All done trigger correct wording

magicpockets

Question

Something has come up in this thread about LCB's "All Done" trigger.

In the first printing of Rising Powers and on the cards the trigger makes no reference to damaging the defender and LCB can lose the duel with a :tomes and get his trigger off (removing him from play and replacing him with the Dreamer).

However, in the second edition of Rising Powers it seems that the wording for "All Done" was updated to read "When damaging defender..." so LCB needs to win the duel to place the Dreamer.

(As raised in the thread) it seems odd that you guys would have added words to the second printing of Rising Powers to bring it in line with other Cb triggers by mistake, and with no V2 cards for LCB, could a RM confirm if this is actually an errata to "All Done" which has been overlooked until now and if the trigger is "When damaging defender"? (If it is it will need adding to Malifaux.com too)

I hope so because it will go a huge way to stopping the LCB sniping which makes him so overpowered.

Thanks ya'll :)

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

We're aware of the thread. Give us a bit and will get you a solid answer (three RMs being pulled in three directions each right now). May be a day before we get the posting up, your patience is appreciated.

What? Another day! Do you guys not realise how important this is?

I think I'll go back to playing GW where they really know how to look after their customers.

We're aware of the thread. Give us a bit and will get you a solid answer (three RMs being pulled in three directions each right now). May be a day before we get the posting up, your patience is appreciated.

I think I'll go back to playing GW where they really know how to look after their customers.

And then I suppose lack of patience is not appreciated? Yes, that would lead to follow, it seems, and not without reason.

Seems to me that if this is such an issue, discuss it with the opponent beforehand. I do this with issues that may arise in a game. Another way to describe this is good sportsmanship.

Then again, if you really get into a tussle about it and need a ruling (lacking a tournament director), arm wrestle for it. I'm telling you, that and paper-rock-scissors best of 21 ended many a heated argument in my youth.

Wow, can't believe I found one little wording, and everyones gone crazy! I have to say, no need for the RM hating. They were never going to jump in straight away and give us an answer they hadn't discussed. I for one am thankful these topics can be raised, and Wyrd will respond to help us. Ive had MUCH worse from a certain GW (anyone that had rung their rules query helpline will know what I mean).

If people get frustrated at waiting for things like this, it just shows how much fun those sorts of people would be to play against......

Actually it's more worrying that they even need to discuss it, because it means wyrd printed multiple versions of the rules without realizing it and now rules marshals are having to rule rather than wyrd saying "this is what we intended, xyz was a misprint".

Or it means that it was originally a misprint that they fixed, but because of all the commentary on the Dreamer they're seeing this as a possible way to make an adjustment to LCB. Makes more sense to look at this as an opportunity rather than just state "this is what it should be" and then make changes later.

Actually it's more worrying that they even need to discuss it, because it means wyrd printed multiple versions of the rules without realizing it and now rules marshals are having to rule rather than wyrd saying "this is what we intended, xyz was a misprint".

This post is untrue.

We aren't discussing it. We noted it as Keltheos mentioned. Then we moved on to work at other tasks at the moment. The Rules Marshals and Wyrd staff do have other duties besides reading the forums 24/7. :)

This post is untrue.

We aren't discussing it. We noted it as Keltheos mentioned. Then we moved on to work at other tasks at the moment. The Rules Marshals and Wyrd staff do have other duties besides reading the forums 24/7. :)

Do you need someone to do that? If so, do you pay better than the military? I'd love nothing more than to sit and read the forums 24/7. XD

As people got the wrong end of the stick with this, Serigala is a great bloke and would never have meant even the slightest bit of negativity with this - sometimes sarcasm doesn't come across well on here (as I'd know). I think he was making the point that this actually isn't that important or urgent :)

This post is untrue.

We get that, but if you know the answer you could have posted it in less keystrokes than typing that lot took...

We do appreciate how hammered you guys are running a company like Wyrd between so few of you (no sarcasm), it's just it seems like it only needs a "Is now on damage" or "Damage doesn't matter" to resolve it. We're bound to get frustrated when there's mistakes which seem easy to resolve but don't even get acknowledged - we don;t know if you guys have even seen the posts we make or not, we can only hope you do (maybe a sooner post of "noted" like K did so we know when it hits the radar of a RM?)

Edited by magicpockets

I don't know whether it means anything but the clarification page on malifaux.com got an update on last Friday and the All Done trigger remained the same...

Still doesn't mean anything Im afraid, were just waiting to see which version (first or second) is right. Needs to be cleared up with a definite answer, so arguments aren't started between people with different editions.

As people got the wrong end of the stick with this, Serigala is a great bloke and would never have meant even the slightest bit of negativity with this - sometimes sarcasm doesn't come across well on here (as I'd know). I think he was making the point that this actually isn't that important or urgent :)

He's right. I'm a great bloke!

it would be nice to just get a temporary ruling on this stuff imo. just say it will be officially erata'd later but for now just do XYZ. at the end of the day i would accept either way, its more important to have a definate thing to reference temporarily

At the moment none of the cards require damage and only one version of the book does. As cards always override books (to date, excepting specific posted erratas) right now he does it without damage until we're told different.

At the moment none of the cards require damage and only one version of the book does. As cards always override books (to date, excepting specific posted erratas) right now he does it without damage until we're told different.

What Calmdown said. At the moment its what I would go with.