How many dolls for Collodi?

Jackanory

I've got the Collodi box on order and plan on taking him as a master so I'm just wondering how many wicked doll miniatures I should look at getting. Obviously I'll be using the ones that come in the box but then I'll probably sculpt any extra ones...

whoa! 50 views and no replies! i would've thought Collodi players would've chimed in on this one already!

I will anwser this :D although I'm not a collidi player, but my brother is :)

he has 6 wicked dolls, and he uses 4-5 of them,

so buying an extra pack of wickeds is not such a bad idee :) especially if you combine Collodi with zoraida, they are sick together,, i saw my brother do a destroy the evidence in turn 2, complete 4VP,

I have recently started Collodi and have some words of wisdom. I have used Wicked Dolls twice and not once and regretted not fielding them that one time as Collodi almost died. Field at least 3 of them because their healing being 0 and with them having fast mean they are like lightning support. They can also sac each other to kill that one unit the marionettes and stitched can't quite kill.

Here is what I run for a 30 point game

Collodi

Marionette 4

Stitched 3

Wicked 5.

Everyone else is rare and I filled it up with them as they make fantastic meat shields for the stitched and wicked. Fill your most up front minions with stones.

Collodi don't need no soulstones so fill up your army with wicked and never look back. Especially when everyone else has a rare cap and they all fit together like a massive puzzle with the wicked as their glue.

I have recently started Collodi and have some words of wisdom. I have used Wicked Dolls twice and not once and regretted not fielding them that one time as Collodi almost died. Field at least 3 of them because their healing being 0 and with them having fast mean they are like lightning support. They can also sac each other to kill that one unit the marionettes and stitched can't quite kill.

Here is what I run for a 30 point game

Collodi

Marionette 4

Stitched 3

Wicked 5.

Everyone else is rare and I filled it up with them as they make fantastic meat shields for the stitched and wicked. Fill your most up front minions with stones.

Collodi don't need no soulstones so fill up your army with wicked and never look back. Especially when everyone else has a rare cap and they all fit together like a massive puzzle with the wicked as their glue.

Yeah basically that up above. It's definitly worth buying that additional pack of Wicked Dolls to get up to at least 6. I tend to try and avoid the Stitched where I can, so I run 2 Stitched and instead add in another Wicked Doll.

What will be interesting will be just how well the Widow Weaver will fit into a Collodi list. She certainly has some great abilities, but is her speed to much of a hamstring? Haven't really gotten much time in with this since the release, so interested to hear what others, who have played them together, think.

As far as the effigies go, the Arcane one looks fantastic for him as it gets him more AP to cast stuff and more cards. He isn't a slouch and the ressers effigy ain't bad to take away those pesky immunity's. Other then that, the guild one seems lackluster unless you want a gun, the neverborn one masks fate flips which is cool, and outcasts like making jokers go back into your deck.

For collodi, this is how I would rank them.

1. Arcane

2. Res.

3. Neverborn

4. Guild

5. Outcast

What immunities are you needing to strip away using the Carrion Effigy? Really its not that great. I mean it's not terrible, but that's really about the best thing you can say for it. Pretty easy to kill, not very fast, not outstanding in Melee, ranged attack is Meh, very small auras for it's effects.

Seriously every other Effigy is better for Collodi than the Carrion is. Arcane is amazing.

I was referring to Collodi Crews. I've never played against one who gave any care whatsoever to any immunities his opposing crew might have.

I agree Seamus likes having stripping immunities away, the fragility of the Carrion, his cost at 4SS and the fact that his aura is only 4" pretty much assures he will be left at home.

If the aura was 8" or 10" I could see a use for him but really 4SS for a super easy to kill minion... pass thank you.

Ahhhhh, your own model in conjunction with Zoraida. I hadn't thought of that, and it's interesting. But Carrion is not going to be keeping pace with the Hooded Rider. Do you personally think spending 4SS on a model for one maybe two casts of obey is worth it? Why not just bring a model from the outset that can be obeyed? The hooded or Juju are certainly ok models, but are they better than the twins? Or extra stiched?

If your defending you could Obey to charge and then use your actual activation to move back to your lines. doing an attack as you move..

Rinse and repeat.

The other thing to note is once you remove the immunity, you can then Hex off Immune to Influece and Obey all game.

But I agree I would probably just go with Von Schill.

Edited by Ratty

• 2 weeks later...
I used a Zoraida list with Collodi and Widow Weaver, and the WW was somewhat disappointing - she didn't really keep up much and I felt a doppleganger would have served me better. I'm somewhat hesitant to try her again really.

Using Collodi as a Master, though, and you can't pick the Doppleganger.