Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

xD

I actually didn't want to glorify the gremlins by implying that they would be clean critters.

If I wanted a more realistic touch I would have probably added lots of dirty spots and places on them and their clothing. :P

Thanks! The bases are pretty easy to make. I got 3 more models to paint up and then I will finally get to painting my Gremlinette and thus finally continue the tutorial I have going on her. :)

Lenny is pretty awesome. I am still thinking about giving him some grease stains and other stains on his shirt, cause he probably has poor hygiene (I am not saying that gremlins in general have proper hygiene. I am saying he is probably worse than the worst. lol). Ideas?

Just his shirt?!

I mean he could be really dirty and I didn't wanted to bluntly point out the obvious pee stains. That might be in bad class. :-X
:Button:

They both look pretty awesome.

Did the pigapult guy originally came on the pigapult base or is set apart from the pigapults base?

I haven't considered pigapult and not many people play gremlins here...

Just his shirt?!

I mean he could be really dirty and I didn't wanted to bluntly point out the obvious pee stains. That might be in bad class. :-X
:Button:

They both look pretty awesome.

Did the pigapult guy originally came on the pigapult base or is set apart from the pigapults base?

I haven't considered pigapult and not many people play gremlins here...

Well his shirt is a big white bulk on the model. Stains would tone it down, I guess. :0

In my Maliworld Lenny doe snot have bladder problems. ;D xD

The little guy is intended to be glued onto the same base as the Pigapult. No seperate 30 mm base for him in it either. The model is darn cool too (both). You could pick up the current one or go for the new one coming out eventually. The spotter there has a bucket on his head, apparently. :P

great job mate! love the skipper :)

Thanks, buddy. :D

Your bases are a big inspiration and give them a great bayou look.

I guess I should muddy up all of my gremlins after I finish them. They should have a more grittier look, so I can't wait to see your stained Lenny for more inspiration

I am actually not going to dirty up Lenny. Mostly because, I feel, I would have to do this on ALL of my gremlin models. Dirty little buckers. Also Lenny has a clean vest anyway. ;D

Glad you like the bases. These are the first bases I am really pleased with. Been trying to sculpt and make my own cobble stone bases. It is not easy, I can tell you that. But with time and patience you can make a lot of cool stuff. :D

Also here's an update on my models:

20130915_153949_zps72bf3935.jpg

20130915_154004_zps7ba52872.jpg

20130915_154034_zpsedb91707.jpg

20130915_154048_zpsa52d9a0b.jpg

Tell me what you think! Next up is the Pigapult! :D

If you wake one morning, and suddenly all your miniatures are baseless, and then shortly after you see me post up mine sporting SURPRISINGLY SIMILAR bases - I didn't steal them. It was obviously a freak accident.

Hahaha jokes jokes.

I'd take the whole mini.

D:

No taking! ,__,

Gremlin awesomeness continues, keep up the great work!

Spreading gremlin love, one gup at a time. :P

Just out of curiosity, I scoured this thread and I didn't see how you made the bases? By any chance you are willing to part some of your wisdom on how to make the bases look as if they are stepping out of the swamp themselves?

I actually have a semi tutorial guide thing going on. A step by step process of finishing one miniature. Its stalled at the moment as I wanna finish a few models before I get to the model I am working on for it. You can check it out here: www.bleachedmodels.com

The Gremlinette will be painted after I am finished with my Pigapult, War Pig, 3rd Bayou Gremlin and Hog Whisperer. :)

• 1 month later...

I like the skin tones on gremlins, especially the pig rider.

About the pig, I'd like to see her/him in a darker shade of green because I see it as a matured version of piglet (unless it's a different species of pig). But it might be a bit darker ATM than the piglets, since I've seen those a while back (those seemed a paler tone of green).

I didn't like the pig model from the painted pictures, but when I took Somers box off Gujo's hands yesterday I realized it's a fine looking miniature afterall.

I think I'll use the pig rider as a bayou gremlin, but I can't decide how to convert him yet...

I love the last looking mini and yours looks great with orange skintone.

Can't wait to see your painted female hog whisperer. I wish I had one for Mah Tucket crew :Rat_HeartRed:

It's a pity it's impossible to get...

Edited by Linus Mcmold
swine business

It is good to see you picking up the brushes again!

It is a good feeling to pick them up too. I finished three more models yesterday (pics to come soon) and it feels awesome. ^_^

I like the skin tones on gremlins, especially the pig rider.

About the pig, I'd like to see her/him in a darker shade of green because I see it as a matured version of piglet (unless it's a different species of pig). But it might be a bit darker ATM than the piglets, since I've seen those a while back (those seemed a paler tone of green).

I didn't like the pig model from the painted pictures, but when I took Somers box off Gujo's hands yesterday I realized it's a fine looking miniature afterall.

I think I'll use the pig rider as a bayou gremlin, but I can't decide how to convert him yet...

I love the last looking mini and yours looks great with orange skintone.

Can't wait to see your painted female hog whisperer. I wish I had one for Mah Tucket crew :Rat_HeartRed:

It's a pity it's impossible to get...

He is kind of dark but also pale. When you look at real pigs their skin color barely changes from piglet to swine. It will seem darker, since the paler portions are more spread out than before. Trust me when you see the sucker (Gotta take photos soon) you will not really call him pale. :P

The pig rider isn't an easy model to convert. You could always replace the strands of hair in his hands with something else. Like a barrel of a gun he is trying to fix. Or a crowbar, opening a lid of moon shine.

I actually just got my second Gremlinette mini... Got one for originality and one to convert into something else... xD

Piggy riding!!! Eee! Can't wait to see that one finished!! These are going to look amazing!

Thanks! :3

I am pretty pleased with the results. ^^

What a coincidence I finished up my pigapult last week as well. I really should start posting pics again.

Great job though I am still not really a fan of the green pigs (Guess someone has to provide Dr Suess with Green Ham). The handless photography though is coming along nicely. I would recommend one more light at or below the plane of the model aimed up to illuminate the undersides and really show those blends. The shadows are tricking your camera's light meter.

Groovy!

Thanks! :3

What a coincidence I finished up my pigapult last week as well. I really should start posting pics again.

Great job though I am still not really a fan of the green pigs (Guess someone has to provide Dr Suess with Green Ham). The handless photography though is coming along nicely. I would recommend one more light at or below the plane of the model aimed up to illuminate the undersides and really show those blends. The shadows are tricking your camera's light meter.

Bud greehn bacon iz de beztest baconz!

The main issue is that at home I only have one lamp suitable to paint with and is attached to one of those standing lamp thingies for living rooms, etc. So I can't pull down the sucker as far as I would like. Eventually I will invest into a better photography setup. Eventually... :3

Until then, mittens!

Catapult pig looks really nice. Love the green on her as well.

Green pigs. <3

Speaking of, here are some handshots of my current WIPs.

20131022_171734_zps6cb0044f.jpg

20131022_180701_zps86d85653.jpg

20131022_174844_zps4010742b.jpg

I want to freehand some symbols or things onto my Zoraida's skirt to better balance her otherwise dull color range and help he rstand out some more. Any ideas?