.

Enjoy the eye candy. It is a WIP and the legs are intentionally painted in such a drastic way. They are long from being finished. Just the skin tones are all done now.

post-10280-13911928144887_thumb.jpg

I love your colors! this is the best Colette i've seen in a long long time. I love how it ties in with the new bases. And i like the base insert. did you make that yourself? it looks fantastic either way.

I can't wait to see more like this

(also... if this is what you call sloppy, my stuff looks like ****! hahaha)

I love your colors! this is the best Colette i've seen in a long long time. I love how it ties in with the new bases. And i like the base insert. did you make that yourself? it looks fantastic either way.

I can't wait to see more like this

(also... if this is what you call sloppy, my stuff looks like ****! hahaha)

This color scheme was the first that came to my mind when I saw Collie and her gang for the first time. Had it stored ever since. Thought I would go for the yellow bases from Wyrd as well. They did look less vibrant on the images I saw of them. They are actually very yellow. So they don't fit in 100% with my choice of yellow, which is a darker one. :P

They are Black Cat bases. The Fleur de Lils ones. I do like the bases, but the quality is actually not so great on the casts. Some of the inserts have double layers and look really weird. Or they are too thin. They do send you mini kitties withg your order though. xD

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crud! Long time no post! This is mainly because I have had a really busy several past weeks and haven't been able to really do much hobby wise.

I scrapped my Colette color scheme. I just couldn't get into the whole Yellow Feel of it. I dig orange. And thus they will become... eventually. I am getting stuff soon to make new bases for them and really make a lovely crew out of the gals. It was quite a shame to strip Colette's paint off. I did like her turn out... Oh well. Beauty takes sacrifices! SO THERE!

I did finish up a model for my 'Dora crew earlier today. It is messy and the photos are as usual blurry as fock. I still am content with the model's outcome.

post-10280-13911928687926_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911928688714_thumb.jpg

Pink butt.

I scrapped my Colette color scheme. I just couldn't get into the whole Yellow Feel of it. I dig orange. And thus they will become... eventually. I am getting stuff soon to make new bases for them and really make a lovely crew out of the gals. It was quite a shame to strip Colette's paint off. I did like her turn out... Oh well. Beauty takes sacrifices! SO THERE!

You stripped her paint off?! :Confused_Puppet2: But she was so pretty.

Coulda sold her off and painted another one...

Best looking version of this beckoner I've seen yet.

But still... I have a little bit of a complaint. I don't like how her boots have come out. Maybe those are a little bit too bright or a wrong choice of color tone, detail or something, but they look too bland in contrast to the rest of the mini.

Saying that, I really like the way you pulled off the pink and her face looks very clean and expressive.

Edited by Linus Mcmold
indecisiveness

Best looking version of this beckoner I've seen yet.

But still... I have a little bit of a complaint. I don't like how her boots have come out. Maybe those are a little bit too bright or a wrong choice of color tone, detail or something, but they look too bland in contrast to the rest of the mini.

Saying that, I really like the way you pulled off the pink and her face looks very clean and expressive.

Yeah her boots did turn out to be too blend in. Her top was actually painted the same way. But after the red wash (yes a red Wash) the folds and stuff make it look better on the top than on the practically smooth booties.

Thanks! She has pink butt! :D

You stripped her paint off?! But she was so pretty.

Coulda sold her off and painted another one...

Yeah. lol

She did look nice, but I am usually not one to sell off my models. The next one will look much more prettier though. ;)

Just waiting on materials so I can make the custom bases I want for my crew.

Currently I am working on a Gremlin crew. Should have one of the wee buggers up and finished later today. :3