Which master for bete noir?

studderingdave

I think Nicodem works best as he creates Mindless Zombies which are easy to kill for Bete to pop out with. Also when Nico sacrifices them to create a minion, she can pop out (MZ are both a corpse counter and a model). This way her burying ability can be used to great effect.

Although I have never played with or against Nico, I would assume the best practice is to keep Mzs close to him, so this could be a problem.

I use her with Seamus and she's great. Up to 5 Slit Jugulars a turn really eats up a persons hand. 2 doggies are my delivery system as they're fast, cheap, and have to be killed before they close in and debuff the enemies def.

IMO, the only master she's not great with is Kirai. I also hear she's good with Leveticus as he has slap an extra crow onto her attack for added lulz.

edonil has it, everyone except kirai who can take her has a good use for her but all for different reasons.

Seamus: card control with two models having slit jugular

Leveticus: as above but he can get her to auto hit trigger

Nicodem: more paralyse plus with bolster shes paired Cb8 and Df9

McMourning: discourage people from killing dogs, gives another mobile heavy hitter

She works for any Resurrectionist Master.

Nicodem has the most synergy with her though.

1. He has the most options to bring her in.

(enemy model killed, own model killed, MZ sacrificed for Reanimation, MZ sacrificed for Zombie Fodder).

He has two different abilities that don't require killing models or winning opposed duels to summon her. And if you bring her through Zombie Fodder related sacrifice, she actually can counter-attack the model which tried to kill Nicodem (if it is a melee attacker).

2. He can both heal her (she can always do One with the Night to keep herself alive, but quite often simply keeping her in game is even better), and buff her Cb and Df by 2, which turns her into a monstrosity.

Paired Cb8 Bête going for Groin Strike can kill most models, including many masters, within single Flurry

She is monster and works with every one.

Every one has said the good things about her. The bad things are

1, 4 wds. No way you cut it. 4 wds is not a lot. A lot of models have min Dmg of 4 which will ruin her.

2, To get the most out of her you want her to pop out in your opponents turn. Note. If you can companion some how mid activation (im thinking mortimer) can cause an unexpected head ache.

3, You will hold a 10 to keep her around. You are not going to want to lose her so your going to WANT to keep the high card in hand. You need to weigh up whether which is more important and how likely she will bite it. Shes 9ss of wrecking ball but she is not indestructible

my 2p

I think Nicodem works best as he creates Mindless Zombies which are easy to kill for Bete to pop out with. Also when Nico sacrifices them to create a minion, she can pop out (MZ are both a corpse counter and a model). This way her burying ability can be used to great effect.

Although I have never played with or against Nico, I would assume the best practice is to keep Mzs close to him, so this could be a problem.

You can't pop out on a sac. "When a living or undead model is killed." But it does make your opponent think twice about killing that desperate merc in their deployment zone first turn.