• 2 months later...

well, I didn't win (came in second :) ) - please don't riot! (especially if you're in Brasil *grin?)

wow... has it really been that long that I've neglected this thread??

finally have something to show (not painted yet though..) but it's really cool and it arrived today in the mail.

EBO_zpsb21abb04.jpg

really made me smile :) (the minis are blurry in the pic - have to take one with only the sprue - but they are really really tiny!)

I got a note from my local PO informing me that a package is waiting to be picked up (yes, that's how post works in Poland - the postman hardly ever bothers to bring the parcel personally and you just get a note). It's either the EBO stuff or an artbook from Massive Voodoo. In either case, I can't wait to pick it up :)

• 4 weeks later...

thought I'd post the Agram Arena report here as well as it has lot's of pics of cool minis and scenery...

anyway, for those of you who don't know, my club (UMS "Agram") organizes two major international wargaming tournaments a year called Agram Arenas. One is in winter (december) called Agram Arena Winter with WHFB tournament as a main event. The other is Agram Arena Summer. It is held over two weekends in july. this is the report about this years event:

13th and 14th July.

let's start with the demo games, Flames of War, LOTR SBG and Infinity:

fow01_zps8b96ee96.jpg

lotr01_zps196cda41.jpg

DSC_0037_zps05105d79.jpg

all the while the main event of the first weekend was taking place - the Malifaux tournament:

DSC_0069_zps71c06863.jpg

pretournament coffee

DSC_0004_zpsb122bd6f.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsc1d9673d.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsc7a8b83e.jpg

some of the tables the tournament was played on...

DSC_0073_zpsfdb136e1.jpg

DSC_0089_zpsc8dc2ac1.jpg

DSC_0116_zps4e49221a.jpg

DSC_0123_zpse72acdb5.jpg

DSC_0062_zpse5752619.jpg

DSC_0102_zps41534cee.jpg

DSC_0104_zps467bb77d.jpg

DSC_0101_zpsba3681c0.jpg

DSC_0103_zps5cae090a.jpg

Best Painted Crew contest...

DSC_0130_zps0a7e41e7.jpg

PRIZES :)

20th and 21st July:

The next weekend it was up to 40k tournament:

40k-Tyranids_zps74bcbd8d.jpg

40k_zpsda409ce6.jpg

bpa40k_zps079435d7.jpg

Best Painted Army

...and the Black Queen Hobby and Miniature Painting Competition. here are the winning entries:

1-s1_zps97739d9b.jpg

1-s2_zps0518b7c6.jpg

1-s3_zps111e3e98.jpg

2-u1_zpsbe08c30d.jpg

2-u2_zps5d7fa775.jpg

2-u3_zps51d007ed.jpg

3-l1_zps05eeafe9.jpg

3-l2_zpsb365b428.jpg

3-l3_zpse34d9cea.jpg

4-f1_zps47762d2c.jpg

4-f2_zps05ddcfd2.jpg

4-f3_zps0f2c6b65.jpg

5-o1_zpsc82c407a.jpg

5-o2_zps560495ca.jpg

5-o3_zpsa7b3f524.jpg

6-d1_zps95a5f6e8.jpg

6-d2_zpsf8dc3129.jpg

6-d3_zpsde0fa474.jpg

7-8-w-pc_zpsd41beecc.jpg

9-m2_zpsd2a0a404.jpg

9-m3_zpsa84e8178.jpg

9-m1_zpsf971f32f.jpg

and the awards ceremony:

DSC_0056_zps6bfe0b48.jpg

DSC_0093_zps7daf2744.jpg

DSC_0066_zps7f37a7b2.jpg

Thanks to everyone who came and hope to see you next year!

• 3 weeks later...

thanks mate :)

moving onto the next project... there is a painting competition over on Wamp forum. Infamy miniatures is the sponsor and there are some cool prizes (including every miniature made by Infamy miniatured for life!!)

for more info about the competition, check out:

http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=15637

well, I finally got some spare time so I started work on my Infamy entry/ies...

first up, building the setting...

infamy1_zps6bf6beea.jpg

cobbles (both brick and stone) were done from sculptiboard. the lamp is something I found in a hobby store here in Zagreb (but I will probably put an LED inside). currently debating where to plonk it...

the wooden bits were all balsa... either 1,5mm thick one or the 5mm thick one.. all the planks were first cut and modelled and then glued in place..

infamy2_zpsaa6eff1e.jpg

currently I'm carving bricks into the plaster walls. and my head hurts and I can't see anything so I'm calling it a night with two walls remaining to be carved.

infamy3_zpsc7094e5a.jpg

I made the walls by first building custom moulds - out of balsa. this mould has to be destroyed to remove the cast so is really one use only. but it really speeds up the process of casting as I did all the moulds and casts in about two hours...

Just remember that left is right when making moulds as then you get the the smooth surface (that is on the bottom of the mould)...

infamy4_zpsdd8b8f06.jpg

anyway, any comment / critique / advice is really appreciated.

tonight's updates...

carving finished. ground floors of both buildings glued to the display base (and the two wall pieces on their respective gaming bases)

Infamy6_zps9f95cb66.jpg

in the end the podium (roof actually) for the fourth mini has been built out of balsa. and the base done..

infamy5_zps9d9a0e69.jpg

as usual, suggestions are more than welcome...

thanks everyone :)

I think the way you placed it in the middle in the first pic, the streetlight obscures the view a little. I'd probably move it a bit to the side.

thanks mate.. upon further reconsidering the matter, the placement of the lamp will determine where I put the camera for the final shot, if you get me....

first I need to see how the light is going to shine on the Henrietta (as she needs to be obscured - in the dark). the best position that gives that impression will be chosen. then I'll try and find the best possible place to put the camera for none of the minis to be obscured...

or that is the plan LOL

you'll be in the running (if you are a reader of FPM :P) once the table is done.

how the FPM will do the actual prize draw, I still do not know.

as for the dates of our next years tournament, we have nothing set, but you can count on the middle of July (as it's our 11 year tradition to run events then)

blackglove.png

back to Infamy, unfortunately no work on the piece yesterday, but today I'm hoping to finish the first floor of the lefthand building and to finally assemble the minis... (at least. would be super if I could start actual painting)

well, it's later and it means pictures :)

managed to assemble the minis. did some minor converting on Henrietta, removing the vial from her left hand and bending it so she can grab the wall behind her. also cut of her head and respotted it so she looks to her left and up - towards Frank...

rest of the minis are more or less as is...

infamy9_zps93e8e10b.jpg

Watson with a victim (bate):

infamy10_zpsdce42a6b.jpg

Holmes (will be picking up a hanky or something with that claws...):

infamy11_zps31cf351e.jpg

Henrietta (as I mentined - grabing hold of the wall behing, peeking around the corner plotting the ambush with Franks help):

infamy12_zps2ae14269.jpg

a shot of Henrietta looking at Frank and Frank looking at Henrietta.. (sorry for bluriness... but I assure you they are in LOS ):

infamy13_zps4b16edfc.jpg

now, just to paint them...