So, Lazarus

Sandwich

Quite possibly the most powerful minion I have ever used in my life.

I'm buying him, for sure.

I like that you seem to be playing a lot, especially when you mentioned a while back that you were not because it had gotten boring ;)

What in particular do you find Lazarus good for. (I have my own ideas but want to see your write up)

you should make the trek up to Seattle wargamers on Capital hill some time and play. We had 18 people in the league that is just ending this coming week.

I like that you seem to be playing a lot, especially when you mentioned a while back that you were not because it had gotten boring ;)

What in particular do you find Lazarus good for. (I have my own ideas but want to see your write up)

you should make the trek up to Seattle wargamers on Capital hill some time and play. We had 18 people in the league that is just ending this coming week.

Yeah I've been going through the book pretty hardcore, trying to find all the new awesome stuff to do.

I just got some Lazarus play in yesterday and today.

-- - -

To start, his Grenade Launcher is the most powerful gun I have ever been hit with, I think.

He killed 4 Belles in one activation thanks to cards no higher than an 8, which is huge.

I'm still scouring the book to see just how much more brutal he can get with his Assimilate, but so far I haven't looked very far into that.

What're some of your ideas on him?

Shouldn't have abused him then. :P

Show us on the doll where the guild touched you!

Hehe

Well the laz bot is awesome, his trigger is where its at in my mind.

He works incredibly well with the freikorps, with the corpsmen armor making them amune to his blasts old laz boy can charge into the thick of things and blast away troops that are the fray through his unload ordanance trigger and do no harm to your freikorps.

His ablity to steal scrap counters also gives you an edge vs scavenger lists.

The laz bot works splended in freikorps and will take in most my lists.

-Andrew

the interesting point is his "assimilate" talent.... use this and grab something which allows you to bury the bot and voila same effect as the dreamer: no effects ending and every activation some new tricks for old laz... its all about some delicate micromanagment but when you want to create a evil superbot there's your machine!

You can't take Laz and Ryle in the same list...ryle is guild.

Also, Lobo brought up a bunch of stuff to do with him down in the general threads part, called "How Awesome is your Lazarus." IMO, because of Ramos easily being able to generate lots of scrap, Lazarus combined with a SS Miner in a Ramos list is probably the best use for him (and because Ramos is a construct, you can assimilate Use SS...something I can't do with Levi unless I also take Collodi :/ ).

He'll still find a way into many of my Levi and Merc lists though.

Laz is probably quite broken... Koali had some interesting thoughts about him using him in the very same manner as some dreamerplayers use their minions with the "bury/never ending effeccts" trick... works with arcanists...

Yup, after only 3-4 games, the other guys in my LGS are already starting to hate him, LOL. I actually won a 3-way fight while only losing 1 model the entire game, a lot thanks to Lazarus (granted, the other guys attacked each other first too, but it was pretty brutal). And even then, I only lost 1 model, which was Lazarus, because I had crappy cards and failed to have Alyce Reactivate him one turn so he could bury again.

But yeah, the list I've been running, at 40ss, is this:

Ramos (can attach Avatar if you want)

Mobile Toolkit

Alyce

Lazarus

SS Miner

LSPA

Small Arachnid

4-6 SS depending on whether you attach Ramos' Avatar. Basically using Burrowing of the Miner and Burn Out from Rusty Alyce, you can make Lazarus into a complete Monster by the end of Turn 2.

You can do exactly the same thing with Leveticus though, and the only thing you really lose is access to Use Soulstone for Lazarus. Which is sort of a big loss, but he's still crazy strong, IMO.

Yeah he's still ok with Levi, but not having use ss is pretty huge. Hell, if you keep it simple with Ramos, you can just assimilate use ss and melee master from a SSminer and with the stuff he's already got he's better than most henchmen out there from a pure offense/defense standpoint.

Yeah, I like getting an Arachnid Swarm in there as well though, as you can Assimilate Strength in Numbers, and it applies to either of his weapons. If you run Avatar Ramos, you can summon a Warden, even though Lazarus is in the build, right? Then you could Assimilate (+1) Relentless, which would be rather solid.

With Levi, I think there's a few solid things you can do with some of the Riders. You can get access to stuff like Nimble, Fast, Terrifying...

Is there any way to Assimilate Paired? I know in most cases it specifies a weapon on the various pieces' cards. Been trying to see if there's anything else that offers :+fate for attack flips anywhere, as I feel like that's probably the only other thing I would try to grab for him.